onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Cambridge United

Fosse69

Uche will probably bully our back line. I miss him.

Does anyone remember when he violated Doncaster's CB pairing of Rob Jones and Jamie McCombe? Made two experienced pros look silly all afternoon, honestly thought if Andoh hadn't got his awful injury and Uche hadn't been frozen out after his sending we could have done something that year.

At one point I recall Uche bursting through in that game and a Doncaster defended literally rugby tackled him and he just dragged him along clinging to his legs!

Did rate him but didnt progress as we'd expect.

Advert

Should be this IMO:

Boot/Lainton

Gibbons

Anderson

Smith

Gunning

Denton

1 of Kay/Tonge/Pugh

Worrall

Whitfield

Harnesss

Pope

Boot/Lainton

2 of Kay/Tonge/Pugh

Montano

Turner

Forrester

Reeves

Can't understand why we are going back to the garbage CM pairing of Pugh & Tonge, it didn't work for Brown & it won't suddenly for Aspin. Slowest pairing in the entire football league. I'd go with 5 at the back, 2 wing backs, 5-3-2 but essentially 5-3-1-1 with somebody just behind Pope.

I just hope/pray our final whistle winning team play...:yes: and if anyone of our team does not play well, surly with our big squad he can be dropped to the reserves till they find their magic touch again, as in the old days...:clap: no one should be a automatic choice.:ohmy:

My team

Lainton

Wilson Gunning Anderson Pugh

Gibbons kay

Worrall Harness Whitfield

Pope

Denton to play a half and whitfield the other .

Gibbons tackles and if we win the ball up the pitch then the front four can do there jobs well .

Uche v Smith i dont think so .

UTV

My team

Lainton

Wilson Gunning Anderson Pugh

Gibbons kay

Worrall Harness Whitfield

Pope

Denton to play a half and whitfield the other .

Gibbons tackles and if we win the ball up the pitch then the front four can do there jobs well .

Uche v Smith i dont think so .

UTV

Pugh at LB?! I appreciate that is where he started his career, but given that he can't mobilse against any central midfielder he's played to date, would you really fancy him to boss a speedy winger?!

At one point I recall Uche bursting through in that game and a Doncaster defended literally rugby tackled him and he just dragged him along clinging to his legs!

Did rate him but didnt progress as we'd expect.

I believe that was actually against Premier League opposition in West Brom.

Uche was clean through and Craig Dawson literally pulled his shorts down to stop him.

I agree he's hardly set the world alight but he's still only 22 and offers something which, on his day, is impossible to defend against.

Pugh at LB?! I appreciate that is where he started his career, but given that he can't mobilse against any central midfielder he's played to date, would you really fancy him to boss a speedy winger?!

Id expect his experience of playing that role will c him through .

Lets keep playing Gunning there then but maybe pugh may from that position give us a little more composure on the ball and quality when hitting the byline .

Like i say one thing i noticed about Wilson was he was involved with good passing in both goals v Wycombe ,i just think sometimes u have to try something different .

As u know im very different but i understand football and i c a central midfielder in Gibbons he passes he moves and he as desire to win the ball and energy is fantastic .

Just what we need to free space up in the box for top man Popey

That’s the squad Brown has left us with. Who would you play instead? And don’t say ADF as he is nowhere near disciplined enough to play CM.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

100% I would play reeves or adf over Pugh. They're not great and adf has proved nothing but he at least runs with the ball and actually shows a little bit of energy.

Archived