onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reserves v Morecambe 1pm today

PV1973

A good workout on a difficult pitch that was cutting up quite a lot with many players losing their footing. The most hard working in my opinion was Anthony De Freitas, although he was a little selfish at times. The right hand side of the back four were done for pace on several occasions with a ball over the top. Not very promising.

I know a lot of people rightly bemoan his lack of 'end product', but surely a mobile, hard-working, and offensively driven ADF is more useful to our starting 11 than two slow, ponderous, backwards passing lumps like Pugh and Kay?

He's not going to bag 10 goals this season, as I incorrectly predicted, but he's at least willing to carry the ball forward and make attacking runs, something our midfield is incapable of doing these days. We've got the players with end product, we need someone who can get the ball into the attacking third. At the present, we resort to route 1 as we have no option through the middle to transition.

ADF, whilst limited, is a hardworking lad who hasn't moaned once about playing with kids in the reserves, and seems to be our only midfielder capable of attacking thinking.

Give him a bash; surely he can't be worse than Kay + Pugh?

Advert

Best I've seen ADF play, and it was out on the right wing. Yates ended with an ambulance so Tyrone played centre back. Turner and Pyke looked fine, so too Forrester be Benns, right midfielder, looks a prospect.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using the onevalefan mobile app

If that's Vale's right I suggested that senario a couple of times (I'm not in the least bit suggesting the Vale staff took any notice whatsoever of me or have ever read any of my OVF posts).

AdF can dribble and has energy but when he crosses or shoots from the left hand side of the pitch his technique puts so much curve on the ball it really curves away from the goal, hence when shooting from the left hand side of the pitch he's in effect only shooting at half the goal, probably why he hasn't scored.

Playing him on the right would mean his crosses/shots would curve towards the goal making them very dangerous and tasty to attackers. The only downside would be he would have to check back onto his left hand side to shoot/cross (I don't know if he can cross/shoot with his right foot) but that's common with many premier league players. His goal vs Kidsgrove came from the right hand side.

If he's played as well on Vale's RHS as you suggest then it gives the coaching staff food for thought. Hope he's given a chance in the first team on the right at some time.

2-0 Vale goal from Benns

Harry is from Warrington. Picked up at under 12 from Man City Development ( couldn’t get near the Academy as the likes of Phil Foden , Tyrese Campbell were in situ.) My son played with most of Second year scholars up to under 14 level. Harry stood out then and it appears does now. He’s got a great chance IMHO.

Unfortunately Vale lost their best prospect at this age group a couple of years earlier to Stoke- lad named Jacob Twyford, now featuring in Stokes u18 and u23 teams.

He’s not a striker, it’s more important for the strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I thought we needed more goals from midfield. ADF and Benns are supposed to play similar roles but Benns has already scored more goals than ADF. That was my point. I know reserve football is a lot slower paced but ADF never impresses me that much in reserve games although I missed Tuesdays as it was a bit too early a kick off for me.

Archived