onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Give Neil Aspin a Longer deal now Mr Smurthwaite!

old sage

Advert

If it is true then I believe that it was in fact Micky Adams who told the Club's owner to speak to Aspin as he wasn't even on the supremo's short list of three. So if that is the case then don't let anyone give him any credit for the new manager's selection.

Is Adams paying his wages?

I have said from day one that I think in appointing Aspin, Smurf was more interested in saving his own backside rather than the Vale, but if he doesn't give Aspin a decent contract, fans will be calling for his head again.

Surely they both go hand in hand though. Ultimately smurf succeeds if vale succeeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Surely they both go hand in hand though. Ultimately smurf succeeds if vale succeeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes of course, I'm not complaining that he appointed Aspin, I think it's the best decision he made, I just question his motives, but whatever they are although it was Micky Adams who told him to go for him, he could have ignored him and still gone for one of his favoured 3, but he didn't so credit where credits due

If it is true then I believe that it was in fact Micky Adams who told the Club's owner to speak to Aspin as he wasn't even on the supremo's short list of three. So if that is the case then don't let anyone give him any credit for the new manager's selection.

Honestly have a day off for goodness sake! 😂

So the owner asks Adams for advice, appoints Aspin and pays him, pays his back room team and paid of BS Brown and his lunatics and deserves no credit. That is a whole new level of crack pot craziness.

Honestly have a day off for goodness sake! 😂

So the owner asks Adams for advice, appoints Aspin and pays him, pays his back room team and paid of BS Brown and his lunatics and deserves no credit. That is a whole new level of crack pot craziness.

By that logic he deserves credit for employing page, bruno and brown because if he hadnt we wouldnt be in the position now of employing aspin??

We dont know who he listened to when he employed page and brown but its reported he did listen [to someone] when he employed bruno.... perhaps he was advised, by someone, to take on page and brown, its likely.

The law of averages says that if you do something often enough there is a chance you will get it right at some point.

Im not sure he deserves credit, recognition perhaps he finally did something thats positive... or at least is leaning that way.

By that logic he deserves credit for employing page, bruno and brown because if he hadnt we wouldnt be in the position now of employing aspin??

We dont know who he listened to when he employed page and brown but its reported he did listen [to someone] when he employed bruno.... perhaps he was advised, by someone, to take on page and brown, its likely.

The law of averages says that if you do something often enough there is a chance you will get it right at some point.

Im not sure he deserves credit, recognition perhaps he finally did something thats positive... or at least is leaning that way.

He deserves criticism for appointing Page, Bruno and Brown but praise for getting it right this time. The illogical and the completely bizarre logic of some posters that clearly hate the man and criticise his wrong doing and fail to give praise for the good things he does shows a lack of integrity.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

He deserves criticism for appointing Page, Bruno and Brown but praise for getting it right this time. The illogical and the completely bizarre logic of some posters that clearly hate the man and criticise his wrong doing and fail to give praise for the good things he does shows a lack of integrity.

I would argue that he made the decisions to employ the above but that just rates as 3 bad choices/mistakes on the premise that any of them could have been the right choice before the choice was made and were only wrong with the benefit of hindsight.

I havent criticised him for making the decisions, given his knowledge of football I doubt he didnt seek advice from someone and that someone should shoulder at least some of the responsibility for the choice... in the same vain someone shoud take some responsibility for making a right choice... neither is deserving of credit for doing that, its not a credit or blame situation its simply a decision that had to be made and a gamble that ultimately had to be taken.

The only man deserving of credit in this situation is aspin.

Why was Rob Page abysmal? He had us comfortably mid-table in Division Three in his first full season of management.

I'd like a bit of abysmal right now.

Short term memory syndrome. He started the rot and fans were walking away in droves.

Most people want to be entertained not bored stupid.

Here we go again... Normans attack dogs are back out in force... People are allowed opinions chaps. This overly protective 'leave Norman alone' attitude is what kills these threads.

This is football, Norman made a massive mess of the club, people don't like him, that's allowed. What we don't need is the 'Smurf loving police' to derail every single thread.

I agree with Goesname on this ... Norman deserves recognition for finally getting a decision right, but credit feels a little strong.

Archived