Micky Adams autobiography

Doha

There are a lot of people that enjoy dealing with all the garbage that goes on in a badly run organisation...they enjoy the challenge cos to have some success in such an environment is an even greater achievement..I suspect MA is one such person. He may look on his achievements at PVFC as one of his greatest successes because of all the cr@p that was going on at the same time.

So MA...if you step back into the fray at Port Vale and achieve 'success' given the current circumstances it will be a major achievement..one for the updated autobiography in a year or two. And youd'r probably sell a few thousand copies in the Potteries

Advert:

And fans want this guy back at the Club? :laugh::clap:

From the quotes that have been posted, why would you not want him back at the club? I thought he came across really well, clearly cares about the club and has a lot of skills / contacts that were very much lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people wouldn't want him back, just not from the quotes posted.

Not want who back? I read it as Norman (back at the helm) though really he never left.

My position remans that he needs to do something that may not be in his DNA i.e. leave to whole shebang to Garlick and Adams. The fact that he isn't going anywhere sometime soon (unless he's waiting to ofset losses with Hugill money) everyone else just has to get over.

The quote about when he went on the board is interesting. It seems Bratt and co had him over a barrel and he was only thinking of the team and getting players. As much as we whinged at him at the time for making the board quorate(as we wanted the clowns out) I admire him for that. The stuff about thinking the rooms were bugged as well:laugh:

Seems an interesting read, I'm not sure Micky coming back is necessarily the right decision atm but at least from the quotes he comes over well and is being pretty honest, he's a good football man!

Advert:

It proves to me that Micky must have a tile or two loose to even consider working for/with Norman again. After some of the quotes on here from the book why oh why would anyone who is sane would even talk to Norman again after all that allegedly went on previously.

Micky was a good manager at times for us but seriously...do we need him back here now in any capacity, even if he has "contacts etc?" There are a million other football managers/ coaches who have contacts and are not party to Vale's past indescretions so for our sake I hope we attract a proper and experienced person who can handle Norman....if such a person exists?

From the quotes that have been posted, why would you not want him back at the club? I thought he came across really well, clearly cares about the club and has a lot of skills / contacts that were very much lacking.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people wouldn't want him back, just not from the quotes posted.

No, I was referring to MA.

Sorry, I just see it as a massive backwards step to appoint him.

All too easy for NS to go to him for "advice."

Anyhow, why would Adams want to be involved with such a small-time Club like Vale?

Damning accounts of both V2001 and Smurf. The former thought we were bugging the boardroom and the latter openly told Micky he 'didn't know how to run a football club'. This was probably not long after he told us it was easier than running Stoke Audi.

The image of a dishevelled Ryder with a carrier bag of notes is hilarious. Someone needs to find the man and have a chat with him, see what was really happening.

Look what happened when Bratt didn't go to him for advice we got 'Lucky Jim' and his laptop!As Geoff Horsfield said one of the biggest ***** in football:wacko:

I do agree though I'm not sure Micky Adams(in any role) is the way forward in our current predictament but he's clearly a respected an intelligent(in a football sense) person, he knows the English game very well.

JA has summed it up well above, some people love a challenge and dealing with prats, perhaps Micky is one of them?

Advert:

Damning accounts of both V2001 and Smurf. The former thought we were bugging the boardroom .

Ahh but they didn't find them..one was hidden behind the portrait of Bratt dressed as Napoleon that hung in the boardroom and the other was in the sweety jar in the board room...NS found that one

Advert:

A note on copyright:

This is a book of 432 pages and the opening post contains a dozen paragraphs. As I understand copyright law (thanks to original poster Doha for sending me links) you are allowed to quote as long as "the extent of the quotation is no more than is required by the specific purpose for which it is used".

In this case, there have been 12-odd quotes used as part of a discussion about his time at Vale. It's a tiny portion of a 412 page book that deals with his time at many other clubs so I think it's fair enough.

I would also argue that far from breaching copyright, these quotes may encourage people to buy the book to read the full story (I know I am going to get a copy) so it's actually helping the market the book not damage sales.

Finally, I also think it's valid that in light of some of the claims (which shed new light on some incidents) you need the quotes to be able to form a viewpoint. How can you (for instance) talk about Micky Adams' view on Keith Ryder or Norman Smurthwaite without those quotes?

Thanks,

Rob

p.s. for anyone looking to buy the book, it is published by these people - https://www.bitebackpublishing.com/books/micky-adams and is available online (Amazon link for the Kindle version here though other bookshops are available - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micky-Adams-My-Life-Football/dp/1785902423 ) and I think it's on sale in high street stores too.

Don't think I don't find all the above interesting and will probably get the book but isn't it a breach of copyright?

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Breach of Copyright..it is..suggest Admin remove or Doha paraphrases

Nope. I checked before posting.

Copyright Act 1988 -

Fair dealing with a work for the purpose of criticism or review, of that or another work or of a performance of a work, does not infringe any copyright in the work provided that it is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement

Copyright in a work is not infringed by the use of a quotation from the work (whether for criticism or review or otherwise) provided that—

(a)

the work has been made available to the public,

(b)

the use of the quotation is fair dealing with the work,

©

the extent of the quotation is no more than is required by the specific purpose for which it is used, and

(d)

the quotation is accompanied by a sufficient acknowledgement (unless this would be impossible for reasons of practicality or otherwise).

All of those conditions have been satisfied.

Archived