onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

v Morecambe: game and post match comments

Tosh

You can bring your own food, but i think barbecuing a Wildebeast in front of the Lorne St stand may be frowned upon.

Crocodiles ate all the Wildebeast..........

Actually I was giving serious thought to what type of food to take to maximize my viewing enjoyment. If it's a case that Vale are going to play a very creative, aesthetic, intelligent style of complex football, then I'd be better off taking some foodstuffs that would elevate my concentration and cognitive resonance, blueberries suggest themselves as an ideal fare for that scenario. However, if it is to be a more physical encounter then I'd be best advised to beef up on some dense protein, maybe 50 hard-boiled eggs a la Paul Newman in a Cool Hand Luke style. And of course if it is to be an afternoon of resounding victory then there will be a requirement for celebratory victuals to accentuate the visceral thrill, so I'd better throw in a bottle of iced champagne and a few sherbet dips. Of course covering all actualities there will be an additional need for some comfort food in case of a wound-licking defeat, after a vist to Ross County's ground last year it could be none other than a deep-fried pizza with a side-dish of a deep fried bag of revels

Points-with-Bone

Advert

Actually I was giving serious thought to what type of food to take to maximize my viewing enjoyment. If it's a case that Vale are going to play a very creative, aesthetic, intelligent style of complex football, then I'd be better off taking some foodstuffs that would elevate my concentration and cognitive resonance, blueberries suggest themselves as an ideal fare for that scenario. However, if it is to be a more physical encounter then I'd be best advised to beef up on some dense protein, maybe 50 hard-boiled eggs a la Paul Newman in a Cool Hand Luke style. And of course if it is to be an afternoon of resounding victory then there will be a requirement for celebratory victuals to accentuate the visceral thrill, so I'd better throw in a bottle of iced champagne and a few sherbet dips. Of course covering all actualities there will be an additional need for some comfort food in case of a wound-licking defeat, after a vist to Ross County's ground last year it could be none other than a deep-fried pizza with a side-dish of a deep fried bag of revels

Points-with-Bone

what you drinking ? and where can i buy some?

what you drinking ? and where can i buy some?

These days I drink only the finest, iced, naturally carbonated mineral water (we have our own source that some call the 'river') after an embarrassing and cerebrally destructive evening involving several pints of Marstons Owd Roger, the outer casing of a biro, a pitched battle with tomato shaped tomato sauce dispensers and the thorough cleaning of a high-street department store window whilst being supervised by a fine member of her majesty's constabulary

Points-with-Bone

These days I drink only the finest, iced, naturally carbonated mineral water (we have our own source that some call the 'river') after an embarrassing and cerebrally destructive evening involving several pints of Marstons Owd Roger, the outer casing of a biro, a pitched battle with tomato shaped tomato sauce dispensers and the thorough cleaning of a high-street department store window whilst being supervised by a fine member of her majesty's constabulary

Points-with-Bone

ok then, what you smoking? and where can i buy some?

ok then, what you smoking? and where can i buy some?

Well it must be said that wife number five 'Bends-like Beckham' has a small sativa plot that she cultivates beyond the sorghum and the beans, but she is having to 're-stock' as the goats and deer broke in one night, ate the lot then attacked the kraal shop and stole all the Mars bars

Points-with-Bone

Points-with-Bone

Only one dish for the true Vale Park experience - Wrights' pies. Connor beat 'em. Truly awesome.

We will have to be at our very best to beat Morecambe, even without Jevons. It will be very a difficult game. Last weekend Paul Sturrock described them as a team that knows how to play away from home and this is borne out by their away record (W4 D2 L0 F12 A5). Even when Morecambe were down to 10 men, Southend couldn't put them away, so we will need to be at our very best. I'm optimistic but there's no room for complacency. Should be a cracker.

If we play like we did first half last week I cant see it remaining at 0-0

I thought the first half last friday was in the top 10 Vale performances I have ever witnessed - and that totals somewhere not far short of a thousand games.

Another poster pointed out though that each time we have had a top class home win followed by another home game, we have blown it, so I really hope there is no complacency.

A 1-0 win in a tight game would be fine. I don't think anyone is really expecting anything like the 7-2 last spring though, Morecambe are a dangerous and different proposition now with 4 wins and 3 draws in 7 away games.

I thought the first half last friday was in the top 10 Vale performances I have ever witnessed - and that totals somewhere not far short of a thousand games.

Another poster pointed out though that each time we have had a top class home win followed by another home game, we have blown it, so I really hope there is no complacency.

A 1-0 win in a tight game would be fine. I don't think anyone is really expecting anything like the 7-2 last spring though, Morecambe are a dangerous and different proposition now with 4 wins and 3 draws in 7 away games.

I think confidence is flowing after quite a poor start, not expecting anything like 7-2 but if we perform like that there will only be one winner

Archived