onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Senior Citizens in football

Twitters

Is it flip! Since I am a junior member of Nick's grey power movement, all I can say is fight the power sister!

Nice to have you on board!

Will you be joining us on our 'grey power rules - we're no fools' march to demand pensioner sitting nearer to the 'facilities' and free oxo for the over 60's? :D

Advert

I can apply for mine in a couple of weeks.:D

Havent been on a bus for years though.

Grey power rules - wake up Deakin., you're not as clever as you think. There are many who would pay £170 for a ST and their pay on the day total for the rest of the season would be considerably less if not zero.

One day to go before it goes down to £160.

The current price is excellent for people of working age.

For OAP's it should be around £200.

£170 is taking the **** as if he did you would reconsider and demand it for £150! :D

The presenters seemed to be in agreement with Ivan Gazidis, the Arsenal CEO. When asked at a shareholders meeting why they didn't offer concessions for senior citizens, he said it was because children were the future and it was more important to win new fans, and use the older fans to fund this.

Even if football clubs are to be as mercenary as this, it's still the wrong approach.

The fact is that the population is living longer and there are going to be a greater proportion of elderly people around in the future.

So, even if it's just about money (which it isn't), it doesn't make sense to alienate a growing sector of your audience and one (often due to poorly performing pension funds) are very price sensitive...

I can apply for mine in a couple of weeks.:D

Havent been on a bus for years though.

Grey power rules - wake up Deakin., you're not as clever as you think. There are many who would pay £170 for a ST and their pay on the day total for the rest of the season would be considerably less if not zero.

One day to go before it goes down to £160.

You're not missing much. When it was icy last year I couldn't get my car up the street so, as there's a bus stop near to us, we decided to go to Asda on a bus. Oooooo dear! :shutup:

As far as i'm concerned your second paragraph raises a very valid point. As i've said on an earlier post, I never really know if i'm going to be able to get to a game in advance so i'm going back to pay on the day. IF there were a decent concession then I'd get a ST purely to help the clubs cash flow. I shant hold my breath though....at my age it isn't wise ;)

The current price is excellent for people of working age.

For OAP's it should be around £200.

£170 is taking the **** as if he did you would reconsider and demand it for £150! :D

On the gate full £20.50

On the gate over 60 £15

Full ST £221

£221 x 15/20.50 = £161.70

£170 seems pretty fair to me , perhaps I should have asked for £162?

It's called being financially sensible. Older supporters are already hooked. We've got to addict the youngsters. It's just like being a drug dealer.

I've got my bus pass and when I use it, I see very few paying customers. OAP discounts wouldn't boost revenue.

It's called being financially sensible. Older supporters are already hooked. We've got to addict the youngsters. It's just like being a drug dealer.

I've got my bus pass and when I use it, I see very few paying customers. OAP discounts wouldn't boost revenue.

I suppose i see your point, i mean some of the older amongst us are even addicted to heating and light in the winter so maybe we should take away their cold weather payments.

How dare these people that have worked and supported all their lives expect anything back!!!

For a club like Arsenal it probably makes financial sense long-term.

Looking at our own scenario it's obvious that we need bums on seats and the more the merrier so we need to be targetting as many people as we can!

It always amazes me when PMT/British Rail etc. put up their prices because people arent using theis services......the only people affected are the 'Loyal' customers they already have, so sooner or later they give up too!

Drop the prices as low as we can, get people sitting on seats, purchasing merchandise, supporting the team.

Rocket Science?

Archived