onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Senior Citizens in football

Twitters

Advert

With the working age continuing to rise, what age would you class as being a pensioner? Valid question cause i'm getting to that particular time of life myself.

This could be a can of worms, lets face it if these government geniuses have their way no one will ever be a pensioner as we will have to work to such an old age we'll all kick the bucket on the shopfloor at this rate.

OAP discounts wouldn't boost revenue.

I think you're fundimentally wrong there...

Theoretical situation: If (for example) one pensioner can only afford a tenner to go to Vale... what benefits a football club more in terms of revenue?

1. A price of £20 per OAP ticket so he/she doesn't come

2. A price of £10 per OAP ticket so he/she does come

In other words, if discounted tickets actually persuade elderly people to come to the game and non-discounted ones don't then it surely makes economic sense to offer discounted tickets for OAPs.

Of course, football clubs will also want to encourage young kids as well but what's wrong with discounts for both young and old? As long as the deals attract people through the turnstiles then the club wins financially.

Just read stings link, how the hell can the likes of qpr and fulham charge them prices, they're sh 1 te.

Having said that if by some major miracle vale got promoted year on year by the time we got to the prem and with our "leaders" banging the ticket prices up every year we'd prob end up making the likes of qpr and fulham look cheap in comparison.

I heard a rumour that a certain north west based Premier lge club - following on from yesterdays moneymaking announcements - may decide that children should pay double the full price.

This is because children have much more money for strong alcohol, drugs, guns, playstations, etc. and it would keep them off the streets for a few hours. This could be a very attractive idea for the Tories, who will then add extra VAT on for under-18s.

what about a deal/package covering OAP's to bring their grandkids, could be a win win.

Spot on!

My grandfather took me to Vale matches until I was old enough to go on my own. It is thanks to him I saw the light and became a Vale fan.

It is even tougher to influence the next generation these days, as they all want to be Man U fans, but the influence of grandparents is important.

Archived