onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turkey holiday

valesince83

Advert

I always book insurance separately from the booking , with regards to money I change everything over there as the rate is a lot better , Facebook groups always helpful for tips on where to go , and I do all the trips directly , not through agents

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

A tip on travel insurance

Careful how you answer the medical questions, dont lie but choose how you phrase the answers... unless its just a tick box thing of course.

Personally I dont buy it, I use the euro health card in europe.

for other places its to expensive for the trips I make, if I can get it at all, some companies wont cover the time of the trip whilst others wont cover my preexisting conditions so any treatment/medication has to be paid for.

Wherever you decide to go... enjoy

What does the euro health card cover you on ? I can't use this in turkey but my dad is 70 and has health problems so insurance prices are through the roof so he's decided he can never go abroad again

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

What does the euro health card cover you on ? I can't use this in turkey but my dad is 70 and has health problems so insurance prices are through the roof so he's decided he can never go abroad again

It's worth getting the Euro health card until we Brexit which gives basic health cover but I recommend you always have separate health insurance and if like me you buy annual cover always check the countries it covers before buying, you'd be surprised of what countries are excluded by some insurers.

Im not sure exactly what it covers basic/emergency treatment/immediate needs I think... not prescriptions following treatment.

As examples...

I had occasion to visit a hospital in spain on my last visit. When expelling my bladder I found there was a little urine in my blood. I spent the day in hospital, tests/doctors and several bags of fluid pumped into my veins free of charge... prescription for pain killers and antibiotics 50 euros... taxi 100 euros.

A trip to the hospital in thailand with a broken toe... triage/doctor/xrays/dressings [splint etc]/medication 20 quid.

I dont know what your dads condition is but providing he is stable and simply requires medication he can get a prescription form his doctor in the uk for up to about 3 months which allows some scope if appropriate.

It's worth getting the Euro health card until we Brexit which gives basic health cover but I recommend you always have separate health insurance and if like me you buy annual cover always check the countries it covers before buying, you'd be surprised of what countries are excluded by some insurers.

One of the problems I had was length of cover. I could find yearly cover but only for 1 month per trip, 1 day over the month and the insurance was invalid.

As for currency... dont change large amounts in the UK, enough for a couple of days then change on site. Airport exchange rates are usually the lowest, arrive or depart... try to avoid taking torn/written on/dirty/overly creased/old notes... some places refuse to take them.... and if you have to carry all your cash split it up and not with your passport... which in some countries you have to carry with you at all times.

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to remember someone on here being a travel expert, not sure who it was but I rmemeber he thinks Smurf is wonderful, so that narrows it down a tiny bit.

But if you've ever said anything about Smurf that is vaguely critical, you could end up in Mosul. :smile:

Personally I'd forget about Turkey, its due a major earthquake soon that will completely flatten Istanbul and much of the rest of it too, and go here instead:-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fawlty+towers+view&view=detail&mid=8B01495A00A07529DFE58B01495A00A07529DFE5&FORM=VIRE

Called by Bea Smith.

We've just got back from oludeniz for the 2nd year in a row , we usually book through Thomson and both times stayed all inclusive sun city hotel , but next year we're trying to do it on a budget ,

any1 stayed in olu , and recommend anywhere ? And also the flight is looking about £1000 for the 5 of us , is there anyway to get this cheaper?

Have you tried beirut or Syria very similar terrorist hotspots to turkey the

Mind boggles !

Not very similar at all , but feel free to live a life in fear

Not similar at all apart from being run by fanatical nutcase and a population who spend all there waking hours trying to kill there neighbours .why don't you go on the beach if it's still there after the latest earthquake and wear some Union Jack shorts then u will see how friendly the locals are

Not similar at all apart from being run by fanatical nutcase and a population who spend all there waking hours trying to kill there neighbours .why don't you go on the beach if it's still there after the latest earthquake and wear some Union Jack shorts then u will see how friendly the locals are

In which I do every summer , its people with views like this that people should be more wary about . Not everyone is a hater

Just to let you know life is going on in Kos and BHF is alive and well

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Fred

I wish you and yours a lovely holiday, and safe return. I was going to post on the 'Changes to the Law' thread that anyone who gets through a Vale season like last should get a free government paid holiday, but maybe not.

I'm afraid this is not the 'big' earthquake that is coming, the Istanbul one will be thousands of times bigger and was glad to see minimal casualties this time. But those who think this is rubbish, google it and look at many creditable scientific sites and studies.

Archived