onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turkey holiday

valesince83

We've just got back from oludeniz for the 2nd year in a row , we usually book through Thomson and both times stayed all inclusive sun city hotel , but next year we're trying to do it on a budget ,

any1 stayed in olu , and recommend anywhere ? And also the flight is looking about £1000 for the 5 of us , is there anyway to get this cheaper?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

I seem to remember someone on here being a travel expert, not sure who it was but I rmemeber he thinks Smurf is wonderful, so that narrows it down a tiny bit.

But if you've ever said anything about Smurf that is vaguely critical, you could end up in Mosul. :smile:

Personally I'd forget about Turkey, its due a major earthquake soon that will completely flatten Istanbul and much of the rest of it too, and go here instead:-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fawlty+towers+view&view=detail&mid=8B01495A00A07529DFE58B01495A00A07529DFE5&FORM=VIRE

We've just got back from oludeniz for the 2nd year in a row , we usually book through Thomson and both times stayed all inclusive sun city hotel , but next year we're trying to do it on a budget ,

any1 stayed in olu , and recommend anywhere ? And also the flight is looking about £1000 for the 5 of us , is there anyway to get this cheaper?

We went to Ovacik a few years ago.Booked it with Travel Republic.Scenic area and not far from Oludeniz.

I seem to remember someone on here being a travel expert, not sure who it was but I rmemeber he thinks Smurf is wonderful, so that narrows it down a tiny bit.

But if you've ever said anything about Smurf that is vaguely critical, you could end up in Mosul. :smile:

Personally I'd forget about Turkey, its due a major earthquake soon that will completely flatten Istanbul and much of the rest of it too, and go here instead:-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fawlty+towers+view&view=detail&mid=8B01495A00A07529DFE58B01495A00A07529DFE5&FORM=VIRE

:boring:

Was going to go on a cruise to Iceland next year but as it's 105 years (I think) since the Titanic we are long overdue an iceberg related sea incident..best not go just in case.

Turkey was spectacular when I went some years back..and whilst it was work related I'd love to go back for a more social visit.Although maybe too hot for me these days in large parts of it

Enjoy wherever you go

Thanks, It is a beautiful country , and you can see why people go again and again , also forget the scaremongering when your there you feel safer than over here because of the friendliness of the locals . Saying that it only takes one lunatic to spoil all that .

I'm still no closer to deciding where to stay and who to book with but still plenty of time yet .

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Why would anyone want go Turkey..Dirty horrible country.

Perhaps they thrive on danger too - certainly not the safest place, with a civil war in the East as well against the Kurds, many suicide bombings and the imminent earthquake. :smile:

Love Ölüdeniz for a quiet get away. The beach is stunning and rated really highly and the locals unlike places like Bodrum and Side are really genuine and decent.

Where did you stay with TUI, the belcekiz?

Ignore the doom merchants, damning places they have probably never visited. The UK isn't very safe at the moment but that doesn't stop tourists coming here. I'm surprised some people venture outside their own front door at times 🙄

What's your budget for hotels?

Love Ölüdeniz for a quiet get away. The beach is stunning and rated really highly and the locals unlike places like Bodrum and Side are really genuine and decent.

Ignore the doom merchants, damning places they have probably never visited. The UK isn't very safe at the moment but that doesn't stop tourists coming here. I'm surprised some people venture outside their own front door at times

Hey,

Last 2 years we've stayed at sun city , think it was about 1900 this year all inclusive , but looking for summat closer to 1300, checked sun city and it's on for 2200 next year .

Perhaps they thrive on danger too - certainly not the safest place, with a civil war in the East as well against the Kurds, many suicide bombings and the imminent earthquake. :smile:

More incidents have happened closer to home recently than in turkey so I don't actually feel any less safe . Anyway the majority of incidents have been hundreds of miles away from resorts

Ignore the doom merchants, damning places they have probably never visited. The UK isn't very safe at the moment but that doesn't stop tourists coming here. I'm surprised some people venture outside their own front door at times

You would do well not to presume you know who has visited which places. Sell Turkey by all means, just don't put other people's views of it down if they are also giving friendly and practical advice.

The UK is far safer than Turkey, that is fact, but if someone wishes to take what is stil l a relatively small risk it is their choice.

Watch out for anyone who is asking your budget, you might just find they work in travel and there are probably far better options around if you have a good look on the internet.

Remember that travel agents and personal sales by small compaieshave to be higher priced because they are taking a cut for their commission, and you are protected better with an internet sale by credit card.

Get travel insurance too, anyone that tells you it isn't needed is an idiot.

Archived