onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turkey holiday

valesince83

Fred

I wish you and yours a lovely holiday, and safe return. I was going to post on the 'Changes to the Law' thread that anyone who gets through a Vale season like last should get a free government paid holiday, but maybe not.

I'm afraid this is not the 'big' earthquake that is coming, the Istanbul one will be thousands of times bigger and was glad to see minimal casualties this time. But those who think this is rubbish, google it and look at many creditable scientific sites and studies.

ps Most folk and nice and friendly when they are taking your money, however I must add that with limited experience of Turkish people some in other countries, notably Germany) I have never had any problem with them and they HAVE been friendly. I think their leadership is more to worry about.

Advert

ps Most folk and nice and friendly when they are taking your money, however I must add that with limited experience of Turkish people some in other countries, notably Germany) I have never had any problem with them and they HAVE been friendly. I think their leadership is more to worry about.

I worked for thirty plus years in I.T and for some of that time with Turkish people and they were all volitiile and unpredictable blowing up at the slightest thing and going on a rant -very amusing sometimes when on a computer help desk dealing with irate users 😝😃😳

So the Turks are decent and friendly people. I'll tell that to my Cypriot aunt and family who were forced to flee from their Famagusta home in 1974. 43 years later they are still unable to claim what is rightfully theirs thanks to the Annexation of the island. By whom ? Oh yes, the Turks.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

It is amazing that some will ignore the fact that people are dead, 100+ injured and thousands stranded after the Kos/Bodrum earthquake next to the Turkish coast, just to belittle, mock and deny facts - and travel agents will still try to send people there.

Turkey is at least 10-20 times more dangerous to visit than any other European (which it isn't despite what it claims) country. The big Istanbul earthquake, which will affect most of the seaside resorts is still to come - Bodrum had a tsunami that flooded it today and this quake was nowhere near what is coming.

I am not surprised by Railway Rowdys story either. And I have not even mentioned the terrorist threat inhis post.

Your a daft old girl Bea, I doubt you've ever ventured out of Stoke-on-Trent.

:laugh: Ive visited more countries than you have had crab sandwiches.

Where have you been, apart from places you have already told us like Malaga ? Have you been to Bangkok ? Are you familiar with Lesbos ? Or do you prefer a trip to Krakov ?

Your post breaks forum rules as well.

:laugh: Ive visited more countries than you have had crab sandwiches.

Where have you been, apart from places you have already told us like Malaga ? Have you been to Bangkok ? Are you familiar with Lesbos ? Or do you prefer a trip to Krakov ?

Your post breaks forum rules as well.

Bangkok... one of the worst places I have ever been... ignoring the irony in your post

Bangkok... one of the worst places I have ever been... ignoring the irony in your post

It was not chosen in that reply as anything to do with yourself, or even its location - I'm sure you can see it was chosen for its mild innuendo value.

Keep relative Law & Order in India perhaps ? Something that was borne out after the British left in the late 40's, when mass migration of both Hindu's & Muslims lead to tragic loss of life on both sides as former countryman took out their ire on the other. Whilst accepting that, in certain situations the British were not without fault, they did keep the lid on a very volatile situation. Something that even Gandhi himself struggled with.

It is amazing that some will ignore the fact that people are dead, 100+ injured and thousands stranded after the Kos/Bodrum earthquake next to the Turkish coast, just to belittle, mock and deny facts - and travel agents will still try to send people there.

Turkey is at least 10-20 times more dangerous to visit than any other European (which it isn't despite what it claims) country. The big Istanbul earthquake, which will affect most of the seaside resorts is still to come - Bodrum had a tsunami that flooded it today and this quake was nowhere near what is coming.

I am not surprised by Railway Rowdys story either. And I have not even mentioned the terrorist threat inhis post.

Spot on as was my mind boggles comment earlier when someone posts about the joys of holidaying in a terrorist zone

So the Turks are decent and friendly people. I'll tell that to my Cypriot aunt and family who were forced to flee from their Famagusta home in 1974. 43 years later they are still unable to claim what is rightfully theirs thanks to the Annexation of the island. By whom ? Oh yes, the Turks.

I'm sorry to hear of your aunts story and I meant not to say that all turks are good people and friendly. However there are good and bad in all countries - not least our own who displaced many Africans as slaves to America and even our own people to Australia to name just 2 instances. We could also mention what we did to the Scots and Irish. Does that make each and every English person bad ?

If everyone lived by my ethics there would be no need for armies or even police. There would be no Borders - just the human race living in peace and harmony and building a world for the future. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks like I and so atrocities the like of your aunts will continue.

How can we change things I don't know , we probably never will.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived