onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

London Bridge incident

davidatpreston

i think they would take steps that make us safer, yes. there's your answer.

now please answer mine.

would more police help? yes/no

would not bombing civilians abroad make it harder for ISIS to recruit? yes/no

Advert

Although I understand the sentiment I dont think arming all the police is the right way to go... nor do I think it will deal with random attacks such as this.
True, this was an amateur attack, surveillance would never detect it. It was mental, a small group of people with twisted ideas go on a suicide trip, killing innocent people. Stopping the spread of those ideas by the internet is difficult, maybe even more difficult in the future with crypto systems on the horizon. So reducing the sources that lie in the Middle East will have to be tackled, which has been in a state of war for a long time.

Those three couldn't run a bath never mind the country!

Unfortunately I do think it's become time to consider arming a small number of Police in major cities, airports, transport hubs and for major events. It could save lives and would also act as a deterrent.

It's very difficult to stop all would be attacks regardless of the amount of funding is put into counter terrorism. Should they continue though I can see some form of internment coming back, just as it did during WW2 and the NI conflict.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Why couldn't they?!?!?

Why couldn't they?!?!?

Because they are Marxist, lefty idealists who don't have a clue have to live within their means. Borrow, borrow, borrow is all they know. I'd put more trust in my 17-year-old daughter's ability to manage a budget than those three combined.

I actually feel sorry for traditional Labour supporters as most hate the party's leadership which has made them unelectable.

Couldn't do much worse than the tories currently are.
Could even help, after all with his (reportedly) contacts with all these terrorists, a new PM would know how to deal with them instead of relying on the Daily Mail?

Because they are Marxist, lefty idealists who don't have a clue have to live within their means. Borrow, borrow, borrow is all they know. I'd put more trust in my 17-year-old daughter's ability to manage a budget than those three combined.

I actually feel sorry for traditional Labour supporters as most hate the party's leadership which has made them unelectable.

The current Tory government has borrowed more than all Labour governments combined.

The current Tory government has borrowed more than all Labour governments combined.

Anyone can make silly statements without any supporting facts. It is true that current borrowing is higher than 10 years ago but the reason for that is we are still paying the bills of the last Labour government including: bank bailouts, unnecessary school building schemes and benefit giveaways.

You'll see from these ONS figures borrowing is now on a downward trend rather than upward as it was 10 years ago.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/governmentpublicsectorandtaxes/publicsectorfinance/timeseries/dzls/pusf

Regardless of who wins the election on Thursday I for one hope we continue to leave within our means otherwise we are heading for disaster.

The problem with dealing with these Islamists is that fear of death, which would deter most people, is not an issue for them - they actively seek martyrdom. Putting more police on the streets with guns may help to protect civilians but it won't stop these nutters carrying out these acts because they do not fear the consequences in the way any normal person does.

Archived