onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League Payments to Clubs 2016/17.

Paul6754

Advert

I've been banging on this drum for years. English football is rotten to the core and ruled entirely by greed. Germany have seen the light and revamped the way their money is shared out in the Bundesleague. I wouldn't hold my breath on the fA doing likewise because the Premiership clubs have got their claws in to deep and all the lower leagues get is the stripped carcase.

I honestly wouldn't recommend following football to any young starry eyed lad unless he can play and grab some of the obscene amounts that bang average players can get where even relegation is rewarded with a 'shed load' of cash then parachute payments to help them get their faces back into the Premiership trough!

Had this argument in the pub last week, most sjoke fans think it's great. They don't understand that from the bottom end of the championship downwards football is fooked. If by some fluke we got to the championship, we could ten fold our budget and not even compete. That's not cuz were tight it's because relegated sides from the Prem, of which there's about 12 receiving parachute payments of 30m+ even if our budget was 20m it's not a level playing field.

Makes you wonder where it's all going to end?

I can't comprehend that the football authorities have enabled the gulf to happen but at some point it's going to cause a whole heap of clubs (the current haves and the have nots) financial hardship at some point.

In the meantime the PL patronise the collective L1 & L2 with a pat on the head and a few pennies pocket-money.

Like I say REP - the mind boggles.

Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola who pocketed £41m from the player's move to Old Trafford says "If you are a European side,when a PL club passes you by,it's like Santa Claus coming to your house.You now have two markets,the PL and outside the PL".Riola's clients also include Romelu Lukaku and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"Times have changed" he said,"People who criticise the system need to understand they have to change the laws.If salaries rise it's because the real asset in football is the player.He went from a person with no power to, I am now the asset".

In some ways it's worse now with BT and other broadcasters competing with Sky for the rights..they all keep upping the ante. The only way I can see the money dropping/stagnating is either if there is a dramatic drop in subscriptions or they reach their maximum so the bidders simply have less/no more money or if broadcasters pull out leaving one to make a take it or leave it offer. Maybe BT should buy SKY so they become the only bidder :)

I think it unlikely that any of the football authorities will be able to do anything and the PL clubs aren't going to vote to change it to their detriment.

It's going to be interesting when the likes of Abramovich, the Man City owners and even the Coates family down the road etc eventually walk away from their respective clubs, is the money they've put into their clubs in the form of loans or "Kiss goodbye" money.

Abramovich has reportedly put ca 1 billion into Chelsea in interest free loans (payable within 18 months) hence even the grotesque, gargantuan sums of money handed out by the Premier League wouldn't cover that amount of debt or close to it. I guess Chelski will be hoping for another Billionaire to come riding out of the sunset should Abramovich walk but the cycle will surely break at some time.

It's going to be interesting when the likes of Abramovich, the Man City owners and even the Coates family down the road etc eventually walk away from their respective clubs, is the money they've put into their clubs in the form of loans or "Kiss goodbye" money.

Abramovich has reportedly put ca 1 billion into Chelsea in interest free loans (payable within 18 months) hence even the grotesque, gargantuan sums of money handed out by the Premier League wouldn't cover that amount of debt or close to it. I guess Chelski will be hoping for another Billionaire to come riding out of the sunset should Abramovich walk but the cycle will surely break at some time.

Can't see the cycle breaking. There will be loads of billionaires queueing up to buy the big clubs in the Prem whilst the money from TV is flooding in.

Paul Pogba's agent Mino Raiola who pocketed £41m from the player's move to Old Trafford says "If you are a European side,when a PL club passes you by,it's like Santa Claus coming to your house.You now have two markets,the PL and outside the PL".Riola's clients also include Romelu Lukaku and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"Times have changed" he said,"People who criticise the system need to understand they have to change the laws.If salaries rise it's because the real asset in football is the player.He went from a person with no power to, I am now the asset".

And despite all that we still can't compete with Europe's best and the true to class players go to Spain. Sad and pathetic really 😂

And despite all that we still can't compete with Europe's best and the true to class players go to Spain. Sad and pathetic really

When watching the FA Cup that's exactly what commentators were saying REP - that the PL may be the best in the world but the best players are in Spain :yes:

Archived