onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sam the Man

Fosse69

Advert

With his pockets crammed full of brown envelopes no doubt.

Interesting that's two managers in recent years that have walked away from Palace

You'd reckon Allardyce won't have made the same mistake as Pulis!

A strange one for successful managers to leave a Premier League club after a successful season to metaphorically join the dole queue but it is their prerogative.

You'd reckon Allardyce won't have made the same mistake as Pulis!

A strange one for successful managers to leave a Premier League club after a successful season to metaphorically join the dole queue but it is their prerogative.

It very, very simple the chairman wants to invest the obscene Sky cash into building new stands but Sam wanted a decent amount to strengthen the squad. After last season's close call I think that I know who is right.

I think it's more to do with his recent health problems and the heart attack he had. His wife begged him not to return to football after it happened but he joined Sunderland, England and then Palace.

It wasn't a heart attack--he underwent by-pass surgery a few years back. Why can't people take the news on face value? He says he wants to retire and spend more time with his family and that's seems like a good enough reason to me!

Big Sam has done a good job pretty much everywhere he's been. As long as you hire him in time, it's a certainty you wouldn't get relegated.

He's been a pioneer in training technology and sports science for football at a time when he was laughed at for believing in such things. I got the feeling that the England job was going to be his last job, but it ended badly and he didn't want to go out like that.

All the best to him.

Sam's going part-time,far easier to wait for another club trying to avoid relegation and work for four months every season.
Should be nick-named Santa Claus, comes around at Xmas with the gift of keeping the Sky money safe.

Good old school manager. Not many of them left in the game unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G900F using the onevalefan mobile app

What re your views on his tenure as England manager Martino ?

Does old school mean a total lack of integrity-offering advice on how to fix transfers and using the England manager to negotiate a £400k deal with a Far East firm.

You don't consider disgraced the position of England manager ?

If you like that sort of person, I rather hope some people's guesses about any connection you might have with Port Vale are incorrect.

Archived