onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale CEO says manager is happy with playing budget

News Feed

Advert

We are told that the budget is competitive, but not told what the budget is? The lack of financial information coming out Vale Park is concerning. It's easy to say the budget is competitive, but unless we are told what that budget it is, it means nothing.

We are told that the budget is competitive, but not told what the budget is? The lack of financial information coming out Vale Park is concerning. It's easy to say the budget is competitive, but unless we are told what that budget it is, it means nothing.

We don't need to know that. I don't see the point in letting our rivals, players, agents know the budget.

We don't need to know that. I don't see the point in letting our rivals, players, agents know the budget.

The club have already said they know what other clubs budgets are, and Colin Garlick says it's reasonably in comparison, thus de facto, rivals, players, agents already know?

If Norman is giving a competitive budget, let us know what it is, after all he is the one who wants us to spend our money.

Again, it is easy to say the budget is competitive, but unless we are told what the budget is, the statement is meaningless.

I think we've been far too open in recent years with putting our budget in the public domain. Competitive budget? We'll see by the players we bring in. I'm quite happy not to know what the figure is. Not many other clubs release that figure, I'm not sure why we need to do it.

The club have already said they know what other clubs budgets are, and Colin Garlick says it's reasonably in comparison, thus de facto, rivals, players, agents already know?

If Norman is giving a competitive budget, let us know what it is, after all he is the one who wants us to spend our money.

Again, it is easy to say the budget is competitive, but unless we are told what the budget is, the statement is meaningless.

It's most meaningless to tell the fans. Why don't we let Brown get on with using it to try and build a squad rather than tell everyone and have players take larger portions?

I really, really can't understand your point at all here.

Someones just moaning for moanings sake. Why would the club divulge what they are willing to spend on players? Seems like some people are just after excuses not to renew..... I'm not renewing if they sign Tanser or I'm not renewing if I don't know how much we have to spend on players.

I think we've been far too open in recent years with putting our budget in the public domain. Competitive budget? We'll see by the players we bring in. I'm quite happy not to know what the figure is. Not many other clubs release that figure, I'm not sure why we need to do it.

Agreed, we don't need to know the figure, we'll be able to tell if it's competitive by who we sign & keep etc. Still early days yet, I know we've barely got a team right now which is worrying but the leagues have only just finished, & the play-offs are still yet to. I expect signings will start to appear pretty soon.

Did we ever know the budget when Mr Bell was our owner, in those days nobody knew and no one cared. All that matters is we get the right players at the right price.

A "competitive" budget reads as an average budget. Given that we are a big club for league 2 and most league 2 clubs did not get our transfer money or sponsorship, this would be rather poor.

Competitive reads to me as being a budget that should have us in and around the playoffs. You look at who's in the league and who will be in there, and you have to think that's the target.

A "competitive" budget reads as an average budget. Given that we are a big club for league 2 and most league 2 clubs did not get our transfer money or sponsorship, this would be rather poor.

Yeah I'd agree with your assessment...average or possibly below average... a meaningless statement by Norman.

Norman promised openness and good communication when he took over, I would say it's vital to be more open given we have just been relegated.

Mind you Norman also promised to cover any losses from his Bruno experiment, and is not happening either.

We're really not a big club for League 2. All the teams who went down with us get much better crowds than us. Luton(if they stay down), Notts County, Lincoln, Grimsby and Mansfield will probably have better crowds than us on average.

Those are off the top of my head, as I just can't bring myself to look at that division in case I weep.

Archived