onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale CEO says manager is happy with playing budget

News Feed

"The playing budget has been reduced since Vale’s promotion", am I reading/understanding this statemet correctly that the playing budget will be lower than 4 years ago. Also what dooes the statement, "That it remained competitive", mean, with what, Kidsgrove Athletic, Newport County, Coventry City?

I don't expect to know the actual figure of the budget but if the CEO is making statements about it they should be clear and meaningful.

Does Michael Brown have much choice other than to say "He is happy with it."

Advert

We are told that the budget is competitive, but not told what the budget is? The lack of financial information coming out Vale Park is concerning. It's easy to say the budget is competitive, but unless we are told what that budget it is, it means nothing.

Even if we were told what the budget was, for us to know whether it was competitive or not, we would need to be told what every other clubs budget was.

Quality footballers in the lower leagues looking to improve their status may not like the antics of Port Vales owner and the nose diving towards adversity.

M. Brown will be facing a greater task in bringing quality players to the club than the task that he faced whilst in L1.

He's hardly likely to say "the manager's bloody furious with the playing budget" is he?

But hey, we're not dealing with idiots here people, because the powers that be have done their "due diligence" so we should all feel reassured. The mind boggles.

We'll soon know how competitive it is once we see the calibrate of players we sign. Put it this way, if we re-sign Ryan McGivern I will not be attending next year.

I'm surprised one or two of our resident 'I know it all, I have friends at the club' posters haven't been on to tell us the budget, or at the very least to try and say they know what it is.

I would wager it isn't in the top third of the L2 clubs, and we will be lucky if it is in the top half.

Brown has absolutely no option but to say he is happy with it, it will have been a requirement of him getting the managers job permanently.

Competetive is a very useful word - Smurf would probably say that San Marino are a competitive football team, and they are when compared to Gibraltar.

Look a thing the teams in the league next season, if we couldn't put up a 'competitive' budget to face that 23-high stack of garbage then the end really is around the corner (with us on top of course hee hee.)

Quality footballers in the lower leagues looking to improve their status may not like the antics of Port Vales owner and the nose diving towards adversity.

M. Brown will be facing a greater task in bringing quality players to the club than the task that he faced whilst in L1.

He can't stuff it up second time around surely. I will be amazed if it's not in the top 8-10 of budgets looking at the make up of the league so we certainly shouldn't be expecting anything less.

He can't stuff it up second time around surely. I will be amazed if it's not in the top 8-10 of budgets looking at the make up of the league so we certainly shouldn't be expecting anything less.

Putting pressure on Brown by saying it is one of the top budgets ? It could easily be one of the lowest, and I'm basing that on what Smurf did this time last year to Rob Page. History can and does repeat itself when it has worked once.

To be able to say it is competitive, one would need to know other budgets. So it would be quite possible to tell us where it sits in the list of budgets without revealing any amount. I've never known Smurf so lost for words before.... competitive - ha !:laugh:

You are so ******* naive!

Top 8-10 in the league budget wise?

The idiot in charge is killing YOUR club and we WILL be the next Leyton Orient unless something drastic happens.

You've given it large all year and been wrong on nearly every occasion.

I may be a gobby **** at times (passion) but I've got it right for the last 18 months. As has others.

Now, wake up or have a non league football club in 12 months.

I don't come on here for personal gain like you. I love my club. People don't like my opinion I couldn't care less. You, you're a smug WUM who loves himself more than the football club you profess to love.

Compared to Newport we are a shambles.

We've a hell of a summer ahead and quite frankly we're ******.

The idiot in charge is killing YOUR club and we WILL be the next Leyton Orient unless something drastic happens.

I may be a gobby **** at times (passion) but I've got it right for the last 18 months. As has others.

I don't come on here for personal gain like you. I love my club. People don't like my opinion I couldn't care less. You, you're a smug WUM who loves himself more than the football club you profess to love.

There is no naivity in his posts,

You hit the nail on the head with the second highlighted comment. - God knows what he thinks he will get out of it in the end - he'll be the only one with Smurf as they turn the lights out together and if that is the fame he wants......

I know by your own admission you are a 'gobby ****' but please do try to substantiate how I have come in here for the last 7 years for my own personal gain?

I don't think I was wrong about Bruno, I was second to Beechy to want him out and I certainly wasn't wrong about Brown.

Just because I don't hate everything and everyone certainly doesn't mean any of your post is correct in the slightest.

Sadly you have completely lost the argument it seems, haven't been able to substantiate your comments and you have become aggressive and personal and yet again attacked the poster not my post which you quote but don't really reference in detail. Your choice but very sad really so I will put you on ignore and debate with reasonable people who despite having differing opinions have common decency accepted by most human beings.

Try to enjoy the rest of your life.

We had a competitive budget last season and we all know how that ended up! It's not so much the budget but how it is used that is the key.

Bert, that is fine if Smurf gives Michael the same budget as the higher spending teams, then it is down to who uses it best.

But the likelihood, based on his past tricks, lies and ruses is that it is nowhere near that, and he has carefully chosen the word competitive to fool those who love the club and wish it was a good budget.

I support Brown, and trust him to use what he has got well, but if the white haired one has given him a couple of grand to get a fleet of new cars, then all he will be able to purchase is old bangers and MOT failures, not Teslas.

If Smurf is an honest man, he will tell us where in the 24 teams that budget sits. 'Competetive' is a totally meaningless term.

Archived