onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale CEO says manager is happy with playing budget

News Feed

Competitive without comparison just means.... were not going to tell you because it isnt as much as you expect and you wont be able to tell how much of smurfs mistakes he is covering himself.

When did our budget go down?... smurf said he was reducing it to oust page but then said he upped it back to what it was for bruno

Advert

What gives us the right to believe we are one of the top Clubs in Division 2?

Be realistic we start from an average position in my mind and have to earn the right to show we are one of the better Clubs.

Budget-wise we need to ensure we get in quality players not useless bench-warmers and/or numbers of less than average players.

We have no option as fans now to expect anything other than the best he can do as far as Brown's expertise in bringing in the calibre of player we crave is concerned. Good luck Michael!

The 'little Port Vale 'syndrome is alive and kicking still I see. I may be wrong but don't we as a newly relegated club still receive a L1 allowance at the beginning of the new season? That's the way it works in the Prem anyway.

We are negotiating for players, what should we say - competitive or promotion charge no expense spared? Agreed one may sell more tickets, but would it attract different players? It is up to Brown to convince players of what he is aiming for, who is signed will convince the fans, or not.

The 'little Port Vale 'syndrome is alive and kicking still I see. I may be wrong but don't we as a newly relegated club still receive a L1 allowance at the beginning of the new season? That's the way it works in the Prem anyway.
We do get a parachute payment, I have read somewhere, £50/60K or thereabouts. Supposed to cushion us against lower gates or maintain our wage budget?

I just hope that the budget is adequate enough to sustain Port Vale in L2 and not low enough to take the club into none league.

Also M.Browns management and Smurf meddling free will hopefully contribute to L2 survival.

Key players need to be kept e.g. Bikey, Smith and Foley. If so, promotion may be possible.

Use it wisely Michael, quality not quantity.

Don't see why we should know what the budget is - agents will have a good idea already and be upping the price of players. We will see how much budget Brown has by the players coming in.

As you say - can we have quality and also players that wont breakdown after a few games.

We do get a parachute payment, I have read somewhere, £50/60K or thereabouts. Supposed to cushion us against lower gates or maintain our wage budget?

Is that a parachute payment or a redistribution of the parachute payment due to Newcastle across all clubs because they bounced back at the first attempt?

if norman is still meddling in player signings we'll be lucky to survive,we will just about have enough in the kity to scavenge amongst the relegated clubs releases to cobble a team together that might just hold it's own in league 2 but I'm not hopeful as norman appears spiteful enough to write his investment off as long as long as he can rub our noses in the muck and condemn the club to a miserable future.just my opinion of course,'cos I'm just not 'appy.

How many posters have read Sam Allardyce's fine autobiography where he covers in depth the YOUNG MANAGER dilemma and the fact that a rookie boss is so desperate to get into management that he will agree to work for peanuts, work with anybody that he is told ( a big no no according to Sam. Look where it got Sinnott who had to many knives in his back that he never had a chance) and try and succeed on a paltry budget. I believe that this is the scenario that Brown is working with, though he at least picked his assistants. Good Luck Brownie I fear that you are going to need it!

We're really not a big club for League 2. All the teams who went down with us get much better crowds than us. Luton(if they stay down), Notts County, Lincoln, Grimsby and Mansfield will probably have better crowds than us on average.

Those are off the top of my head, as I just can't bring myself to look at that division in case I weep.

Mansfield averaged 3400.

Mind you, we will be well below that should Norman still be here, I honestly believe.

A tad cynical I know, but I'd rather hear directly from the manager's mouth that he's "happy with the budget." Taken at its most literal, the CEO's statement would suggest to me that Michael Brown's budget for players is going to be somewhere near the average for league Two.

Unless MB is remarkably good, persuasive (or lucky) in his negotitaions with available players, it looks more likely that we'll be building an 'average' squad and therefore more likely to be capable of mid-table and not a serious promotion-push. Hope I'm being overly pessimistic--I live in hope!

Archived