onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Sold Up?

Smallthorne Dog

My concern with Fradley, if you care to read my posts, was he has zero business experience fullstop never mind football. Big step up from managing Network rail. Yet he is going to be the club chairman?

I'm not in the business of slating people before I know who they are/what they're about.

You didn't say business experience, you said football experience. That's not a case if not reading your posts. I've literally quoted you saying it. If that's not what you meant then fine, but that's on you not me.

Advert

I've got no agenda other than the truth. It was disingenuous this morning from some posters criticising potential new directors/chairmen for a lack of 'football experience' when championing Synectics as the people to drive us forward (who to my knowledge have no 'football experience' either).

And considering another major criticism of Smurf is his truthfullnes, I find it amazing that no one has answered my very simple question directly, yet.

Like me who, again, was questionning Fradley's zero experience of running any business never mind a football club, but you keep ignoring that bit

So you'd be happy with Synectics then?

I don't know enough about them but being local, vale fans and having a successful small business is a great start.

The only real information I have seen is what is posted on here. I'm not sure it's completely trustworthy.

Like me who, again, was questionning Fradley's zero experience of running any business never mind a football club, but you keep ignoring that bit

I disagree with that considering you actually said 'football experience'

And you have spent the whole day ignoring my question so give it a rest.

He worked for Network Rail as far as I know. What business has he ever ran, a pie shop?

There is one for starters Regal Beagle. Yes I did question his football experience in my post before that but in this one I clearly ask what business has he ever been involved in, because I know he hasn't been.

I've got no agenda other than the truth. It was disingenuous this morning from some posters criticising potential new directors/chairmen for a lack of 'football experience' when championing Synectics as the people to drive us forward (who to my knowledge have no 'football experience' either).

And considering another major criticism of Smurf is his truthfullnes, I find it amazing that no one has answered my very simple question directly, yet.

Well, if you do not have the skills either yourself or within your business, as with jobs around the house, you employ some who does or you seek advice. Does Smurf? Does he act on advice? Will that change? That is one purpose of bringing directors/investors in, people with different skills as well as money. My preference would be someone, ideally local, who has built a successful business requiring a wide range of skills, especially customer relations.

I don't know enough about them but being local, vale fans and having a successful small business is a great start.

The only real information I have seen is what is posted on here. I'm not sure it's completely trustworthy.

Employing over 300 staff, turnover of circa £15 million, profitable etc. I wouldn't call that a small business.

Jesus wept, are people still arguing firstly with thecharlatans and a secondly a guy who blindly supported V2001 and now smurf and who's screen name was designed as a wind up during the v2001 farce.

If that is me you are talking about then screen name yes, blindly supported v2001 no, blindly supporting Smurf no.

1 out of 3 isn't bad.

I want the best person for the job which in my opinion would be a combination of business acumen, wealth, common sense, passion/objectivity amongst other traits.

Anyone with common sense wouldn't be owning a League 2 football club.

Check them out yourself then mate, starting here: http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/the-sentinel-2017-business-awards-a-word-from-the-winners/story-30246473-detail/story.html

Archived