onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite Sold Up?

Smallthorne Dog

Advert

I just asked if they had the cash to fund what was needed. I agree that the club needs to generate the most cash possible, but some might argue we need more than that. How do Fleetwood and Burton survive on their fan base?

As regards Normid, did they buy that with cash? Either way, it does not affect their P&L too much, other than with interest and depreciation.

I'm all for a local owner like that, as I know you are, but doesn't stop us asking questions.

I think they borrowed some of the money Tone. If you read the notes to the accounts they explain that they amalgamated all their 300 plus staff from around 9 different locations (off the top of my head) into the old Normid building, that incurred a lot of expenditure which reduced profitability. I think they state in the directors comments that these one off costs will not be repeated and profitability will increase to previous levels. Questions are good, people not willing to accept some of the answers isn't (not you by the way).

Not sure how you can say that given the respective wealth and success of the individuals concerned and their companies. Clearly the chairman can't pick a football manager for toffee' date=' no-one fails 3 times and can claim victory on that but that's not to say he hasn't and hasn't done it more regularly in his other businesses than your friends.[/quote']

Which other businesses would they be?

With all due respect, has relegation come as some sort of surprise? Because it certainly hasn't to me. If I was Smurf, I'd have been prepared and been ready, on the final whistle yesterday, to go with Plan A or Plan B. Oh wait....

Well no but that doesn't change the fact that we were one goal away from staying up.

What is gained from immediately releasing players within 24 hours of our fate being sealed? Chesterfield have had a 2/3 week headstart on us.

Feel free to criticise Smurf but I don't see your point on this one.

They support the Vale. They have witnessed first hand how not to run it, they run a first class customer focussed business and have some very big name customers. I don't care if they have experience of running a football club, who does before they own one, but I doubt very much they would employ one person with no idea to try and do everything at the club. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about them, what are you scared of, that they take over and actually run us properly and achieve some success?

Interesting that you think I have a bee in my bonnet about Synectics purely because I've asked a simple question.

I'll almost certainly back whoever our next owners are and I really do hope that Synectics are the people you think they are. If they do end up buying the club then I'll support the team exactly the same as I support them now.

I have, that's why I'm asking. I can see no evidence of the sort of cash we are told he has. What am I missing?

That lists his companies, clearly he keeps his money in other locations.

My boss is a multi-multi-millionaire, if you view him on companies house the untrained eye would indicate he's poorer than !

That lists his companies, clearly he keeps his money in other locations.

My boss is a multi-multi-millionaire, if you view him on companies house the untrained eye would indicate he's poorer than !

So in that case when everyone says synectics dont have money and then they quote companies house,the owners themselves could be multi millionares for all we know? not saying they are or aren't by the way

Bit of a cheap shot :laugh:

Interesting how all this 'evidence' is easily found yet no one has still been able to (seriously) answer my question - Do the people behind synectics have any football experience?

Why don't you want to answer that question?

"Do the people behind synectics have any football experience?", I'm open minded to whomever ends up owning the Vale but I would suggest the people at Synestics have sufficient football experience not to appoint a manager with such an awful cv, allow him to bring in so many dross players from overseas, not to get involved with Norwegian conmen and a "Technical Director" called Mousallait with a PhD in outdoor doodling and be interested in a Boston Hedge Fund that supposedly has to borrow money to purchase PVFC.. etc, etc, etc. This is the stuff of a Hollywood farce.

Well no but that doesn't change the fact that we were one goal away from staying up.

What is gained from immediately releasing players within 24 hours of our fate being sealed? Chesterfield have had a 2/3 week headstart on us.

Feel free to criticise Smurf but I don't see your point on this one.

The point is, there must be a list of targets drawn up ready so we can move quickly. The squad gets time to gell and everyone gets a proper pre-season behind them, apparently one of the main reasons we were so sh!te this year. Otherwise - as in previous seasons - we dilly-dally around and get left with all the unemployed dross again.

So, the first point needing addressing ASAP is the managerial situation I would suggest.

Archived