onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Totally Uncalled for Porky on Walsall vs PVFC Match Thread

Paul6754

Brown says we only need a point in his interview. Which league is he looking at?

The above comment was posted pre-match on the Walsall vs PVFC match thread which led to numerous derogatory comments about MB and his tactics for the game. I listened to MB's post Bolton match interview withe Lee Blakeman and he said nothing of the sort, in fact he said the very opposite. He said, "We have to win the game at Walsall, we believe we can win there, we've got to win the game in front of us."

I realize opinions on MB are divided but at least keep comments/posts factual and honest, the people making these comments and joining in the "mob behavior" should hold their heads in shame.

Advert

I suppose there are lies and fake news nowadays, people tend to jump on a comment. BBC sport gave it correct, that we had to win. Relying on fluke scores when a win is achievable would be ridiculous, but nowadays people believe anything if it suits.

Now isn't the time for slagging the manager. Last night proved once again how much we need 2 new strikers. The widemen did their jobs but mostly crossing to no one.

It makes me for one realise what a rubbish hand Brown was dealt and if the talk is true of the owner trying to offer two strikers that Brown was desperate to bring in in January a less offer than originally agreed. Then once again the mess is entirely down to him and him alone.

Now isn't the time for slagging the manager. Last night proved once again how much we need 2 new strikers. The widemen did their jobs but mostly crossing to no one.

It makes me for one realise what a rubbish hand Brown was dealt and if the talk is true of the owner trying to offer two strikers that Brown was desperate to bring in in January a less offer than originally agreed. Then once again the mess is entirely down to him and him alone.

Spot on there Old Sage the man needs all the support we can give him with the hand he has been dealt.Knobheads:angry:

Spot on there Old Sage the man needs all the support we can give him with the hand he has been dealt.Knobheads:angry:

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

I could understand you defending Brown if he had only been here for a short time.

He took over on Boxing Day when we were 6 points clear of relegation.He added to the problems in the dressing room by sending the foreign players to Coventry to play young kids who have little or no experience.Surely it was up to him to persuade Norman to open his sweetie jar to bring in a new striker.

Instead he dithered and missed out on his targets then panicked and had to sign poor players at the end of the transfer window.Some of the players he bought in were worse than existing players but he continued to play them.

We needed a striker and he bought in a goalie and midfielder.

You are the ******** for defending Brown who has had plenty of time to improve results.

I could understand you defending Brown if he had only been here for a short time.

He took over on Boxing Day when we were 6 points clear of relegation.He added to the problems in the dressing room by sending the foreign players to Coventry to play young kids who have little or no experience.Surely it was up to him to persuade Norman to open his sweetie jar to bring in a new striker.

Instead he dithered and missed out on his targets then panicked and had to sign poor players at the end of the transfer window.Some of the players he bought in were worse than existing players but he continued to play them.

You are the ******** for defending Brown who has had plenty of time to improve results.

My opinium mate you have yours I will have mine maybe you need think out of the box a bit and see the hand he was dealt or you are blind to the problems he had to get players in.:doh:

And yes I will defend him.

Wrong thread Owd.There will be a few threads to your liking on

Beardyman's Big Bury Board or Blue and Amber.:wink:

One question as you seem so pre-occupied with 'my boys' and it is, would we be in this mess if those two were still wearing the Vale's colours?

Brown lost Alnwick,Jones and Grant from the Squad. Streete has been either injured or playing with an injury since January.We have had long term injuries to Thomas , Guy, Walker, Shopido, De Freitas, Knops and Bikey has come in not fully fit and picked up an injury. Add to that there were players that Brown wanted who Snmurf wouldnt sanction and others who wouldnt come probably because of Smurf and its easy to see why Brown has had a very difficult job. I doubt the best managers in the land would have done any better given the same circumstances. Its easy to look at statistics but they don't tell the whole story.

Brown lost Alnwick,Jones and Grant from the Squad. Streete has been either injured or playing with an injury since January.We have had long term injuries to Thomas , Guy, Walker, Shopido, De Freitas, Knops and Bikey has come in not fully fit and picked up an injury. Add to that there were players that Brown wanted who Snmurf wouldnt sanction and others who wouldnt come probably because of Smurf and its easy to see why Brown has had a very difficult job. I doubt the best managers in the land would have done any better given the same circumstances. Its easy to look at statistics but they don't tell the whole story.

No but the horrible tactics, performances and substitutions help to tell the story. The stats are dreadful as well....

He took over on Boxing Day when we were 6 points clear of relegation.He added to the problems in the dressing room by sending the foreign players to Coventry to play young kids who have little or no experience.

Yet the foreign players also have little or no experience either, with the exception of Knopps and Tavares.

Surely it was up to him to persuade Norman to open his sweetie jar to bring in a new striker. Instead he dithered and missed out on his targets then panicked and had to sign poor players at the end of the transfer window. Some of the players he bought in were worse than existing players but he continued to play them.

And how do you know he wasn't busy working throughout Jan trying to identify and bring in targets? If players don't want to sign or players want to leave then theres nothing he can do about that. Anyone with common sense can see he was left with an unbalanced squad to try and sort out, that was evident even when we were somehow getting results earlier in the season.

You are right, people don't look at the true picture even when presented with the facts.:ohmy:

No but the horrible tactics, performances and substitutions help to tell the story. The stats are dreadful as well....

Yes but those were a sympton of what happened to the squad from the start of the year. If we hadnt lost most of our decent players the tactics, performances, substitutions and stats wouldnt have been bad.

Archived