Iron Curtain

Another poor Smurf decision

I'm not sure yet Norman has got any of his decisions right, certainly since he was on his own, all his decisions have been awful. He is solely to blame.

That being said, Bruno managed us for 23 league games and we got 27 pts. Brown has done 18 games and got 18 points.

The players don't care. Why should they?...Its a job to them, thats it...They know the writing is on the wall for us going down. It doesnt affect them one bit. Its us poor fuckers footing the bill.

No doubt the players are having a nice chiense takeaway this evening, while feeling sorry (but not that sorry) for themselves.

Remember gents- its a short career. Your studs will last longer

Edited by Platty's Tassels

Today I sat there listening to our lot huff and puff and it was clear as day we were never going to score a goal if we played until midnight. I didn't go because I aren't a masochist, I don't like inflicting pain on myself and knew that we would lose again. At least at home I could shout and rant without fear of being arrested The fact is that we haven't got a decent forward amongst Forrester, Cecilia or Hooper to be blunt they all play like big girls blouses and couldn't win an argument.

Really though all the blame can be apportioned to just one person as there is only one reason for our predicament and it is the bloke who owns the club. The man hasn't got a clue of how football works and he thinks that a rookie manager can get to the Championship paying players £200 a week and without him putting his hand in his own pocket. I hope when Brown is relieved of his duties as he surely will be in a couple of weeks time that he tells the 'over sized ego' a few home truths.

Today we conceded the goal simply because our frontmen are so inept that defenders like Smithie have to go up for corner kicks leaving us wide open at the back and even a rubbish team like Chesterfield won't let an opportunity like that pass them by. Every manager in the league must know that all they have to do when playing against us is defend the corner then welly the ball up the field and run through our shred bare rearguard.

When I think back to how our fool of an owner rubbished Popey and boasted that he could get better for less. What a feeking joke that was because we are still waiting you uneducated idiot.

What did you allow us to bring in a few rejected journeymen who don't know the meaning of loyalty and a string of loanees who don't give a jot about this club which means so much to the fans but slowly and surely the buffoon of an owner has driven many of them away and relegation will surely drive even more to desert the sinking ship.

Edited by old sage

Totally agree, I could not put myself through that sh-te today either.

It will kick off I'm afraid if we get a mauling from Sheff Utd, folk pure and simply are sick of the crap.

Where has Norman crawled to? He needs to man up, face the music. Perhaps the fans will make the decision for him next week?

I did not think we could get lower than the more recent Valaint 2000 capers but I was wrong.

You STILL try to defend Smurf even when he gives Brown an army with water pistols to fight Cruise missiles ? Your posts are just beyond a joke after this result, and the worst thing is that you are trying to deflect the real blame. Shameful, absolutely shameful.

Have you been in his new car yet ?

Where did I defend him? 😂

Here is a tip read people's posts before you try to respond.

Today I sat there listening to our lot huff and puff and it was clear as day we were never going to score a goal if we played until midnight. I didn't go because I aren't a masochist, I don't like inflicting pain on myself and knew that we would lose again. At least at home I could shout and rant without fear of being arrested The fact is that we haven't got a decent forward amongst Forrester, Cecilia or Hooper to be blunt they all play like big girls blouses and couldn't win an argument.

Really though all the blame can be apportioned to just one person as there is only one reason for our predicament and it is the bloke who owns the club. The man hasn't got a clue of how football works and he thinks that a rookie manager can get to the Championship paying players £200 a week and without him putting his hand in his own pocket. I hope when Brown is relieved of his duties as he surely will be in a couple of weeks time that he tells the 'over sized ego' a few home truths.

Today we conceded the goal simply because our frontmen are so inept that defenders like Smithie have to go up for corner kicks leaving us wide open at the back and even a rubbish team like Chesterfield won't let an opportunity like that pass them by. Every manager in the league must know that all they have to do when playing against us is defend the corner then welly the ball up the field and run through our shred bare rearguard.

When I think back to how our fool of an owner rubbished Popey and boasted that he could get better for less. What a feeking joke that was because we are still waiting you uneducated idiot.

What did you allow us to bring in a few rejected journeymen who don't know the meaning of loyalty and a string of loanees who don't give a jot about this club which means so much to the fans but slowly and surely the buffoon of an owner has driven many of them away and relegation will surely drive even more to desert the sinking ship.

To be honest whilst I was disgusted by a number of 'professional' 'players' attitudes today it was a classic repeat of the Danny Pugh sending off on Tuesday. Our attack followed by crap old slow players being completely exposed 1 on 1. I wouldn't play any of the players (Smith or Eagles aside) in my own urine today. The three man tactically clueless management team and the rest of those cowards need putting on a burning ship and sending out to sea.

I didn't think anything could beat Coventry away for abysmal performances, I was wrong.

The players and the management were shameful.

Edited by Robbie Earle's Perm

Totally agree, I could not put myself through that sh-te today either.

It will kick off I'm afraid if we get a mauling from Sheff Utd, folk pure and simply are sick of the crap.

Where has Norman crawled to? He needs to man up, face the music. Perhaps the fans will make the decision for him next week?

I did not think we could get lower than the more recent Valaint 2000 capers but I was wrong.

I bet the wastrel was at Wembley last week cheering on his favourites the Sky Blues. I wish he would stay down there and never come back.

To be honest whilst I was disgusted by a number of 'professional' 'players' attitudes today it was a classic repeat of the Danny Pugh sending off on Tuesday. Our attack followed by crap old slow players being completely exposed 1 on 1. I wouldn't play any of the players (Smith or Eagles aside) in my own urine today. The three man tactically clueless management team and the rest of those cowards need putting on a burning ship and sending out to sea.

I didn't think anything could beat Coventry away for abysmal performances, I was wrong.

Thenplayers and the management were shameful.

Saw what you did there...........Typical Smurfette answer to Old Sages post, BLAME everyone but Smurthwaite.

Saw what you did there...........Typical Smurfette answer to Old Sages post, BLAME everyone but Smurthwaite.

Again today was not about Smurthwaite. Blame him for his three crap manager appointments but today was about people embarrasing the Vale shirt.

The players knew that and clearly didn't care (2 aside).

Again today was not about Smurthwaite. Blame him for his three crap manager appointments but today was about people embarrasing the Vale shirt.

The players knew that and clearly didn't care (2 aside).

You CANNOT blame players for lack of ability,its not there fault they are hopeless, what you can do though is blame the clown (Smurthwaite) for the poor decisions that lead to these kind of players being employed in the first place.

And as for Page,what I would give for his league position last season,and we only got battered by Walsall last game due to Smurthwaites "contract" discussions.

Edited by blackdog

Old Sage if Mr Big gets rid of Browny what calamity would be around the corner to replace him it does not bear thinking about:sad:

I'm not sure yet Norman has got any of his decisions right, certainly since he was on his own, all his decisions have been awful. He is solely to blame.

That being said, Bruno managed us for 23 league games and we got 27 pts. Brown has done 18 games and got 18 points.

Bruno got 10 points in his last 13 games. Brown has actually improved on that! Today was woeful. I said at half time that both managers would be in their respective dressing rooms saying "Come on lads, there's nowt to beat here". Sadly their boss was correct.

Nathan Smith was head and shoulders above anyone else in our team. I feel so sorry for the lad that he has to put up with some of the dross around him.

I blame Jose for this mess, had smurf not taken the phone call, there would never have been Bruno or the even worse tactical inept Michael Brown, I still believe we would not have been in this mess had Bruno stopped, Brown clearly wanted Bruno out, shades of Glover with Sinnott

I don't blame Jose because as a football club we should have performed more due diligence than that.

With the exception of Hooper and Taylor, I don't think any of the players showed a lack of effort. It was more a lack of ability. The blame lies mainly with whoever recruited this squad.

Old Sage if Mr Big gets rid of Browny what calamity would be around the corner to replace him it does not bear thinking about:sad:
Whether we keep hold of Brown or not doesn't particularly matter. It's the stupid man who owns the shambles who is the problem. There quite simply isn't a decent manager in the country who would work with our present owner.

Whether we keep hold of Brown or not doesn't particularly matter. It's the stupid man who owns the shambles who is the problem. There quite simply isn't a decent manager in the country who would work with our present owner.

Be very careful what you wish for