onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Another poor Smurf decision

Iron Curtain

Advert

Like any purchase the value is only what a Buyer is prepared to pay not what the seller is asking for. It's the sellers decision if they think it's acceptable.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

I think it's you that does not understand

Thanks for clarifying the situation at Vale park.

Based on your statements you have persuaded me to keep my money in me pocket and not have a season ticket for the first time in 18 years.

I think it's you that does not understand

Do you mean "asking price"

Do you understand the difference between somethings "value" and it's "asking price"

If I ask you to pay me £100 for a can of coke then the asking price is £100. It's VALUE IS 50p

I fully understand that norman can ask what he wants for the club. But that doesn't make it the clubs value.

As I have been saying from the beginning ... the worry I have is that Norman's "asking price" is waaaaaaaaay higher than the "value" of the club.

And because of this no one will buy it because he is deluded and think he can get his losses back.

On the current trajectory... he can not.

Not sure nonsense, maybe you need to look a bit deeper

I've looked deep enough and found a failing business that is losing considerable sums of money each year. It's net value is considerably less than it was under V2001 because it has no fixed assets of any real value, ie the ground.

I've looked deep enough and found a failing business that is losing considerable sums of money each year. It's net value is considerably less than it was under V2001 because it has no fixed assets of any real value, ie the ground.

A failing business, the same business that one man keeps afloat, if Norman chooses to waste his money keeping it a float then so be it, I don't recall any HMRC winding orders been issued (apart from some ludicrous one 2 years ago) the players and suppliers not getting paid ? I think Norman needs thanking not hounding out, yes made mistakes, mistakes I may add that are costing him a personal fortune!

If I was a prospective buyer, I would have an independent valuation of the ground done, offer that price to Norman and add a quid on to take the football club off his hands as well. That way, he would get a fair bit of his money back and stop having to pour money down the drain from his own pocket.

A failing business, the same business that one man keeps afloat, if Norman chooses to waste his money keeping it a float then so be it, I don't recall any HMRC winding orders been issued (apart from some ludicrous one 2 years ago) the players and suppliers not getting paid ? I think Norman needs thanking not hounding out, yes made mistakes, mistakes I may add that are costing him a personal fortune!

The fact that Norman is having to pour money into the club surely proves it is a failing business?

Do you mean "asking price"

Do you understand the difference between somethings "value" and it's "asking price"

If I ask you to pay me £100 for a can of coke then the asking price is £100. It's VALUE IS 50p

I fully understand that norman can ask what he wants for the club. But that doesn't make it the clubs value.

As I have been saying from the beginning ... the worry I have is that Norman's "asking price" is waaaaaaaaay higher than the "value" of the club.

And because of this no one will buy it because he is deluded and think he can get his losses back.

On the current trajectory... he can not.

I don't think Norman is strigglung enough to put food on the table, if he chooses to put a ridiculous asking price for Port Vale that's his choice, if he wants to hang on in th vain hope he will get his money back then it's only costing him personally. The bad decision regarding the managerial situation Norman has to take full responsibility for

I think I understand your point of view.

You are happy to watch the vale crash and burn under the stewardship of a bloke that doesn't know what he is doing. You are willing to watch this unfold because he is putting his own money in (as loans)

I and many others are not happy. I love the club too much.

I don't think Norman is strigglung enough to put food on the table, if he chooses to put a ridiculous asking price for Port Vale that's his choice, if he wants to hang on in th vain hope he will get his money back then it's only costing him personally. The bad decision regarding the managerial situation Norman has to take full responsibility for

As above... I'm not happy to watch him try and correct his own mistakes whilst jeopardising the club I love.

You are... and that's your opinion. I disagree with it.

If I was a prospective buyer, I would have an independent valuation of the ground done, offer that price to Norman and add a quid on to take the football club off his hands as well. That way, he would get a fair bit of his money back and stop having to pour money down the drain from his own pocket.

Jean Norman has assets of over 75 million, he is not hard up enough to take a loss, I agree with what your saying but Norman does not need the money, since the Bosman ruling came into play Port vale have been failing year after year

As above... I'm not happy to watch him try and correct his own mistakes whilst jeopardising the club I love.

You are... and that's your opinion. I disagree with it.

If Port Vale stop up and it's looking more difficult after today, Norman has done on large a good job he found the club in the basement division and had a few decent seasons back in the 3rd division

I think I understand your point of view.

You are happy to watch the vale crash and burn under the stewardship of a bloke that doesn't know what he is doing. You are willing to watch this unfold because he is putting his own money in (as loans)

I and many others are not happy. I love the club too much.

What's the alternative and please not synetics they don't have the money ?

If Port Vale stop up and it's looking more difficult after today, Norman has done on large a good job he found the club in the basement division and had a few decent seasons back in the 3rd division

"On large a good job" ... are you serious?

He took over a club on the way up anyway.

We got less points per game in our promotion season after he took over than before.

He then got annoyed after the Exeter game and since losing his head at that point has preceded to make bad decision after bad decision after bad decision!!!!

Archived