onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Buying Season Tickets only feeds our owner

old sage

I am wholeheartedly sick of how our Club is being mismanaged by a bloke who has no love for Port Vale.

I heard fans pledging to renew their tickets for next season which though admirable will only encourage the present owner to continue with his policy of lowering the budget.

I make no bones about it that I think Port Vale's present owner is on a mission to take us into oblivion. Whether this is deliberate or not I aren't completely sure but the man has proved time after time that he is unable to run a football league club.

I'm sorry but I shall not be renewing my ticket until this chancer that we are currently lumbered with leaves Vale Park for good.

Every season that goes by he adds the current loses on to the asking price. Does he not realise he will never ever get his money back this way.

Please, please cut your loses and sell up to someone who is a genuine Port Vale supporter because it is looking ever more likely that you will be remembered as the misguided fool who took us into oblivion.

I know some will question my support but I can assure you that I love the club that I have supported for nearly sixty years but the current situation is for me unbearable and I don't want to watch our proud club sink into the depths or even worse out of the league.

Advert

Sorry that you feel this way but what will boycotting achieve realistically?
It is unfortunately the only way that our owner will do the honourable thing and depart from the club. The last lot actually admitted that the 'starve em out' campaign was the thing that hurt them the most of all. Protesting achieves very little but hitting him to his pocket will surely make the man realise that his rotten tenure is over.

Boycotting may hurt NS a little, but the club will suffer more. There will always be a hardcore of supporters that would turn up even if Adolf Hitler was in charge. It's their life...

NS will just review the outgoings in relation to the income. The budget reduces further, redundancies, cut backs and the club runs on a shoestring while he retreats to the sun, until the time comes to call in his investment.

The only way is if somehow he decided to do the honourable thing and cut his losses, put the club for sale at a realistic price and sell to a suitable party. Unfortunately it's like it, lump it or slump it

The separation of club and ground, the self-admitted admiration for the oystons, the budget cuts, the whole Bruno experiment, the constant depletion of any discernible quality in the playing staff, the complete lack of any visible PR/marketing...lets face it people, we're absolutely Frank Bucked!:smurf:

Don't buy a season ticket and don't go to the games this season anymore.Smurf won't have to take us to oblivion,you'll be doing it for him.

How do you propose to get rid of him then? I always go to the games but there is more atmosphere on the moon than at VP and it is just doom and gloom on everyone's faces. Smurthwaite has to go.

I am wholeheartedly sick of how our Club is being mismanaged by a bloke who has no love for Port Vale.

I heard fans pledging to renew their tickets for next season which though admirable will only encourage the present owner to continue with his policy of lowering the budget.

I make no bones about it that I think Port Vale's present owner is on a mission to take us into oblivion. Whether this is deliberate or not I aren't completely sure but the man has proved time after time that he is unable to run a football league club.

I'm sorry but I shall not be renewing my ticket until this chancer that we are currently lumbered with leaves Vale Park for good.

Every season that goes by he adds the current loses on to the asking price. Does he not realise he will never ever get his money back this way.

Please, please cut your loses and sell up to someone who is a genuine Port Vale supporter because it is looking ever more likely that you will be remembered as the misguided fool who took us into oblivion.

I know some will question my support but I can assure you that I love the club that I have supported for nearly sixty years but the current situation is for me unbearable and I don't want to watch our proud club sink into the depths or even worse out of the league.

Sad really is that the club we all love has its existance threatened by posts like this. I agree that Smurtwaite appears to be responsible for our demise however i can not agree starving the club of funds is the answer. We have been here before and of the people who did this previously how many have returned. Sorry state of affairs protest by all means but starve the club NO.

Thought we did better today than in other games but I can't see where the points are now going to come from in the remaing games to achieve the 50 point mark.

Smurf needs to either, seek investment and sell some of his shareholding (but finding someone willing to work with him is easier said than done!) or sell the club. Problem is that his value of the club includes the money has put in for wages which in his words he reckons he is "propping the club up" but in reality this is what every football league chairman does knowing that they won't see the money again. This means that he is in a situation where he wants too much for it and unfortunately he will never be able sell it, whether this is on purpose or not, only he knows.

In a nutshell he has brought a car that is worth £5000 and is expecting to get the money he has paid out for the day to day running costs (insurance, fuel & tax) back when he comes to sells it. So he now value's the car at £6500 whereas everyone else's valuation is still £5000.

Smurf gambled at the beginning of the season and it didn't pay off and although he said he had a plan 'B' it's obvious he actually didn't. Now he's just putting his head in the sand hoping that Brown can sort it out.

You only have to look 15 miles down the road at Crewe to see what should have been done. They sacked Steve Davis but within a week David Artell was appointed and they've turned a corner, but 2 months on after Bruno went, Smurf has yet to make a decision or an announcement, so if we the fans, the media, the manager and players don't know properly what the position and structure is then how can we possibly move on and build for the future?

Smurf's management is the only reason that our season has totally fallen apart, but he is also the only one who can do something about it, but with no proper foundations or structure we are just peeing in the wind.

Starving the club will not get him out. I'm convinced.

I said it a year ago that he has a plan and an agenda.

If the money doesn't come in then he will simply run the club to the money we have. So lower ST sales will see the club run on a level with even worse players.

We will then sink down the leagues whilst all the while he owns the ground.

He has put money in as directors loans and wants it back, so he is asking for around 6 million for the club. Nobody will pay that. So he just runs it with what's coming in and not giving two hoots where the football club is going or ends up.

Then the club goes bust but he owns the stadium and a nice bit of land.

He's not stupid. I've said it before that these are the two end game scenarios.

I got ridiculed by everyone for stating it 12 months ago. Doesn't look so far fetched now, does it?

Sad really is that the club we all love has its existance threatened by posts like this. I agree that Smurtwaite appears to be responsible for our demise however i can not agree starving the club of funds is the answer. We have been here before and of the people who did this previously how many have returned. Sorry state of affairs protest by all means but starve the club NO.

Absolutely correct we should be supporting our club!! It's not about Norman Smurthwaite it's about Port Vale. How do we make the vale a desirable club with no fans and on the verge of oblivion.

Get behind the club and let's show any potential buyer what heart the club has!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived