onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Potential Buyers

boslemportvale91

Advert

On the topic of potential buyers, the naysayers who tell you that there isn't anyone out there, who would buy us, blah blah blah, only have to watch sky sports 1 right now. Bournemouth are a prime example. They were in deeper mire than us and look where they are now.

I've never thought we were a smaller club or a worst proposition than Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull, Wigan. There were buyers out there for them, who made their clubs successful and got them to the promised land. Why not us?

We are in a relegation battle like it or not!! all i,m saying is the games where we need a result can be exciting yes i'd sooner that than stuck in midtable with nothing to play for and not many fans turning up for meaningless games, I can bet we get more fans in for a relegation battle than a meaningless run in.

Dont get me wrong I also would sooner be battling for promotion too but to coin a phrase 'we are where we are'!!

Let me get this right.

You are now rolling out the so called positives of being in a relegation fight.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any more delusional or back the owner anymore than you already do.

Jesus wept.

On the topic of potential buyers, the naysayers who tell you that there isn't anyone out there, who would buy us, blah blah blah, only have to watch sky sports 1 right now. Bournemouth are a prime example. They were in deeper mire than us and look where they are now.

I've never thought we were a smaller club or a worst proposition than Bournemouth, Swansea, Hull, Wigan. There were buyers out there for them, who made their clubs successful and got them to the promised land. Why not us?

Just need to find local fans with a billion, or multi millions at their disposal, a council to build stadiums with sharing partners. Bournemouth were in deep mire because of point deductions due to financial irregularities, always on a par with us.

Just need to find local fans with a billion, or multi millions at their disposal, a council to build stadiums with sharing partners. Bournemouth were in deep mire because of point deductions due to financial irregularities, always on a par with us.

Point being, it can happen! Failing that, run the club properly with a clear plan and stability. Burton Albion.

How I feel though is that he won't sell to anyone anyway and that we will never have any sustained stability under him because he isn't stable himself.

Point being, it can happen! Failing that, run the club properly with a clear plan and stability. Burton Albion.

How I feel though is that he won't sell to anyone anyway and that we will never have any sustained stability under him because he isn't stable himself.

Mr Trumpet.....Serious question, do you find the lack of a plan going forward and the lack of stability makes you question your love for The Vale and your enthusiasm to turn up at Vale Park.

It does me.....I'm ashamed to say.

Overall average attendances aren't convincing Smurfs supporters, so look up the average net home attendance. At the moment it's approx 4050. Last seasons away followings at Vale are listed on the EFL site somewhere, deduct that from the overall average for the last few seasons to get the trend. No time do it now but can tomorrow. Pretty sure they'll show the decline in home fans over time. Somehow it won't be Smurfs fault, even when away fans are taken from the argument.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

A statement of intent from Smurf would go a long way to appeasing supporters, such as that dialogue has been opened with Streete to discuss an extension to his contract, that would mean there was a plan for the future.

We all know though that the club is run on the basics, so Streetes contract will be run down,and his replacement will be a kid or an injured journeyman

Exactly........and I didn't see it myself but apparently there was mention in one of yesterday's Sunday papers that we are after a Morecambe centre-back, named Edwards.

My first thought on hearing it was that he'll be a candidate as the (cheap) replacement for Streete, who'll be let go so as to reduce the wage bill even further.

Bournemouth are a prime example. They were in deeper mire than us and look where they are now.

On the subject of Bournemouth, because we don't have one of the most exclusive areas outside of London on our doorstep with multi-millionaire Russians living there. On the subject of Hull, are you kidding?! Their owner is more hated than Smurf, Bill Bratt and Peter Jackson put together!

Stoke-on-Trent isn't exactly a big attraction for multi-millionaires who want to buy a football club. We're a deprived city with no history at the top level and competing against a bigger team in the same city. I wish it wasn't the case but at this moment in time we're not an attractive proposition towards the big players.

Exactly........and I didn't see it myself but apparently there was mention in one of yesterday's Sunday papers that we are after a Morecambe centre-back, named Edwards.

My first thought on hearing it was that he'll be a candidate as the (cheap) replacement for Streete, who'll be let go so as to reduce the wage bill even further.

It was the same journalist that claimed we were signing that Iranian keeper.

Mr Trumpet.....Serious question, do you find the lack of a plan going forward and the lack of stability makes you question your love for The Vale and your enthusiasm to turn up at Vale Park.

It does me.....I'm ashamed to say.

My love for the club never changes. It's why I maybe go a bit too far on here sometimes. It's a release i need to get off my chest.

Living away it's hard to get to a lot of games anyway but I must admit that normally I'm coming over for a February game or two, having last been there during the Christmas period.

Unfortunately I can't justify it at the moment. Going to Vale Park is a chore. A huge chore.

What people like carpetman can't understand or see, whilst he's cosy in the directors lounge, is that the terraces are a dump. I'm a paddock lad and unlike those who go every game, I can see massive deterioration every time I go because of the timescale.

There is a lack of identity within the team. Fans cannot identify with the players because of the ridiculous ins and outs. The atmosphere is dull. There is a huge depression amongst the place. Which makes Carpetmans remark about a handful of negative comments being the reason that attendances are down, all the more ridiculous.

I sense fans are turning up because they feel it's their duty. The ones that haven't walked already, anyway.

We aren't a club who can rely on the statement "just go and support the lads". The owner needs to build buzz. He needs to show he can run a football club. Have a plan. Have stability.

Some say he had a plan with Bruno but after employing him stated he has a plan b by Xmas if we aren't in top six. That's not a stable outlook.

I know supporters of 50 years who don't go every game like they used to. They've had enough.

What Carpetman and the likes cannot grasp is it's all down to one man.

Not supporters.

Not managers.

Not players.

But the man who makes the big decisions. The man we have to trust. The man who runs the gaff. Sadly I think there is no hope for us whilst he is in charge and I dare say others have walked away because of the same feeling.

Why pay 23 quid to be depressed on a Saturday afternoon!

The club is in a huge mess and whilst my love for Vale will never leave, I just don't like them very much at the minute.

Overall average attendances aren't convincing Smurfs supporters, so look up the average net home attendance. At the moment it's approx 4050. Last seasons away followings at Vale are listed on the EFL site somewhere, deduct that from the overall average for the last few seasons to get the trend. No time do it now but can tomorrow. Pretty sure they'll show the decline in home fans over time. Somehow it won't be Smurfs fault, even when away fans are taken from the argument.

Sent from my D6603 using the onevalefan mobile app

I'm not sure ALL the decline in attendances is the fault of the chairman.

This is now our 4th season of Third Division football, which is where we've spent the overwhelming majority of our time as a club.

It's inevitable that interest tails off, and don't underestimate the novelty of our first promotion in 20 years combined with those cracking Wolves and Coventry occasions we had to look forward to when we went up.

The "lads" element of our support seems to still be there for big (new) away-days like Bolton, but no doubt our home support is bottoming out. Our support has ALWAYS been rather fair-weather, so if anyone thinks that if Smurf left we'd have thousands flocking back then they're misguided.

I am nonetheless VERY concerned not just by the poor attendances but the awful lack of atmosphere at home and away games. Like it or not, the decision to put away fans so far away has comprehensively killed off what little noise we had going. To my mind, this has made the matchdays a sterile affair.

I hope that Colin Garlick has the vision to formulate a sustained drive to fill by any means necessary the 14,000 empty seats at home games.

My experiences over the last three years suggest this is highly unlikely to happen.

On the subject of Bournemouth, because we don't have one of the most exclusive areas outside of London on our doorstep with multi-millionaire Russians living there. On the subject of Hull, are you kidding?! Their owner is more hated than Smurf, Bill Bratt and Peter Jackson put together!

Stoke-on-Trent isn't exactly a big attraction for multi-millionaires who want to buy a football club. We're a deprived city with no history at the top level and competing against a bigger team in the same city. I wish it wasn't the case but at this moment in time we're not an attractive proposition towards the big players.

Hull can hate their owners. They need to think back to the days at Boothferry park! Short memories. They are in the big time!

Stoke isn't a big attraction for multi millionaires wanting to buy a football club? Our neighbours have done ok!

Attractive proposition? Not the most. But I can see potential. Look at where Wigan were when Whelan came in! 1500 crowds. Dump of a stadium.

I find it absolutely astounding, and I don't necessarily mean you, but the same people who have a pop at me and the likes for being "negative" about all things vale, get all defensive and "negative" themselves when we talk about wanting better for the club and maybe one day getting owners who can actually take this great club forward, in telling us there's nobody out there, we are where we are, etc etc.

Archived