onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The "£4.6m" training ground

Twitters

Advert

So I'm not the only one that's read the article how I have? VH and REP have both said the same which is good to know. Guess it just highlights how poor the Sentinel writers are that it's caused this row!

No; the 'Row' was caused by you getting on your soap box and proclaiming that B&G had "Messed Up". Don't try and wriggle out of it.

There seems to be a bit of a misunderstanding from many on here that Blue Sky were giving Vale £4.6m towards a training ground, and quoting the Sentinel to back that up. However, there's a misunderstanding of what the Sentinel says:

So the £4.6m is not going on just CW, it's also going to complete the stand, and other commerical deals too.

That sounds a lot better than many are making out, and would help Vale in the long run.

That was from last nights sentinel did you see the previous nights article which did state 4.6m to renovate chatterley Whitfield , either way finishing that stand won't help us and especially if the terms include commission or rents payable to bluesky....

That was from last nights sentinel did you see the previous nights article which did state 4.6m to renovate chatterley Whitfield , either way finishing that stand won't help us and especially if the terms include commission or rents payable to bluesky....

Finishing the stand WILL help us

1) Moving the club shop to more prominent position on the Hamil

2) Finishing RW suite bringing in more income streams

3) Moving the family stand to the new completed seating area

4) Aesthetically finished look to the stadium

Hand in hand this will enable more money being freed up to invest in the team

The club want to make it more of an academy and also a winter training facility. I believe there was an issue with developing the current training ground, something to do with the council.

Will be an asset to the players of all ages, but how is it funded? Do the Vale pay rent for it or receive rent from community etc use? Since this was included in the non-share portion, £4.6M, of the investment, it was necessary to explain it in a press conference not to slip it out as a gate booster. I assume CW is a much larger area and as a more recent ex-colliery would attract different grants, whereas Hamil and Bycars were much older collieries.

Finishing the stand WILL help us

1) Moving the club shop to more prominent position on the Hamil

2) Finishing RW suite bringing in more income streams

3) Moving the family stand to the new completed seating area

4) Aesthetically finished look to the stadium

Hand in hand this will enable more money being freed up to invest in the team

Well said, people only seem to be able to see £400k and now they have decided that we are paying £60k for BB's shares.

The truth about that we don't know as ML said he was buying shares from BB, how much we don't know so it's all speculation.

Well said, people only seem to be able to see £400k and now they have decided that we are paying £60k for BB's shares.

The truth about that we don't know as ML said he was buying shares from BB, how much we don't know so it's all speculation.

Is the fact that the work will not start for at least 12 months speculation so heaven knows when it will be finished?

What I don't get is that the CW site was to be developed as part of the Ameriturf £1.6 million deal. £500K of that was cash and £500K of that was for pre-season tours. Which meant that the CW development was going to cost either £600K or £1.2 million if Vale had to match Ameriturf's investment.

Now... all of a sudden, it's £4.6 million... some of it towards the Lorne and some towards the RW suite, but even taking those away this is an incredible increase in the amount needed for the CW development.

The more I think about this investment deal the more I want Mo's deal. Something doesn't feel right at all about this Blue Sky deal to me.

The more I think about this investment deal the more I want Mo's deal. Something doesn't feel right at all about this Blue Sky deal to me.

Unless something else comes to light that I dont know about then its the same here and I think money apart the club would have been much better and professionally run with Mo and his team at the helm!:yes:

Archived