onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The "£4.6m" training ground

Twitters

ive seen inside the robbie williams suite while ago...and it was total shell of a room....just concrete and wires needing sorting out..that sort of look.

so god knows how much tht would cost..BUT it is huge...its roughly from half way line to goal line.(hamil end),hold at least 500 people...so my point is getting that to work would bring in some good returns surely?..i know alot of ifs and buts.

I very much doubt micky will be given say...100k for a player or 2...just dont see it...love to be proven wrong.

Advert

To complete the Lorne Street stand, the club shop will have to be dismantled and moved to the unit behind the away end. The concourse will then need to be be built and the turnstiles installed. So unless you're going to install seats but not open them up, there's still a lot to do.

Is it where the players lounge used be. On the paddock side of the hamil end the shop is earmarked for ?

ive seen inside the robbie williams suite while ago...and it was total shell of a room....just concrete and wires needing sorting out..that sort of look.

so god knows how much tht would cost..BUT it is huge...its roughly from half way line to goal line.(hamil end),hold at least 500 people...so my point is getting that to work would bring in some good returns surely?..i know alot of ifs and buts.

I very much doubt micky will be given say...100k for a player or 2...just dont see it...love to be proven wrong.

Some wires already installed?........ bonus...

what use is a completed Lorne Street!! We don't fill half the seats we already have, why add more?

We need £250,000 spending on our team and we'd be a great bet for promotion, this is what the club needs.

Revenue would go up significantly should we get promoted.

We have a decent training ground for a team at our level with the Bycars, why build something else. Money being spent in the wrong areas.

Well into six figures at least.

I understand less than that, possibly below a million.

For the number of seats that will be put into the Lorne Street it is a lot of money. And we have to be sure the RW Suite can be hired out such that there is a decent return.

But it does suggest that the Blue Sky people feel we need to have a first class stadium BEFORE we get promoted to the higher leagues. It probably reflects their perspective from how things work here in the US. You build the infrastructure before you need it rather than suffer the problems of not having it when the demand comes along.

Port Vale: Lloyd hoping to remain a director

Trusted article source icon

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Profile image for The Sentinel

The Sentinel

Follow

ACTING chairman Mike Lloyd has reacted to imminent changes in the Vale boardroom by saying his long-term aim is to remain as a director.

News of a potential £5m investment deal for the Valiants means the music entrepreneur's role in the running of the club could be up for review.

Pennsylvania-based synthetic pitch installer Blue Sky International are about to take a seat on the board as part of their investment package.

Another candidate, who the club have so far refused to name, is expected to be put forward as a replacement for former chairman Bill Bratt as early as next week.

Blue Sky's nominee will be their chief executive Hank Julicher, who is due to visit Burslem next month when his agenda will include discussing the position of chairman.

Lloyd said: "My intention is to stay on the board unless the club says they don't want me.

"Nothing has changed with regards the chairmanship.I am happy to do it until someone else comes along.

"I don't know who will be the new chairman until we have meetings with Hank.

"I'd like to stay on the board, whether I'm chairman or just a director. I don't have any delusions of grandeur."

Deakin wants the board changes resolved quickly.

He said: "I'm hoping there will be some news early next week in terms of a replacement for the first director who will be stepping down. Then it will go to shareholders to vote.

"Bill's signalled his intention to step down and would like to do that as soon as possible.

"Now we've got the investment deal signed we're working towards making that happen."

The club say Blue Sky will spend £400,000 on shares, plus a further £4.6m developing training facilities at Chatterley Whitfield. They will also fund completion of the Lorne Street stand and the Robbie Williams Suite.

The firm have also pledged to cover the costs of pre-season tours in America over the next decade.

VALE are asking fans with questions about the new investment deal to email them to the Port Vale Supporters' Club at [email protected]. They can also be submitted via Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/portvalesupportersclub or Twitter @valesupporters.

Where is the ambiguity in that Twitters?

But we don't own the land, and its only 400K , 50p after we've paid off Bratt and Oliver, and the new caterers will take everything anyway. And Blue Sky are Ameriturf, and Hank the Yahk is a scam monger. And we could have been living in heaven on Mo Chaudry's 5million, straight into the first team and no loans involved. If only the board had been nicer to Mark Sims and let him have his own way over absolutely everything, so not forcing him to refuse the chance to influence things. And those pesky shareholders, who didn't vote out the 24.9% rule, and rejected all NLV's other nominees for the board. And Jackson and Meigh are still pulling the strings anyway. Rob Lee is a Judas for flogging his shares to the highest bidder. Anyone thinking of going down the game tomorrow and actually planning on enjoying a game of football and suporting their team, they're just propping up this currupt board of liars and getting the team they deserve. And admin by Christmas. Starve 'em out I say.

The whole point of this thread is based on one thing. The OP's complete misunderstanding of the Sentinel article and, once his error has been pointed out to him, his arrogant dismissal to those requesting his apology.

My understanding of the article is that £4.6Million has been earmarked for the Training ground and LS/RW suite completion. This bit .....

" and engage in unspecified commercial deals with the club " ... by my understanding, is not intended to be included in the financial breakdown of the £4.6Million figure, but an indication of additional benefits they will bring.

But we don't own the land, and its only 400K , 50p after we've paid off Bratt and Oliver, and the new caterers will take everything anyway. And Blue Sky are Ameriturf, and Hank the Yahk is a scam monger. And we could have been living in heaven on Mo Chaudry's 5million, straight into the first team and no loans involved. If only the board had been nicer to Mark Sims and let him have his own way over absolutely everything, so not forcing him to refuse the chance to influence things. And those pesky shareholders, who didn't vote out the 24.9% rule, and rejected all NLV's other nominees for the board. And Jackson and Meigh are still pulling the strings anyway. Rob Lee is a Judas for flogging his shares to the highest bidder. Anyone thinking of going down the game tomorrow and actually planning on enjoying a game of football and suporting their team, they're just propping up this currupt board of liars and getting the team they deserve. And admin by Christmas. Starve 'em out I say.

Great post.

I understand less than that, possibly below a million.

For the number of seats that will be put into the Lorne Street it is a lot of money. And we have to be sure the RW Suite can be hired out such that there is a decent return.

But it does suggest that the Blue Sky people feel we need to have a first class stadium BEFORE we get promoted to the higher leagues. It probably reflects their perspective from how things work here in the US. You build the infrastructure before you need it rather than suffer the problems of not having it when the demand comes along.

Tone, a six figure sum is less than £1m?!

My opinions haven't once changed about him. I've said several times over several months that people have warned me off him. I said all along though despite that, I wanted to give him a chance. Even as soon as yesterday, I said on here that I'd have been happy with him taking over. I haven't once said I wasn't a fan of Mo's bid.

My problem is certain posters have been overexaggering his offer in order to score points against the Blue Sky deal which is wrong. Mo's deal was £1.2m, and then the option of a £3.8m loan in order to reduce the expenditure on interest on the debt. I was in favour of that and have never said otherwise.

So my opinions haven't changed once. I've never said I didn't want him in. But if you want to lie about my opinions on Mo's deal, then that's your choice.

Well , you've already been shown to have lied in this thread. Not long ago you denied ever singing 'stick your season ticket up their...", and now you openly admit it. So when talking about lying, I know which one of us I believe. And all on a thread where you accuse B&G of not being accurate with their statement whilst again being wrong. I'd give up while you're behind twitters.

Well , you've already been shown to have lied in this thread. Not long ago you denied ever singing 'stick your season ticket up their...", and now you openly admit it. So when talking about lying, I know which one of us I believe. And all on a thread where you accuse B&G of not being accurate with their statement whilst again being wrong. I'd give up while you're behind twitters.

I said I didn't sing it at the Morecambe match, I never said i didn't sing it at all. I've not lied in this thread either. I'd give up with the personal digs, it's pathetic.

Archived