onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rob Page sacked

robf

Get ready for an avalanche of posters on here jumping around with glee, telling us all what a terrible manager he was. :wink:

He did ok for us. I'd bite off your hand for 12th position and 65 points this year.

Totally agree with you.

Admin, I clicked on the "Report Post" button when I meant to click "Thanks"....senior moment.

Advert

[QUOnameairportnick;692474]Cant help you there I had stopped going by then. When you can pick out 3 or 4 games from the whole 2 years it doesn't say much for the rest and proves my point. Tell me again why is he out of work?

'To name but a few' was a fair indication that there were plenty more, they were just from the top of my head. So you are judging Pages stint at Vale despite seemingly not witnessing a significant proportion of it.

I wasn't a massive fan of Page myself although I thought he did a good job in difficult circumstances. However, unlike some, I remember the good and the bad games, not just the bad.

His tactics were dull and predictable, the time he'd make his first sub was predictable and his interview comments were predictable ("roll our sleeves up", "go again", "dig deep"). But he did steady the ship and kept us in the league - so the best of luck to him.

Sadly Bruno has overloaded the ship and almost capsized it, so all that dull predictable stuff was in vain.

Fully over myself thanks. I needed to grow a pair to actually stop going as it becoming a difficult routine. I shall still want them to win every game but I think I'm done now. None of our family or friends go any more so there wouldn't be the same crack anyway.

Honestly Nick, I'd love to be in your position, where I could decide to go and see the Vale , or not. My location

prevents me from doing so, and I try to get over every 2 years or so. If I was still living in Ireland ,

I would be trying to go to every home game, or at least the Saturday home games. With travel being fairly cheap now,

that wouldn't be so difficult to manage. To have an opportunity to see the Vale

like you do , and not do it, after 50 years of following them , well, I 'd love that opportunity, good or bad.

Or is it that simple Nick?

Honestly Nick, I'd love to be in your position, where I could decide to go and see the Vale , or not. My location

prevents me from doing so, and I try to get over every 2 years or so. If I was still living in Ireland ,

I would be trying to go to every home game, or at least the Saturday home games. With travel being fairly cheap now,

that wouldn't be so difficult to manage. To have an opportunity to see the Vale

like you do , and not do it, after 50 years of following them , well, I 'd love that opportunity, good or bad.

Or is it that simple Nick?

It is that simple . At one time it was my life , every waking moment, I've just been battered into submission. Just had enough, nothing more than that. I desperately want them to win every game, still, just cant watch it, cant stand the frustration. At one time nothing, apart from The Cropredy Festival, would have stopped me going. I even organised holidays to fit. Now for the last couple of years we go to a lot more festivals and take about 7 holidays a year . Even if I came back I wouldn't be prepared to give that up, I enjoy it too much.

His tactics were dull and predictable, the time he'd make his first sub was predictable and his interview comments were predictable ("roll our sleeves up", "go again", "dig deep"). But he did steady the ship and kept us in the league - so the best of luck to him.

Sadly Bruno has overloaded the ship and almost capsized it, so all that dull predictable stuff was in vain.

No Smurf has overloaded the squad

Get ready for an avalanche of posters on here jumping around with glee, telling us all what a terrible manager he was. :wink:

He did ok for us. I'd bite off your hand for 12th position and 65 points this year.

I really liked him before he became manager as I thought he would be a dynamic young manager.

It quickly became apparent he favoured certain players who weren't of sufficient standard and played some absolutely turgid stuff which really initially created the disinterest of fans.

I was glad to see him go and I'm not shocked he's been found out and damaged quite dramatically the resurgence of a club that ran away with their league last season, had their chairman watched many of any of our games last season he would have known he wasn't the man for them.

Still worked out well for us as we got money for him.

Its nothing to do with getting joy from attacking him. I hated watching the football played by his team so much that I stopped going. After fifty odd years that took some doing. Good riddance.

Completely agree, if we weren't seriously challenging for promotion or to avoid relegation last season which we never were the very least you want to see is exciting attacking football, it was as poor as the last 2/3 months of this season in the main, simply turgid.

I'm not jumping around with glee, but boy oh boy I do find it "pleasing" in a way that I and many others did not see long term futures in Page as a manager.

He did turn us into a boring, predictable unit lacking in personalities and enthusiasm and Vale were slowly going down the slippery slope in his time as our manager. for him now to take over a very successful, entertaining, high scoring Team and get the fans to turn on him so very quickly surely confirms that Page is not and was never the correct person for us.

As I said I get no pleasure out of anyone losing their job but I feel my, and many other's opinions of him have now been vindicated.

Will be interesting to see actually where he now ends up.

Summed up perfectly for me. I'd think he'd probably end up as a defensive coach somewhere.

He was a safe, if rather dull, pair of hands.

Northampton were a bit spoiled in league two last year, what with all that attacking and scoring that they did. He was never the right fit after Wilder. I spoke to a couple of Cobblers fans in December who were hoping we would beat them so he could be sacked.

I imagine REP probably has an erection now.

I'd imagine you should stop being such a stupid ****. It's not funny and it's not clever.

Archived