onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Kick-off time grumble!

smithie

Advert

Tbf after Boxing day, you cant blame any Vale fan from not going again this season.

I wouldn't 'blame' anyone but i wouldn't call them much of a fan either if they had the finances and opportunity to go but chose not to because Vale are crap at the moment.

Its hard to see why anyone would choose to be a vale fan and not expect times like this.

I agree its hard work at the moment and sometimes it'd be easy to say forget it but the club needs to be supported through this or it will die. That would be a sad day if the only football representative was that rabble across the city. I'd certainly fall out of love with football if that happened.

I wouldn't 'blame' anyone but i wouldn't call them much of a fan either if they had the finances and opportunity to go but chose not to because Vale are crap at the moment.

Its hard to see why anyone would choose to be a vale fan and not expect times like this.

I agree its hard work at the moment and sometimes it'd be easy to say forget it but the club needs to be supported through this or it will die. That would be a sad day if the only football representative was that rabble across the city. I'd certainly fall out of love with football if that happened.

The walk up fan will not pay £44 in a few days to watch ***** football unfortunatly. Ive got a season ticket,so im all right, but if i didnt have one i wouldnt be going tomorow night meself.

Just because somebody has the money, & is a fan, doesn't mean they should feel obligated to spend money watching us if we're crap or losing every week.

People have every right to vote with their feet, & boycott games if the entertainment isn't there. I can afford to go most away games, & I'm a massive Vale fan (I planned on every away game this season & did it up until about MK dons), but there is no way I'm spending any further expendable income on watching that crap. I've got my ST as per for the home games, but I don't think I deserve criticism for not wanting to watch us get thrashed by 3-4 every other week.

Away this season, I've spent an estimated £180 on 8 games (excluding all of the travel & expenses, so a lot more). In those, we've scored 6 goals, conceded 18, won 0. But I should spend more because otherwise I wouldn't be as much of a fan? We've done better at home yes, but the same applies to our home walk-up fans. If it's not entertaining enough/good quality football, why should they fork out?

Looking on the bright side, Oldham play on Saturday. So when we turn up on Monday after our extended break, this game should be a walk in the park.

Famous last words. See how we fare against Chesterfield first, these are the only team out of the bottom 6 we haven't played, & of the other 5, we've L3, D2, W0.

Just because somebody has the money, & is a fan, doesn't mean they should feel obligated to spend money watching us if we're crap or losing every week.

People have every right to vote with their feet, & boycott games if the entertainment isn't there. I can afford to go most away games, & I'm a massive Vale fan (I planned on every away game this season & did it up until about MK dons), but there is no way I'm spending any further expendable income on watching that crap. I've got my ST as per for the home games, but I don't think I deserve criticism for not wanting to watch us get thrashed by 3-4 every other week.

Away this season, I've spent an estimated £180 on 8 games (excluding all of the travel & expenses, so a lot more). In those, we've scored 6 goals, conceded 18, won 0. But I should spend more because otherwise I wouldn't be as much of a fan? We've done better at home yes, but the same applies to our home walk-up fans. If it's not entertaining enough/good quality football, why should they fork out?

You not going to away games has nothing to do with anything.

I'm not bothered when we play Melv I will always be there noticed you were moaning though about no pies or hot water tut tut that won't do!!!

To be fair, when they run out of hot food and hot water before kick off it's a pretty poor affair, and people have every right to moan at what is **** poor catering.

You not going to away games has nothing to do with anything.

Of course it does, you wouldn't complain about people not attending away games because we're playing crap, so why should they feel obligated to fork out the money just because we're at home & playing crap? Who the money goes to shouldn't really make that much of a difference.

I'm sure if you asked people why they go to watch Vale, supporting the club financially would be a lot lower on most people's list of reasons to go than watching us win/entertainment value/loving football.

I do agree, times like this are to be expected & are part of supporting lower league football teams (if not all really), but it doesn't necessarily mean fans have to put up with it.

On topic though, does anyone actually know the definite reason for changing the time, or who changed it? I haven't seen it anywhere (on a link anyway), but some appear to be blaming Smurf.

TBH It doesn't matter when they play. Vale are at home. I'm going.

Well said. If you are a Vale fan, you make every effort to go no matter when the game is played. People who no longer attend winge and moan about something to try and excuse themselves and justify their decision not to attend. At the end of the day, it is the stay away fans who are slowly killing the club by not supporting the club. I'm aware that people can't always attend every game but there's plenty out there that could attend but make excuses. I know a fair few people who prefer Friday night fixtures as they can go for a couple of beers after the match and they've still got the whole weekend to enjoy.

Well said. If you are a Vale fan, you make every effort to go no matter when the game is played. People who no longer attend winge and moan about something to try and excuse themselves and justify their decision not to attend. At the end of the day, it is the stay away fans who are slowly killing the club by not supporting the club. I'm aware that people can't always attend every game but there's plenty out there that could attend but make excuses. I know a fair few people who prefer Friday night fixtures as they can go for a couple of beers after the match and they've still got the whole weekend to enjoy.

Spot on Steve.

Get your tin hat on Valiant.lol

On topic though, does anyone actually know the definite reason for changing the time, or who changed it? I haven't seen it anywhere (on a link anyway), but some appear to be blaming Smurf.

Maybe something to do with needing to set up rooms for the New Years Eve Gala which starts at 8pm. Who says that the Marketing Department does nothing? They just mess up our Saturday afternoon fixture and potentially lose us quite a bit of gate money.

It will be postponed the ground outside is bone hard when i walked the dog earlier and the sun was out .

So i wouldnt worry to much after boxing day i dont really want to be watching Vale anyway at present the boxing day borefest still etched in my Vale loving soul.

The term we play when we want should be attached to the Vale players i hope Browny can get them playing and be adventurous and daring and Grant maybe heading one in but i doubt it as it wont be on anyway.

If it is on im working anyway at 22.00 so even though im a season ticket holder i might give it the wide berth especially if this cold .

It will be postponed the ground outside is bone hard when i walked the dog earlier and the sun was out .

So i wouldnt worry to much after boxing day i dont really want to be watching Vale anyway at present the boxing day borefest still etched in my Vale loving soul.

The term we play when we want should be attached to the Vale players i hope Browny can get them playing and be adventurous and daring and Grant maybe heading one in but i doubt it as it wont be on anyway.

If it is on im working anyway at 22.00 so even though im a season ticket holder i might give it the wide berth especially if this cold .

Temp's due to rise tomorrow so will be on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654225

Archived