onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager??

werstayinup

Quite often the best managers appear out of nowhere - being reserve team coaches or second in command at a bigger club and someone who we've never heard of. Rudge was like that and Stoke's great Tony Waddington came from Crewe.

Brown might step up to the plate but it's a bit unfair to judge him on someone else's players. If he could get us out of this mess and stabilise the Club then I'd be tempted to extend his contract but who knows?

We thought Sinnott was going to be good. Gannon too. Glover was one of our best ever players. So too Foyle & Sproson. It's impossibly hard to predict who will make a good manager and who won't.

He won't come here but I don't suppose anyone at Burton thought that Rowett would cut the mustard. It's like pinning a tail on a donkey. Close your eyes, cross your fingers and hope like mad.

Advert

Brown might step up to the plate but it's a bit unfair to judge him on someone else's players. If he could get us out of this mess and stabilise the Club then I'd be tempted to extend his contract but who knows?

The dilemma there is he might be the right person to get us out the **** we are in but not the right person to take the club/team forward...we've seen many examples of a manager coming in and getting things sorted short term only for it to go horribly wrong when he starts recruiting and changing the club.

Personally I'd give him the chance short term but then ask someone with experience to come in and do an assessment longer term as to whether it's Brown or we need to bring in someone with experience to build on survival. The evidence says NS does not know the game and isn't equipped to decide what should happen long term.

Quite often the best managers appear out of nowhere - being reserve team coaches or second in command at a bigger club and someone who we've never heard of. Rudge was like that and Stoke's great Tony Waddington came from Crewe.

We thought Sinnott was going to be good. Gannon too. Glover was one of our best ever players. So too Foyle & Sproson. It's impossibly hard to predict who will make a good manager and who won't.

He won't come here but I don't suppose anyone at Burton thought that Rowett would cut the mustard. It's like pinning a tail on a donkey. Close your eyes, cross your fingers and hope like mad.

I agree with 99% of that but I have to comment on Gibbering Jim Gannon who was a largely unpopular appointment having demonstrated what he was like at Motherwell, a performance he went on to repeat at Vale Park. How he ever got on selling cars I'll never know! Bet he didn't shift too many.

I will admit Sinnott talked a good fight though and I expected him to be better than he was, I didn't realise at first he was another unbalanced looney.

Not sure how much credibility we should place on 'I was told' as opposed to dozend of versions that support facts as I supplied them, but it looks like loony open season on this thread. Several posts from REP (including more that quote me when the beacon of truth said I was on ignore) - obviously found a bottle of cider in next doors' bin that they threw out after Christmas and got all stroppy.

Scathing stuff, with all the wit and charm of used bedpan, and similar content.

Pearson admitted he'd embellished the s'fighting with wolves' story just to annoy gullible p[eople - he didn't have to look far on here did he? :laugh:

As for Page, the REP just has either a bad crush or an irrational hatred of him, he certainly was not a failure when he left Vale for an increased salary and budget at a club of similar size with an ambitious and rational chairman.

So, back to topic - somehow I feel Ainsworth would fall out with Smurf, either that or face undue interference. But let's see how Michael Brown does first.

I tell you what Bea,if Nige did happen to end up at the Vale it wouldn't be boring.

Can you imagine his response to some of the Lorne Street loudmouths if they had a go at him?

I'll say this for him,he takes no ****.

I tell you what Bea,if Nige did happen to end up at the Vale it wouldn't be boring.

Can you imagine his response to some of the Lorne Street loudmouths if they had a go at him?

I'll say this for him,he takes no ****.

I would be confident they wouldn't have reason to have a go at him, aprt from perhaps one or two who make a habit of picking fights with a nun (habit / nun get it? :laugh::) and would love one of my favourite posters in particular to meet Nigel face to face and be throttled in public, most entertaining and sure to increase attendances.

I would be confident they wouldn't have reason to have a go at him, aprt from perhaps one or two who make a habit of picking fights with a nun (habit / nun get it? :laugh::) and would love one of my favourite posters in particular to meet Nigel face to face and be throttled in public, most entertaining and sure to increase attendances.

:laugh:

I am completely sure thank you. Ainsworth came from Lincoln having previously played at Preston so no idea how you base Vale accepting a 2 million odd bid to him wanting to go South.

Just my own memory thanks; I stand to be corrected but I'm sure at the time he said he wanted to move south to be nearer his family, similar to Lofty more recently.

Get ainsworth in now smurf..he knows the club fans expectations and is having another crackin season with wycombe

He was at the Vale for 54 games nearly 20 years ago, so no, he doesn't know the club and the fans expectations- don't talk *****.

Just my own memory thanks; I stand to be corrected but I'm sure at the time he said he wanted to move south to be nearer his family, similar to Lofty more recently.

Not true, he's from Blackburn and had only played "down south" at Cambridge for one year prior to his spell at Vale Park

It wasn't inconsequential though heatwave. You suggested he is from darn sarf and hence it is why he left.

Ainsworth has a hard working team punching above their weight on a small budget. They are quite dis-liked by fellow league 2 fans as a physical time wasting team. Who knows what will happen and this forum is all about opinions.

My humble opinion is that appointing Michael Brown is not the answer .

My name's are Ardley

Ainsworth

Adkins

Bit of a fetish for the letter A there, we probably have no chance with any of them.

Archived