onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

My situation

Sick_Valiant

If I wanted to watch a premiership team it wouldn't be stoke trust me i was a man utd fan as a kid before i changed to vale so stoke being in premiership isn't no big deal stoke will never win nothing just like vale!!!

I thought I was the only one that went from man u to vale.

I went matches, bought the shirts, went to the Cliffe and had the DVDs etc

I went vale for the first time on 17th Aug 1996 (or 97....whenever beckham scored from the halfway line) and my love of utd gradually died

Utd was my first crush, Vale the love of my life

Advert

I went vale for the first time on 17th Aug 1996 (or 97....whenever beckham scored from the halfway line) and my love of utd gradually died

And this proves why women should be kept away from football...:D

Tell them that they should consider Vale to be a bond with their father. To abandon your roots and cut to an alternative isn't always a viable option in life, and loyalty is more important than self-seeking ideals. Speaking from experience, the unity you share when your family watch Vale together makes it more enjoyable than watching an adopted team win every week. The success means nothing if you can't remember what it was like to be on the bottom.

But seeing the best players and players giving their all and with a tremendous home record against some big European teams...:unsure:

You could be playing Real Madrid and no disrespect, but I'd still rather go and watch Vale. You see, I'm a Vale fan, my father introduced me to them and nothing will change that. I also love to see a open game of football on a proper, old fashioned full sized pitch.

I'm sure you can understand.;)

It's that black and white.

You have only been going for 5 minutes flippin glory hunters

i was like a real Man Utd fan only ever attended 4 games.....I went vale and have never looked back now i love to see them lose(Man Utd not Vale)!!

I started to support man utd at about 8 and it was only so i could sit in back seat of school bus in germany, my first season as a vale fan i as 16 and we went on a 18 game run without a win!!

i was like a real Man Utd fan only ever attended 4 games.....I went vale and have never looked back now i love to see them lose(Man Utd not Vale)!!

I started to support man utd at about 8 and it was only so i could sit in back seat of school bus in germany, my first season as a vale fan i as 16 and we went on a 18 game run without a win!!

I actually went a man u v Cov game the week before the LDV when vale were playing Brentford in a league game (got a free ticket and couldnt afford a trip to London AND Cardiff)...thought I'd enjoy it but spent the game wishing I was at Brentford and checking the score. I realised just how flat the crowd was for such a big one and how it didn't feel to them what Vale scoring the following week meant to me. The worst club to support IMO, they don't have the full footballing experience.

I used to watch Vale and Stoke in the 1970's and 1980's. It doesn't have to be a problem. What has changed is that Stoke have taken steps to establish themselves long term in the Premier League. I feel they have a more secure situation now than their previous stints in the top division in the 1960's - 1984. I live on the Wirral and my friend has a season ticket for him, his lad and wife at Tranmere. That doesn't change one bit the fact that he is also a Liverpool supporter. Nor does it rule out people supporting Tranmere who also support Everton.

I used to watch Vale and Stoke in the 1970's and 1980's. It doesn't have to be a problem. What has changed is that Stoke have taken steps to establish themselves long term in the Premier League. I feel they have a more secure situation now than their previous stints in the top division in the 1960's - 1984. I live on the Wirral and my friend has a season ticket for him, his lad and wife at Tranmere. That doesn't change one bit the fact that he is also a Liverpool supporter. Nor does it rule out people supporting Tranmere who also support Everton.

It may even turn out like that. My mate already says he wants come loads of vale games as well as going stoke. Could even become a time when people who find it hard get tickets or what ever for stoke start coming vale regular. But vale need tap into the market some how not just leave it.

I have a very difficult situation coming up , two of my grandchildren both boys aged 11 and 13 who i take to the Vale when ever i have them and Vale play have both been here for Sunday lunch today and have been begging me to take them go watch Stoke in the European games !

At first i thought they may be kidding around but no , when i asked why they wanted go see Stoke play their reply was '' They are good and Vale are naff '' , i could not really give an argument to that but after 30 minutes of me trying talk them out of it they still want to go and have their hearts set on it.

I fear the lads are going stop going the Vale and start going Stoke from now on and their friends all follow Stoke.

I fear Vale will be losing future fans because of Stoke's recent success and Vales lack of it.

WHAT DO I DO !?

When I was a kid my Grandad and my best mate's dad took me and my mate to the Vale and from that day on I was PV through and through. My dad and Uncle used to take me to Stoke now and again and I used to love seeing Stoke play in Europe in the 70's, I remember Ruud Kroll's goal for Ajax and also seeing Santos and Pele at the Victoria ground in a friendly but Vale were already in my blood.

Take your kids and let them make up their own minds.

Archived