onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

My situation

Sick_Valiant

Advert

When we sold Mark and Neville Chamberlain and Mark Harrison (very good goalie) to stoke in the 80,s I had to see Mark play as he was a Fantastic winger who had everybody on the edge of their seats so I used to go watch Stoke one week and Vale the next and as they were in the 1st Div (premier league now) and playing the elite every week I must admit I enjoyed it as you dont actually feel the love for that club not like your own, I genuinely enjoyed the games and there were some crackers, wins against Arsenal (where Mark terrorised Kenny Sansom England fullback at the time) and Liverpool, Man U and a particulary good game against Luton (4-4)

So take them and let them fee ltheir own way....the heart will pull one way or another...thankfully all that success stoke had never pulled me away from Vale so cross your fingers!!!

I can remember when I was a 10year old, all my mates went to Stoke, I went the Vale, I asked my dad if I could go Stoke with my mates, he went belistic, you will come to the Vale with me like I did with my dad, once a Vale fan always a Vale fan, if you don't like it you you will spend saturday afternoons in bed until I get home. Having said that if my dad knew what was happening to his belovered Vale now, he would turn in his grave.

apparently our free tickets to the under nines and junior season tickets are way down on last year perry even confirmed this the other week

it's hard to tell a kid not to get intrested in stoke when all the good stuff is coming from the dark side of town look at the signings they have made the position they are in regarding europe etc

to be honest i'd take them mate go enjoy yourself cheer for the opposition if you want

i know at least 4 big vale fans who go stoke for the odd match

i even know a couple of stokies who went vale last year

Kids are glory hunters nowadays lol, I was washing my car the other week and i was wearing my vale top and two young kids no older than 8-9 walked past and callied me a **** fan. What makes me laugh is 15 years ago stoke were where we are now. Most the young stjokies nowadays would be utd fans or another prem team if there had not a the success they are having now.

I have a very difficult situation coming up , two of my grandchildren both boys aged 11 and 13 who i take to the Vale when ever i have them and Vale play have both been here for Sunday lunch today and have been begging me to take them go watch Stoke in the European games !

At first i thought they may be kidding around but no , when i asked why they wanted go see Stoke play their reply was '' They are good and Vale are naff '' , i could not really give an argument to that but after 30 minutes of me trying talk them out of it they still want to go and have their hearts set on it.

I fear the lads are going stop going the Vale and start going Stoke from now on and their friends all follow Stoke.

I fear Vale will be losing future fans because of Stoke's recent success and Vales lack of it.

WHAT DO I DO !?

How do their parents read this situation?

Make their choice easier - if they go to Vale, you will pay and they can have burgers, drinks etc, if they go to Stoke they have to be taken to the vet and wormed, de-flead and have ticks removed after the match as well as paying for themselves and having to go through a sheep dip before entering your house again.

Also, if they choose Stoke they must eat 14 packets of lard each before the game to show they are proper Stokies.

Kids are glory hunters nowadays lol, I was washing my car the other week and i was wearing my vale top and two young kids no older than 8-9 walked past and callied me a **** fan. What makes me laugh is 15 years ago stoke were where we are now. Most the young stjokies nowadays would be utd fans or another prem team if there had not a the success they are having now.

Some fat kid biking around nextdoor said something to me after returning from a Vale match.

Just made it clear he'll never have the opportunity to play football with that figure and asked why he hadn't been to the Stoke match......never mentioned it again. Teach him for being cheeky at that age.

Archived