onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Grant

boslemportvale91

The woman liner was out of her depth, when the incident happened with Grant she stayed on the line one of the Vale players shouted to her and she was shaking her head as Grant was physically manhandled to the ground having his shirt pulled over his head, she surely will mention this in any report.

Another bone of contention........Why do liners allow keepers to come so far out of the box when kicking the ball out of their hands, Chris Neal was a good yard out every time?

Advert

The point I was trying to make is that the FA seem to be clamping down heavily on unruly behaviour.

How come, half way through the first half, one of their lads got away with angrily bouncing the ball on the ground after the ref had given us a foul and wasn't booked for dissent? I agree with you, Ray, but that was a clear case of dissent surely?

I agree but I ask - have you ever seen an incident like Grant returning to the pitch like he did before?

No I haven't Ray, and I agree his behaviour was idiotic because it was not an understandable spur of the moment reaction - he had plenty of time to think through the consequences and still did what he did. If it's true that Brown followed him on to the pitch then why did he not talk to/restrain him? Perhaps he was looking forward to a few first team games!!!!

No I haven't Ray, and I agree his behaviour was idiotic because it was not an understandable spur of the moment reaction - he had plenty of time to think through the consequences and still did what he did. If it's true that Brown followed him on to the pitch then why did he not talk to/restrain him? Perhaps he was looking forward to a few first team games!!!!

Clever boy

I can't recall exactly who was there, so I stand to be corrected, but I don't remember Brown being anywhere near Grant or the officials. It was a few Vale lads trying to appease him. Most of the players had disappeared down the tunnel by then. This was 2-3 minutes after the final whistle.

I suspect Grant boiled over simply because he felt both yellows to be harsh, and the lad who was manhandling him and grabbing his shirt got away scot-free. He would no doubt say that he was trying to stop Grant getting involved but since when has an opposition player being able to get away with that for the length of time he had hold of him? I don't remember seeing any player, home or away, so up tight like that. But I'm sure it's all on camera, clearly. Sadly, Grant has probably forfeited any sympathy and leniency he might have got because of his stupidity in taking the ball with him, plus his even dafter decision to confront the referee after full time.

The unfortunate thing is - despite his inconsistency - he is, for me, our key player, someone who protects the back four, helps the younger lads and leads by example. We can perhaps replace most of the other players but not him, particularly with Foley out. He's a real loss and has been fantastic for us.

The highlights on Valiant Player show some of the fracas after the final whistle. It is indeed the players who are restraining Grant - initially Remie Streete then others get involved. Can't see any evidence of him getting close to the ref in what is shown there.

I agree that both bookings, especially the first one, were harsh. For the first one he hadn't fouled the player at all, the bloke just threw himself to the ground. For the second one, Grant was one of a number of players who got involved in the melee. How the ref can decide that trying to escape the grasp of an opposition player was worthy of a booking is ridiculous. The ref did seem to have only a limited grasp of what was going on throughout the game, however.

I can't recall exactly who was there, so I stand to be corrected, but I don't remember Brown being anywhere near Grant or the officials. It was a few Vale lads trying to appease him. Most of the players had disappeared down the tunnel by then. This was 2-3 minutes after the final whistle.

I suspect Grant boiled over simply because he felt both yellows to be harsh, and the lad who was manhandling him and grabbing his shirt got away scot-free. He would no doubt say that he was trying to stop Grant getting involved but since when has an opposition player being able to get away with that for the length of time he had hold of him? I don't remember seeing any player, home or away, so up tight like that. But I'm sure it's all on camera, clearly. Sadly, Grant has probably forfeited any sympathy and leniency he might have got because of his stupidity in taking the ball with him, plus his even dafter decision to confront the referee after full time.

The unfortunate thing is - despite his inconsistency - he is, for me, our key player, someone who protects the back four, helps the younger lads and leads by example. We can perhaps replace most of the other players but not him, particularly with Foley out. He's a real loss and has been fantastic for us.

From what I saw most of the players were still on the pitch as grant walked along to the ref,even though I was in a rush get home I personally stayed behind to watch the handshakes after the earlier handbags, I was surprised grant went in the dug out after his sending off when the fleetwood player went straight down the tunnel

The highlights on Valiant Player show some of the fracas after the final whistle. It is indeed the players who are restraining Grant - initially Remie Streete then others get involved. Can't see any evidence of him getting close to the ref in what is shown there.

I agree that both bookings, especially the first one, were harsh. For the first one he hadn't fouled the player at all, the bloke just threw himself to the ground. For the second one, Grant was one of a number of players who got involved in the melee. How the ref can decide that trying to escape the grasp of an opposition player was worthy of a booking is ridiculous. The ref did seem to have only a limited grasp of what was going on throughout the game, however.

But although grants shirt was almost off his back it was him who finally pulled it off over his head, the ref may not of seen this but the liner definitely would of , so a yellow card could of been for this

But although grants shirt was almost off his back it was him who finally pulled it off over his head, the ref may not of seen this but the liner definitely would of , so a yellow card could of been for this

The only time where the Laws state that a player should be booked for taking his shirt off is if he is celebrating a goal. I am certain that is no why Grant got his second booking.

Didn't really see what happened.But Grant was obviously very upset about something,what ever it was.It was obvious something really upset him you could see it by the way he left the pitch. But why didn't the management team make him go out of the way into the dressing room to calm down.Why didn't they stop him going back onto the pitch to confront the ref?He could be in for 4-5 game ban or maybe more depending on what the ref put's in his report.

I don't know if you saw or not, but Granty was behind us in the Lorne St in the players family section of seats after he got sent off. As soon as the final whistle went he ran down the steps behind our dug out and on to the pitch. So maybe no one from the management team had seen where he went when he left the pitch? The second yellow looks harsh when hes got an opposition player manhandling him, so I think hes lost his head at that decision and gone to confront the ref.

I don't know if you saw or not, but Granty was behind us in the Lorne St in the players family section of seats after he got sent off. As soon as the final whistle went he ran down the steps behind our dug out and on to the pitch. So maybe no one from the management team had seen where he went when he left the pitch? The second yellow looks harsh when hes got an opposition player manhandling him, so I think hes lost his head at that decision and gone to confront the ref.

Both bookings were more than harsh - ridiculous comes to mind, no wonder he was angry.

Grant lost it just after their player was sent off for the head butt

It was nothing to do with that incident

The Fleetwood player had hold of Grant to calm him down and keep him away from someone

By holding his shirt to restrain him , Grant struggled out of his shirt to release

Other players also tried to keep Grant away from someone

The referee , from some distance ,showed the yellow card to Grant for removing his shirt.

Sorry but the referee had done nothing wrong at this time during the whole incident.

Grants reaction's that followed will get him the punishment that they deserved.

Yes the management team are also to blame for allowing the incident after the whistle

Grants an experienced player who we've never seen go mad like that, he should have done the right thing and stayed off, but the management can't predict that would happen. From what I saw plenty of people were trying to stop him as he was walking across the pitch, but they couldn't.

Archived