onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Grant

boslemportvale91

What do u mean? How are yellow cards related to my post???

Your post stated that his cards on Saturday were a result of frustration at having to play for the Vale. I was simply pointing out that if so, he seems to have spent a considerable amount of his career being rather frustrated!!

Advert

In fairness to Michael, it appears that, at best, Grant will not be here next season and is probably 50/50 to be here on 1st February. We must learn to play without him pretty soon, something which we haven't really done consistently since he has joined. I hope Amoros is brought back from wherever he has been on Saturday, probably to play alongside De Frietas. Those 2 look to move the ball quickly, which we did not do in the home game against Charlton.

Isn't that what the gist of this thread is about the thread that you are commenting on?

No I was talking more about his dramatic loss in form and erratic behaviour Saturday, he's always picked up bookings cus it's part of his game but lately he's been one of the worst on the pitch when at his best is easily our best player. Bolton away summed up his level of desire when on their second goal he simply stopped running as he thought he could claim the ball went out rather than break his balls chase the guy when infact the replays showed it didnt go out at all, at one time he'd have made sure the ball went into the stand probably along with the player and linesman of he was in the way!!

As a ref, you would have to think about how a player reacts. Now something has happened to get him that angry and it might be worth trying to find out what that is before throwing cards about. I hate this new rule (although its always been there, but they are getting more harsh) that you can not argue with the ref. I have leant to man manage in my game and that's something that I feel is lacking in the modern game. Prem players still get away with f-ing and gaffing to the ref.

How the lineswoman missed the player hanging onto grant I will never know (although he might have been trying to calm things) they never had control of the match and seemed to make stupid decisions. Although Grant was wrong to go back on the pitch, the ref badly handled the match and the decision and the FA should looking into his conduct also.

Grant gets kicked about on the pitch all the time and never reacts. Someone has said something to him that made him react like that, but the officials will have missed it. How four of them can not see the issues amazes me. On Sundays a lot of referees have no one but themselves to make decision and yeah they might get it wrong, but in this league with four apparently competent officials that are connected by mics it amazes me.

If the ref has booked him for removing his shirt he has clearly not read the Laws so he has done something wrong. If, as has been suggested, he has booked Grant for showing an aggressive attitude, he needs to explain why Grant was the only player booked in the melee for that offence. If he thinks by struggling to free himself from a bloke who had a hold of him for several seconds and would not let go even when the two of them were yards away from the incident why has he not booked the bloke holding Grant and pulling his shirt for showing an aggressive attitude?

I completely agree, I usually defend the officials but this guy was utterly abysmal. Why on earth the sentinel found it sane to give him a mark of 6 is beyond me especially when in it's most basic form he has problems identifying foul thrown-ins.

Grant wants away from Vale at any cost, him and his agent did everything they could to get a move before deadline even dropping down a league to Portsmouth didn't come off for them now he stuck in a situation where he hates our club but is forced to still try and put himself in the shop window so hopefully a club will save him from his misery and I reckon his actions Saturday just shows his level of frustration having to still play for Vale. We don't have the budget to replace a fit hungry Grant but the half arsed sulky Grant that doesn't want be here is no loss, the problem is when he goes although we won't get a player with his ability we will need find a player who is a ball winner to try a plug the hole, difficult.

You do talk some twaddle!

No I was talking more about his dramatic loss in form and erratic behaviour Saturday, he's always picked up bookings cus it's part of his game but lately he's been one of the worst on the pitch when at his best is easily our best player. Bolton away summed up his level of desire when on their second goal he simply stopped running as he thought he could claim the ball went out rather than break his balls chase the guy when infact the replays showed it didnt go out at all, at one time he'd have made sure the ball went into the stand probably along with the player and linesman of he was in the way!!

And yet he played fine on Saturday? :laugh: Didn't he also get MOTM against MK Dons a few games ago? Why was his f Em so good earlier in the season?

Fair enough about Grant wanting away, and great if it is only one match, but why was he given the 2nd yellow to get sent off?

and if he was captain I don't know if he was, but if he was surly he can approach the ref if he needs to or the ref needs him for anything...

Fair enough about Grant wanting away, and great if it is only one match, but why was he given the 2nd yellow to get sent off?

and if he was captain I don't know if he was, but if he was surly he can approach the ref if he needs to or the ref needs him for anything...

He wasn't captain. His second caution was for adopting an aggressive attitude which can't really be argued unless he was the victim of a certain kind of abuse, that would be his only saving grace.

He wasn't captain. His second caution was for adopting an aggressive attitude which can't really be argued unless he was the victim of a certain kind of abuse' date=' that would be his only saving grace.[/quote']

So what was the Guy who restrained /wrestled him guilty of ?

Archived