onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

As Lloyd gets on the plane...

Mr Carter

The deal that Lloyd talked about "seemed" to be far more "lucrative" than that.

If it is Ameriturf for the figures you quote then Lloyd and Deakin blatently lied to everyone at BGWC.

Also Lloyd at the previous BGWC made out he knew nothing about Ameriturf,I am beginning to think that was not true.It would seem that the shareholders have been played for fools and if thats the case I wonder what every ones reaction will be.

If this deal goes through as you quoted, that will mean Bratt and co have got exactly what they wanted, Bratt said he wanted to pack in and he is and his preferred investment will go through despite the express wishes of the shareholders.

And local multi million pound investment has been turned down,unbelievable ===

It cant be any more than £400k because it wont break the 24.9% rule. Therefore it has to be that figure, plus extras such as training pitches etc (will these be gifts?? That in itself seems strange). Which sounds suspiciously (exactly) like the previous investment. And now we all know why it was Bratts preferred investment.

Advert

Perhaps many of the so called fans who poured out hate & vitriol toward marchers the other week will soon see the light...

BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE

"Some of the people can be wrong some of the time.. Not All of the people can be wrong All of the Time..."

Like I have said many times, Lloyd put his £50k in with a motive in mind, he along with the others have taken us all for mugs!

Don't even go there with the Messiah's board appointment...

Let's all just chill,calm down and wait for the report when they return.

'Calm before the storm' if it's not what we have been led to believe,or fail's.

To use protests as an excuse for no deal is out of the window because protest's have stopped just as they requested.

Besides the USA tour has proven to be a massive success with the players as highlighted by our best player to date in Loft.

I think we should take what Ameriturf have to offer in terms of sponsorship of tours and facilities however I am dead against people using £50k, other peoples proxies or other such small investment to gain a prestige position within the club. That goes for Micky (who should stand down as soon as another individual puts proper cash up), Mark Sims, Malcolm Hirst, Deakin or anyone else.

We need PROPER investment (millions, not thousands) to progress as without that we quite obviously won't progress.

Yes, but the USA tour is part of the investment that WON'T result in millions pumped into the vale. They're not likely to do one without the other going fwd - my point last week was that there was alot of positive spin coming out of the club about the USA tour just a week before the trip to secure the amertiuf deal - most vale fans reading the sentinel fall for the bull

Here is a novel view ! What about speculating on the basis that we will get the investment and that it will benefit the club and help us get promotion. Also what about thinking, if only for a minute or two, before we all lapse back into negativity, that Perry Deakin is a half decent Commercial Manager who might just secure the investment we need. I know its a long shot and really we love trashing any news that sounds even remotely positive - but hey shame the devil give it a go !

For the American tour to be a success for Ameriturf as a marketing exercise it needs to have been worth more than £50,000 to them in terms of brand building and promotion.

With all due respect to ourselves, I can't see what they are getting out of bringing a fourth division football team over to the States.

In fact, I can't see why they are looking to invest money in a sport that doesn't use artificial turf at all. Especially with the Olympics round the corner.

Guest Tony Dyche

Nobody is falling for anything. Fans are simply giving Lloyd a chance, a single chance to make good on his promises.

What is the alternative?

Here is a novel view ! What about speculating on the basis that we will get the investment and that it will benefit the club and help us get promotion. Also what about thinking, if only for a minute or two, before we all lapse back into negativity, that Perry Deakin is a half decent Commercial Manager who might just secure the investment we need. I know its a long shot and really we love trashing any news that sounds even remotely positive - but hey shame the devil give it a go !

Crikey, I like this post, count me in :yes::yes:

A wee bit naive if you don't mind me saying,this deal was simmering long before Deakin appeared on the scene..........................or was it?

I don't think I am being naive and tbh I am not bothered about when,where or who started he ball rolling on this potential investment - if it results in money that helps the club then I am all for it !

Personally I think it will result in certain board members being able to recoup there investment and very little money being put into the squad which is what is needed.

Just about probably cover this years loss and be able to see us pay the wages for the season.

We need a substantial investment not £400,000 over x amount of years. That is why I cannot understand why the dealwith Mo and Mark was not even contemplated, or perhaps I am being naive there as the board members would not have recouped would they?

Personally I think it will result in certain board members being able to recoup there investment and very little money being put into the squad which is what is needed.

Just about probably cover this years loss and be able to see us pay the wages for the season.

We need a substantial investment not £400,000 over x amount of years. That is why I cannot understand why the dealwith Mo and Mark was not even contemplated, or perhaps I am being naive there as the board members would not have recouped would they?

They would of recouped if they had replied to mo first off.

Archived