onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

As Lloyd gets on the plane...

Mr Carter

Advert

So are "Ameriturf global" dealers in Ameriturf the product then?

One of life's great mystery's

Billy Bratt said AGS were a major global player, any way thats history

AGS I believe are a start up/fledgling company part of Ameriturf.

The cynic in me would say they were started just before the EGM when the 1.6 million deal [ was it ever 1.6 million ] was announced

It all stinks in my opinion, however Im not convinced thats all Ameriturfs fault as I think they were used.

So are "Ameriturf global" dealers in Ameriturf the product then?

They are one and the same. The "Global" entity was most likely incorporated to

a. Channel overseas sales through

b. The channel the deal with port vale through (and any other overseas marketing spend).

A lot of this corporate structuring with respect to US entities is done to avoid US tax liability on overseas business.

Just my guess.

One of life's great mystery's

Billy Bratt said AGS were a major global player, any way thats history

AGS I believe are a start up/fledgling company part of Ameriturf.

The cynic in me would say they were started just before the EGM when the 1.6 million deal [ was it ever 1.6 million ] was announced

It all stinks in my opinion, however Im not convinced thats all Ameriturfs fault as I think they were used.

Ditto.

And are still being used IMHO to suit the agenda of Mike and Perry.

I certainly won't be the only one,I think you'll find that the great majority of football supporters are really only really interested in the first team,thats why the attendances tend to be much greater than at the reserve and youth team games.

How long will we have wait for the youth team/academy to deliver,another eight years?

You certainly wouldn't, but thats a problem wrt to any investment in pvfc (and probably a symtom of a wider problem in football), because when you refer to investment you might mean someone coming in who will spend money on first team players, but to others in the club investment can also mean better facilities for the kids, stadium improvements etc etc.

So we might be in a situation where we secure a multi-million pound investment into the club, but because it doesn't result in us spending more money on players, some fans still wont be happy.

You certainly wouldn't, but thats a problem wrt to any investment in pvfc (and probably a symtom of a wider problem in football), because when you refer to investment you might mean someone coming in who will spend money on first team players, but to others in the club investment can also mean better facilities for the kids, stadium improvements etc etc.

So we might be in a situation where we secure a multi-million pound investment into the club, but because it doesn't result in us spending more money on players, some fans still wont be happy.

We have had years of crap what goes on the field at this moment in time is the first priority if decent investment is secured, or we might not have many fans to keep happy:yes:

and quite rightly so

Well, its about opinions. For me I think if we simply spent any investment on a two or three season temporary increase in playing budget, we will be back where we are in 3 seasons time.

Much better to invest into the club and then try and fund an increased playing budget on a permanent basis through growing revenues on the back of that investment. Finishing the Lorne Street facilities is a great example.

As I see it your last paragraph is key to good communication and could save the 'Board verbal grief from the supporters i.e. if it is a mixed investment in human, physical and financial resources then they should say so. Instead, we're left with an information vacuum.

Well, its about opinions. For me I think if we simply spent any investment on a two or three season temporary increase in playing budget, we will be back where we are in 3 seasons time.

Much better to invest into the club and then try and fund an increased playing budget on a permanent basis through growing revenues on the back of that investment. Finishing the Lorne Street facilities is a great example.

fans quite rightly will compare any investment against recent similar investment proposals, why shouldnt they ?

As I see it your last paragraph is key to good communication and could save the 'Board verbal grief from the supporters i.e. if it is a mixed investment in human, physical and financial resources then they should say so. Instead, we're left with an information vacuum.

To be fair to ML, he has (more or less) come out and said that it is a mixed investment into the team, the ground and the facilities outside the ground. So lets see if he actually pulls it off....

To be fair to ML, he has (more or less) come out and said that it is a mixed investment into the team, the ground and the facilities outside the ground. So lets see if he actually pulls it off....

so long as the initial cash up front is equal to or greater than 1.2million ML should be fine

fans quite rightly will compare any investment against recent similar investment proposals, why shouldnt they ?

They can, and of course they will. But even if an investment doesn't measure up To Mo's 1.2m of fresh equity, it doesn't necessarily mean its bad, judged on its own merits.

What if its better than that in total, but some of it is not cash/equity but is a deal to build new facilities and improve the ground? Does that make it bad investment? Not necessarily, I would argue.

Me neither, but I can understand why AGS would want the deal done.

I do think new facilities for centre of excellence and the community at Chat. Whit. would be awesome. Especially as it comes at no cost to the Vale.

I thought the Vale had to match the £600,000.00 investment to develop the site.

Archived