onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

robf

I thought we were decent and defended so well. Smith is superb and wins so many headers, can't see him being at vale for long! Streete was also excellent and knopps played much better than I expected. Grant was woeful first half but excellent in the second. Thomas will come good, as will de Freitas. Tavares is great on the ball but not off the ball. Overall I'm delighted with the point and we could've knixked it at the end. Onwards and upwards!

Smith is class

Advert

I know, it's sad really isn't it.

Yes, it is a shame that one league game into an exciting new era, anyone at all on here has to have a go at players who have to overcome a new location, new colleagues and style of play, possible fitness issues and new management style plus maybe several other difficulties.

The lads did well today and deserve credit.

. No doubt if we fail to get through against Carlisle and/or don't beat Southend next Saturday there will be a few that look for scapegoats.

Good start - smith & streete looked good, Tavares strong, grant superb, foley drifted out of it, de Freitas looks exciting (but also disappeared 2nd half), well ground out point & could have nipped it. Big lad needs more time. Mmamba actually did ok too & could have won it

It's not a case of making Mbamba a scapegoat. Just simply questioning him coming on as the first sub, following his performances during pre season. I find it questionable.

Time will tell us more & I certainly aren't having a pop at the kid. It's not his fault he's been picked. It's just my opinion that he is nowhere near this level. We shall see.

I'd have much preferred to see JJ given a run out but a good point on the opening day. Well done Vale.

What a sterling away point, Bradford are one of the favorites this year and we've assembled a team of 6 (no less) new players in the starting 11 (Smith Incl) and to keep and clean sheet and come away with a point is an excellent start. It can only get better!

I didn't go as I'm in Ibiza, but it sounds like Smith had an excellent game and needs a new contract pronto, to be the best player in almost every game since pre-swain kicked In and by the sounds of it also today, he needs protecting :)

Well done to all the players and staff, really excited about this season and today shows we'll be a match for any team!

Archived