onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

robf

We didn't miss your fancy man Dickinson one little bit. Knops was superb.

Oh, grow up you child. I don't think I have ever mentioned Dicko on here before. If you actually read what I said rather then resorting to your default setting of using pathetic sexualised insults to belittle someone's point, you'll see that I wasn't talking about him as a player, more in terms of geeing up the players and crowd. I (and others with me) felt the performance was a little lackadaisical. There wasn't much fight from anyone in front of Grant and the captains seemed quiet. Absolutely no need for your thick, pathetic schoolboy jibes yet again.

Advert

Oh, grow up you child. I don't think I have ever mentioned Dicko on here before. If you actually read what I said rather then resorting to your default setting of using pathetic sexualised insults to belittle someone's point, you'll see that I wasn't talking about him as a player, more in terms of geeing up the players and crowd. I (and others with me) felt the performance was a little lackadaisical. There wasn't much fight from anyone in front of Grant and the captains seemed quiet. Absolutely no need for your thick, pathetic schoolboy jibes yet again.

alls he said was we didnt miss dicko...........jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, mr hobblesworth, did you go btw mate?

Going off those interviews we've been dominated by a depleted Bradford side.

Love the positivity.

They were at home first game with a strong side out. Remember were missing our left back and have a side with no experience with many playing their first games in England. I thought we defended excellently and had enough chances to win the match. We need a winger 100% but I was very happy and delighted with the defenders.

I personally don't think we missed dicko. I thought knopps did excellent considering he isn't first choice and that's not his natural position. I understand what you mean regarding fight and passion but I thought we showed enough today. I agree purkiss didn't exactly do what dicko did but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. I do think that the fight may grow into a few of the new lads once they get used to the league.

Love the positivity.

They were at home first game with a strong side out. Remember were missing our left back and have a side with no experience with many playing their first games in England. I thought we defended excellently and had enough chances to win the match. We need a winger 100% but I was very happy and delighted with the defenders.

glad to hear that.

we lost there last season, cant people seem to just be happy we got a point there today?

disagree, dont see how we missed dicko, the player's and bruno all looked up at us and clapped us, that's good enough for me, knops was first class, read the game very well, and as for passion there was plenty of vocal from vale, plenty of referee this and that, i think some people are being very picky, weve got a point at a ground we lost at last season, positives already.

I don't think it's about being picky. For many, including myself, this was the first chance to see the new team and it's appropriate to discuss it on a Port Vale forum. It's obviously early in the season and the squad will develop and hopefully improve, and I wasn't particularly disappointed with the performance but I though at times we were a little too casual and relaxed. People are allowed to say stuff like this without it being 'picky'. We gave away possession far too easily (in the first half in particular) and there were loads of unforced errors from both teams. It was a good result but we looked far from a team that will take League One by storm or bring back huge crowds to Vale Park.

So you basically think that Dicko fist-pumping would have somehow changed the result and/or performance? :laugh: You really are a wolly.

There was plenty of fight within the team. We in no shape or form missed Dickinson the footballer or his vocals.

No he didn't. He, yet again, tried to belittle a valid point by making pathetic jibes. He did it recently when I mentioned Rob Page.

Yes I did go. Can you read?

sorry that i missed the part where it said you went, although i was only asking literally did you go mate, any need for the 'can you read' comment, bloodyhell.

So you basically think that Dicko fist-pumping would have somehow changed the result and/or performance? :laugh: You really are a wolly.

That's not what I said and of course I don't think that. I thought the crowd were a bit flat and the team were a bit passionless at times (or vice versa). There certainly didn't seem to be any fight to get to those second balls when the Vale were attacking our end. I can say stuff like that without you coming out with pathetic **** like calling Dicko my 'fancy man'. Towards the end, the Vale end got noisier and it seemed to affect the players in a positive way. I don't think it should all be about captains shouting themself hoarse but I did feel that, at times, it felt more like an end of season game rather than the first of the year. Can't you discuss or debate that sensibly without pathetic name calling?

Archived