onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The club communicating - WOW

fraggle

Hello all,

We've all had a good moan about the clubs inability to get closer to its customers and start talking about renewal of season tickets, well it looks like they may have been reading our previous threads on the subject, because and to my sheer amazement I've received the following via email today, THE very 1st one I have ever had recalled back sometime...

"Dear Valued Supporter,

We have noticed that you have not renewed your season ticket for the 2016/17 season yet. The early bird deadline has now passed, however you can still renew your season ticket at any time from our Official Ticket Office by visiting us on Hamil Road or calling 01782 655821.

The Chairman, Norman Smurthwaite, is very excited about appointing a new manager and starting a new era for the club we all love, as you can see from this video update.

We hope you choose to renew your season ticket very soon and join us for this exciting new chapter at Port Vale FC.

Thank you for your continued support,

Ticket Office"

Can you believe it folks? Btw I've not renewed just yet, as all I can see coming up is a relegation season, I think Norman is full of bull poo and we'll see a cheap lesser no mark manager followed by make do/survive players assembled on a much lower budget and I'm not forking out until I see differently - given that sales are down 50% from last year (Norman has said so) then many other have clearly followed.

I'm waiting to be convinced otherwise from Norman but sadly to date, actions always speak louder than words... And he's full of words so far!

Over and out

Advert

Hello all,

We've all had a good moan about the clubs inability to get closer to its customers and start talking about renewal of season tickets, well it looks like they may have been reading our previous threads on the subject, because and to my sheer amazement I've received the following via email today, THE very 1st one I have ever had recalled back sometime...

"Dear Valued Supporter,

We have noticed that you have not renewed your season ticket for the 2016/17 season yet. The early bird deadline has now passed, however you can still renew your season ticket at any time from our Official Ticket Office by visiting us on Hamil Road or calling 01782 655821.

The Chairman, Norman Smurthwaite, is very excited about appointing a new manager and starting a new era for the club we all love, as you can see from this video update.

We hope you choose to renew your season ticket very soon and join us for this exciting new chapter at Port Vale FC.

Ticket Office"

Can you believe it folks? Btw I've not renewed just yet, as all I can see coming up is a relegation season, I think Norman is full of bull poo and we'll see a cheap lesser no mark manager followed by make do/survive players assembled on a much lower budget and I'm not forking out until I see differently - given that sales are down 50% from last year (Norman has said so) then many other have clearly followed.

I'm waiting to be convinced otherwise from Norman but sadly to date, actions always speak louder than words... And he's full of words so far!

Over and out

In fairness, there is nothing else but words for a couple more weeks - and nobody who takes the time to think hard about it wants this massive decision about a manager rushed.

So all we can really do is keep an open mind, and be patient. Time will tell if we have been fed propaganda or if there is an exciting new era about to start, but let's be optimistic and hope that it is the latter and a bit of patience pays off.

The email is a good sign, even if it is a modest one, it shows things are moving in the right direction - as for getting a season ticket or waiting that has to be a decision for ach individual.

It must always be remembered that for a few the amount required is not making too much of a dent whilst for others it is a big outlay that means other sacrifices in some cases, and the decision is not just as simple as whether we get a high profile manager or not.

Hello all,

I'm not forking out until I see differently - given that sales are down 50% from last year (Norman has said so) then many other have clearly followed.

Over and out

I'm not sure you're correct about being 50% down on renewals. i'm sure I read that we'd shifted 2k by last night, so I doubt we had 4k last season.

How can you foresee a relegation season before you know who the manager and players are? Do you really think that players of the calibre of Purkiss and Grant will form part of a bottom-four side?

To be fair it's a completely pathetic excuse not to have a season ticket. Having one usually means you want to go to the Vale quite a lot, & for something as minor as not being able to pay on card to put you off....*what*

It takes literally minutes to go to a cash point & get go back, there's one 200~ metres down the road. Or, like Nelly says, if you're going to pay in instalments, just save it up in an account & then pay in full just before the season starts. I did mine over the phone & it took 30 seconds.

It does seem odd that a business dont want the money... except cash... in any other business it would ring alarm bells
completly agree Geo, I've said on previous threads, one would think it better to pay on card because there would be less cash on the premesis and also would mean less of a charge from someone like securicor to take the cash away.

Hello all,

"Dear Valued Supporter,

Ticket Office"

Over and out

I reckon I wont be getting one of these reminders as I am one of the many who stopped buying season tickets several years ago and it wil take a hell of a change to get me to waste my hard earned again

Archived