onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 3 - Crewe Alex 0

Caz or caz123

Advert

So the highlights don't show me the ones my 4 year old could have saved? Did u see the one at Shrewsbury? I reckon your gonna say the best keeper in the world wouldn't have saved that are u?

Of course I saw the one at Shrewsbury - I was there! Did you see the one Neal let in at his near post at Peterborough? All keepers make mistakes but it doesn't mean they are rubbish. It just means they've made a mistake. I could pick up every mistake you make in your posts but it would be pointless because the bigger picture is, whether your spelling and grammar are correct or not, you just continue to talk utter rubbish. In my opinion.

I see your point but the fact he had a good start so most of us thought he was a real find but since he's had no competition he's been awful and cost us loads of points and I for one now feel we have a ropey keeper between the sticks. Jak has never been able claim a cross or command his area but his positioning and shot saving were really good but now that's gone to pot what are we left with?

Of course I saw the one at Shrewsbury - I was there! Did you see the one Neal let in at his near post at Peterborough? All keepers make mistakes but it doesn't mean they are rubbish. It just means they've made a mistake. I could pick up every mistake you make in your posts but it would be pointless because the bigger picture is, whether your spelling and grammar are correct or not, you just continue to talk utter rubbish. In my opinion.

No point replying to him, he gets far too much attention for the crap he spouts recently, Alnwick in the top 3 players of the season for me, easy. Apparently he can spot a terrible player from his armchair watching the highlights though.

I don't get why anyone would listen to somebody's opinion on a player when they admittedly don't even go to the game. Probably rings up RS to tell them how bad a player sounded & how they should be dropped...

The mistake Neal made at Peterborough was not as bad as the one Alnwick made at Shrewsbury, he was at fault for one maybe two goals against Burton, at fault against Barnsley for their goal and at Chesterfield his inability to command his area from set plays resulted in another two goals coming as a result. You could have had Sam Johnson in goal yesterday and we would have kept a clean sheet. For me we are going to be letting the best keeper we have had since Musselwhite go and I feel he has been treated really harsly.

I think it's a money thing with Neal, we all know the budget is being cut and although Page knows Neal is the better keeper he's obviously decided he can save money in that position with what he believes is an adequate replacement in Jak but at the moment it looks like it's backfired..

I think it's a money thing with Neal, we all know the budget is being cut and although Page knows Neal is the better keeper he's obviously decided he can save money in that position with what he believes is an adequate replacement in Jak but at the moment it looks like it's backfired..

It's clearly a money thing,

But the only choice was the younger keeper who has potential and is already contracted next season.

Alnwick has been without any doubt one of our 3 best players over the whole season. I'm not worried in the slightest about him being number one next season.

Just recently I have started to become nervous when Alnwick has been in goal, such as when balls are crossed into the box, even yesterday when Crwho put balls into the box for Haber I felt like they would score due to his inability to command his box. However, I do think he's a fantastic young keeper, who no doubt in the future will bring us some decent money in when he leaves!

Lately he has looked a bit nervy on crosses into the box but I suppose he is allowed a few dodgy spells as he's done well all season and we did keep a clean sheet on Saturday.

It can't be easy playing behind a changing central defence and one that isn't dominant in the air. Duffy, Inniss, Streete & McGivern have all had a go at various stages of the season and only Inniss for me is a really good header of a ball. I guess if you're a Vale keeper you don't know whether to stick or twist. And Alnwick was very impressive earlier in the season, at places like WBA. I'm happy to cut him a bit of slack.

How has Johnson done at Halifax? Are we to assume that he'll get released and we'll go with Jak and Ryan next year? I have never seen Ryan play!

I saw Ryan Boot play the second half at Alty in pre-season, when he came out at half time to do a proper warm up was the point I knew that Page had run out of patience with Johnson.

Arguably we should look at giving him one or two games before the end of the season.

A good win against the worst side i have seen this season, i did say that on the first game though! A game we should have won.

Whilst we have players like Kelly and AJ in the side though we wont ever break into that top 6. We need a forward and a decent winger, them pair gave the ball away virtually every touch and it was no suprise to see them hauled off, finally Page is seeing the light.

All in all, a pretty decent season, if we can ship some deadwood out and replace it with 2-3 quality players we might have a better crack at next season. Shoring up our defence with a solid (regularly fit!) centre back and a 15+ goal scorer and we arent that far away.

Also its a shame Byron Moore doesnt play against Crewe every week as he seems to up his game when he faces them.

Archived