onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Peterborough 2 Port Vale 3, Post match delirium

Fosse69

I do think that Page deserves so much credit.

Practically every player signed pre-season has been a resounding success

The existing squad have also improved (although Duffy seems to be sliding back)

He seems to be learning from his mistakes

He's conducted himself superbly in the face of the chairman's bizarre and destructive comments and behaviour

Team spirit seems to be superb

His willingness to share out the praise when we get great results like today

The way he goes out of his way to look after his players

Best home form in decades

I think we need to get him on a longer contract. I think the majority of teams in this league would be quite happy to have him as their manager.

Agreed, although he did start with Theo today who again offered nothing & didn't gell at all with Dodds

Advert

For those that didn't go and yet slagged off the team and manager at half time, here is a snippet from the Posh forum....

tonyp wrote:

what will SuperPosh have to say?

It was men against boys tony...and the big strong physical and well organised men of port Vale were far too good for the mentally and physically weak boys of Peterborough.

We actually called the game at half time. ..saying that if they scored the next goal they'd win it..and how right we were...you could see it a mile off.

Their no 42 (Grant) was the best player on the pitch by a country mile and he ran the show...They were a team full of six footers and they over powered us at will...Only Bostwick offered any resistance.

We may get away with relegation this season. .we may not. ..but unless there's changes in our transfer policy and style of play, we'll continue to struggle in a big boys league like league one.

I saw it a few months ago I felt the lads were playing well but the ball wasn't dropping for us and we were drawing games we deserved win and losing games narrowly we didn't deserve lose.

The last 9 games of the season couldn't be more looked forwards to and that is down to page and all the players ,well done to them let the praise continue its well deserved.

Ifs and buts, but if AJ had scored at Oldham, and looking at the table more importantly beaten Bradford who were a goal and a man down, we would be right in the mix !
and if we had scored the 2 pens against Peterborough.

Got back late last night so here's my thoughts.

A truly woeful first half from vale in which we created literally nothing and defended really poorly, completely dominated for the whole half. Both goals were very sloppy and they could have had a couple more with some very poor defending. Neal should have saved the second goal and IMO really isn't at the level of Alnwick. As for Inniss I think it's time to forget about him. It's becoming far to consistent now. 2/3 games stretchered off for months, time to move on, wasn't very good yesterday before the injury.

Second half somehow was the complete opposite. Players who did nothing in the first half suddenly woke up and controlled the game. Oconnor and grant controlled the middle and foley and Dodds were both excellent and found space. Moore was very good also but should have scored a second with the score at 2-1. The game changed with hooper though, those slagging a young lad off on here every week when he only gets 20/30 mins should wake up. The lad has talent, lovely header for the goal nearly had another and completely bossed their defence and won us the game. Robinson wasn't too bad in the first half either. Kelly was once again very dangerous from the bench. To be fair all 3 subs were brilliant. McGivern was much better than Inniss and played excellent. Still going forward I don't want him and Duffy at the back, judging by yesterday it's clear which one would be dropped. Anyway brilliant last 5 mins which deserved, a bonus 3 points IMO that really keeps us in it. Get down on Saturday and back the lads come on vale!!!!!

Excellent result. 'You cannot change what is over but only where you go'. Next challenge is Burton. In my opinion they are a highly efficient team - better than the sum of its parts. But we do have better players and if we play well with discipline at the back we can win and continue the push.

Up to 9th now...playoff places anyone? :D

:upthevale:

It's oh so tight and could swing anyway. I think there will be loads of toing & froing over the next few weeks and the teams who can be consistent will be there at the end--hope we're one of them! The only reservation I have, is that teams like Walsall & Coventry after a bad run, appear to have 'woken up' and of all the teams around us we have the weaker goal difference stats.

Let's not get too critical tonight,as it was a tremendous fightback.A bit of praise would be nice for a change.Oh! Smurf please......sh!sh!sh!:yes:

Presumably the chairman wasn't there as he's across the Atlantic, maybe it was his absence that inspired the lads?

Archived