onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

NLV turn down a place on the board

Twitters

Sorry but NLV if they didn't want it should have said so at the start and not now they can't deliver.

I really fear for for Port Vale - if the current lot are bad at delivery, what does the anti boards movement on delivery say.

We have too many people all creating groups and getting a bit of media attention, but no one actually delivers when it matters.

Marky, have you understood nothing about this at all? The directors offered NLV a seat on the Board. They said it was done to help unite the fans. They said, I'm believe, that the £50K would not be a problem. NLV agreed to discuss the details of the offer with the Board and found that matters were far from how they seemed.

If NLV had turned down the offer straight away, it would have given the Board the chance to say "well we tried to offer a chance for the fans to be heard and they turned it down". So NLV took the Board at their word (big mistake it appears) and entered into negotiations. It appears that the terms of the offer were totally different and far more demanding from the circumstances surround Micky Adams' elevation to the Board. Why??? Reading the press release from NLV shows that for reasons best known to themselves the club threatened them with legal action?? What on earth was all that about?

Marky you really need to open your eyes to what is going on here. Every time the "anti-Board lot" try to deliver something they are obstructed. NLV, Mark Sims, Sims/Chaudry 24.9% each etc etc. You really should be able to work things out by now.

Advert

Sorry but NLV if they didn't want it should have said so at the start and not now they can't deliver.

I really fear for for Port Vale - if the current lot are bad at delivery, what does the anti boards movement on delivery say.

We have too many people all creating groups and getting a bit of media attention, but no one actually delivers when it matters.

Can't you read? Do you not have any problem with the double standards your beloved board employ? Mickey is sponsored onto the board, Malcolm Hirst has to buy £50k worth of shares, how can you condone or justify such actions?

Can I PLEASE ask people to attack the argument NOT the individual. Comments such as "you're stupid" add nothing to the debate. We are happy to have comments from both sides of the argument on this, but to do so does mean that both sides have to argue their case WITHOUT recourse to personal insults.

Thank you!

The offer was made pending discussions. This is where the details would be sorted out. I'm sorry but I agree the board have not got the funds to take us forward, however all these people forcing change are just letting everyone down as well.

Look at the EGM line again - building up hope and then let everyone down. I bet the board would put forward new directors themselves if this is called and let us "all" (shareholders) elect them back on. I think the chance has been and gone doing it this way - now the board just need to decide to sell up, to move us on.

NLV never solicited a place on the board. It was offered to them out of the blue at the EGM and they have done their best to enter into meaningful dialogue and try and work with the club rather than take an immediately hostile stance.

There appears to have been no real collective desire on the part of the board and Deakin for NLV to take their place - it seems to have been nothing more than a PR stunt.

If the board genuinely wanted to give a seat on the board to a representative from a supporters' group, they would have done more to facilitate the £50,000 share qualification. They failed to put up a sponsor or allow more than one sponsor to pool their shares to allow NLV on the board.

I also believe that the board's stance towards NLV has been cold and, at times, hostile. The new era that was talked about in the immediate aftermath of the EGM was nothing more than hot air.

In spite of losing a vote of no confidence, The Three Amigos genuinely believe that they have a mandate to carry on regardless exactly as they were.

If Micky Adams has not purchased new shares or signed guarantees then I expect him to be removed from the board as the clubs lawyers state publicly that it is necessary. Either the club are lying and are up to there scum bs tricks again, or the club is breaking the law.

I can't see a way out of this impasse now. The board are dug in and the only way they will go is via Admin or choice, so Admin it is then (not that this is what i want)

My sentiments exactly, its very, very sad but we have reached the 'by any means necessary' stage:(

Archived