onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sun 8th Nov 2015, FAC1 Port Vale v Maidenhead, pre-match comments, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

Here you have the definition of OVF negativity.

"I'm not looking forward to this" - why? You can see the Vale play in the FA Cup for £12.00

"A tough match" - why will it be? And if it is, aren't they the best ones?

"Will probably lack any form of quality" ..... like the Burnley, Doncaster, Wigan and Sheffield games?

I would actually ask.....why do you bother going with that mind-set?

**** off you great big whopper!

Wright has scored a few this season too.

Not sure of Tarpey's age but he scored 22 last season from the left wing.....maybe worth keeping an eye on if young enough

... he's 26 now, I think. Possibly not one for our development department at that age, but if he's good enough, then you never know... though it is a huge leap from their league to ours.

I agree with you.

We've got to play uche in Sunday. If he's a part of our best starting eleven then he's gotta come straight back in.

It could be one of the biggest two games of the season in trying to get to the third round and then pull a glamour tie.

It'll be tough Sunday against a side who will run all day and start brightly I'd imagine. It's up to us to hold the ball and pass it like we did early in season and we will have to much for them.

If we don't do that then.......

Run all day,on our pitch?

Lets face it, it is the ideal draw. I would much prefer these at home as opposed to MK Dons at home like we got last year.

We have a good home record.

These are 3 levels below us.

They havent made the 2nd round in 128 years.

A win is what i expect and a comfortable one at that. Then we can look forward to, hopefully, another very winnable match in the 2nd round.

A draw and it isnt all doom and gloom as i suspect we would be on tv in the replay.

A defeat, the unthinkable really, and Page will surely be getting his p45.

Love the FA Cup a great leveller where the big guns get turned over by what the big clubs supporters would say the minnows .

Goes without saying this competition is extremely important to Vale and every game our players no matter who they face need to be at it .

I'd like welcome Maidenhead, have a great day ( not to great on the pitch but off it hope u get treated with the utmost respect ).

Wouldn't u just love it if the Vale got Newcastle ,Man utd or City third round away .

That would be just the financial rewards though and it just goes show what's wrong with the game when your FA Cup exploits make or break your season .

Wonder if the players know the importance of it ,a cup run .

Thing little then u be little .

Come on Vale deliver in every round ,if Bradford can do it why the hell can't we .

We can

Utv

The team well I c no reason change it for a player who was daft enough get himself sent off in front a very good away following at Burton .

Lets face it, it is the ideal draw. I would much prefer these at home as opposed to MK Dons at home like we got last year.

We have a good home record.

These are 3 levels below us.

They havent made the 2nd round in 128 years.

A win is what i expect and a comfortable one at that. Then we can look forward to, hopefully, another very winnable match in the 2nd round.

A draw and it isnt all doom and gloom as i suspect we would be on tv in the replay.

A defeat, the unthinkable really, and Page will surely be getting his p45.

Agree there Paul,as a very similar situation to a certain John Rudge v Macclesfield.Up popped Finney and the rest is glorious history under the great JR!!!

Given that the quickest way to get big gate games and cash from television is the FA cup do we believe that the necessary conversation has been had between smurf and page and indeed the players and concequenses should they not deliver. Or will will we play it by chance and berate the missing two thousand stay always as usual.

Archived