onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sun 8th Nov 2015, FAC1 Port Vale v Maidenhead, pre-match comments, the match itself.

Fosse69

But we always run that risk, until he picks up that last booking and serves his suspension?

I agree with you.

We've got to play uche in Sunday. If he's a part of our best starting eleven then he's gotta come straight back in.

It could be one of the biggest two games of the season in trying to get to the third round and then pull a glamour tie.

It'll be tough Sunday against a side who will run all day and start brightly I'd imagine. It's up to us to hold the ball and pass it like we did early in season and we will have to much for them.

If we don't do that then.......

Advert

page can you try some thing else goalkeeper taking goal kick at the moment all the players go over to one side of the pitch get them to spread out more area for the keeper to aim for and can alter at each goal kick a few signals like they do at corner kicks tells the outfield players where he is going to put the ball. when the away team have corners leave one or two players on the half way line or one there and one half way between the penalty box and half way line this would mean they would have to leave three or four players back to mark them this would leave only five players to mark with our nine remaining players.

page can you try some thing else goalkeeper taking goal kick at the moment all the players go over to one side of the pitch get them to spread out more area for the keeper to aim for and can alter at each goal kick a few signals like they do at corner kicks tells the outfield players where he is going to put the ball. when the away team have corners leave one or two players on the half way line or one there and one half way between the penalty box and half way line this would mean they would have to leave three or four players back to mark them this would leave only five players to mark with our nine remaining players.

Now take a breath.

I'm sure Page knows the basics - that's why he's managing at all, let alone at this level. I trust him to do what's necessary for us to progress.

Now take a breath.

I'm sure Page knows the basics - that's why he's managing at all, let alone at this level. I trust him to do what's necessary for us to progress.

stick with the tried and trusted then no need to try any thing different what's the point of having training if you are not going to try some thing different each game

Problem with goal kicks is we only generally have 1 player who can win a header (Saturday was Daniel), so obviously we're going to aim for him every time. Kicking it to AJLS or Dodds is just counterproductive every time.

Problem with goal kicks is we only generally have 1 player who can win a header (Saturday was Daniel), so obviously we're going to aim for him every time. Kicking it to AJLS or Dodds is just counterproductive every time.

The thing for me is, at the start of the season (against Crewe) all we did is play it out from the back. It was Alnnick to Streete every time.

Now I'm not saying we should do this instead (Carlisle really put themselves under pressure by doing it every time) but we should really look to change it up. For example, if we had defenders dropping back we can either play it short OR when the opposition starts to push forward expecting the short ball, we can hit it long. There would be more space up the pitch for our bigger players to have more chance of winning the ball and then feeding it to a team mate.

The best distribution I've seen is when Purkiss pulls wide into space and we play a cross ball over to him. We just need to be a bit more inventive.

The thing for me is, at the start of the season (against Crewe) all we did is play it out from the back. It was Alnnick to Streete every time.

Now I'm not saying we should do this instead (Carlisle really put themselves under pressure by doing it every time) but we should really look to change it up. For example, if we had defenders dropping back we can either play it short OR when the opposition starts to push forward expecting the short ball, we can hit it long. There would be more space up the pitch for our bigger players to have more chance of winning the ball and then feeding it to a team mate.

The best distribution I've seen is when Purkiss pulls wide into space and we play a cross ball over to him. We just need to be a bit more inventive.

I agree with you tbh, I'd like to see us build from the back more generally. Our better football has come when we've done this imo.

it's like I said if the players spread out a bit it will open up the area around the half way line for players to head ,chest, trap, the ball and play it to a college not all teams have ten outfield players that head the ball but if the ball goes into same area all the time the best header will get it nine out of ten times.

Here you have the definition of OVF negativity.

"I'm not looking forward to this" - why? You can see the Vale play in the FA Cup for £12.00

"A tough match" - why will it be? And if it is, aren't they the best ones?

"Will probably lack any form of quality" ..... like the Burnley, Doncaster, Wigan and Sheffield games?

I would actually ask.....why do you bother going with that mind-set?

page does week in week out:razz:

I don't know about the quality bit but Maidenhead are going great guns in their own league and have got a few big lads in their side by all accounts.

It's the sort of game where we've got a lot to lose and I can see them trying to make it awkward for us.

The guys who I have talked to are an absolutely cracking, knowledgable and passionate bunch and are really looking forward to the entire day's experience including meeting Vale fans and visiting Vale Social and the Bulls Head amongst my other recommendations!

They have sold 179 tickets so far and expect a following of 300 to 350 which isn't half bad considering their home average is 400.

It seems winger Tarpey is their main danger man.

My mate watched their game in the last round and said the same. Also said they were big at the back and dangerous in the air.

Probably wouldn't pick Uche for this one as he's just playing into their hands. It's unlikely they'll have centre-halves that are strong in the air and good on the ground. Keep the ball on the floor and work it round them like we did to Shrewsbury. And be good defending set pieces.

This will be tough. And I hate us playing Sunday afternoons :)

Archived