onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Uwe Rosler

Advert

Yes found out in a league above after doing brilliantly in this league. I'm still backing page but his time is running out, for you to say you'd never go the vale again just if we sacked the manager is a complete load of ********.

I didn't get the argument the Rosler did brilliantly in this league. He had 3 (I think) seasons at Brentford, failed to get them promoted despite having a huge budget, and the guy who replaced him got them up at the first attempt (unless my memory is playing tricks on me, which is possible!)

Every time we suffer a loss there are screams to sack the manager, sack the backroom staff, sack the cat, football clubs run in this manner travel one way......down. Get behind Rob page, think about and understand some of the issues facing RP, Smurf and the Vale and show some empathy not give constant knee jerk reaction.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/uwe-rosler-says-brentford-must-use-riches-to-keep-hungry-kids-8469398.html

look up any articles from around that year, or when rosler was there, n youll find out they did have a decent budget, you only have to look at the players they had, george is right, he didnt get them promoted in three attempts, but mark warburton did, in one, would love to see facts and evidence of rosler promotion, trophy record etc???? whats this big obsession with him??? think people should just accept we are an average league one side, and not looking at the door of relegation like last season.

If we sack Page i will never attend again, give the man a chance. Rosler has been found wanting in his last two jobs with much bigger resources than we have.

To be fair to Rosler, he only had 12 games at Leeds. Hardly much of a chance to make your mark. But this is Leeds, right? His record was W2 D6 L4, which I think isn't actually that bad given everything that is going on there. While Cellino is still running the club (officially or not), there will be instability.

Rosler also got Wigan to the Championship play-off semi-finals in his first season there, but the second season was not good with a record of W3 D7 L7 before being sacked.

However, I think it is fair to say that Rosler's stock is not as high as it was. But I still think he'd be looking for bigger jobs than the Vale and I'm not sure why people think he would do a good job anyway. If Page got sacked (unlikely), then I'd look at Hasselbaink. Doing a good job on a tight budget, with almost a 60% win rate.

To be fair to Rosler, he only had 12 games at Leeds. Hardly much of a chance to make your mark. But this is Leeds, right? His record was W2 D6 L4, which I think isn't actually that bad given everything that is going on there. While Cellino is still running the club (officially or not), there will be instability.

Rosler also got Wigan to the Championship play-off semi-finals in his first season there, but the second season was not good with a record of W3 D7 L7 before being sacked.

However, I think it is fair to say that Rosler's stock is not as high as it was. But I still think he'd be looking for bigger jobs than the Vale and I'm not sure why people think he would do a good job anyway. If Page got sacked (unlikely), then I'd look at Hasselbaink. Doing a good job on a tight budget, with almost a 60% win rate.

quite rightly so, theres as good, if better managers in this league....

hasslebaink

keith hill

justin edinburgh

micky mellon

all managers working on tight budgets

bar leeds roslers had money to work with

Every time we suffer a loss there are screams to sack the manager, sack the backroom staff, sack the cat, football clubs run in this manner travel one way......down. Get behind Rob page, think about and understand some of the issues facing RP, Smurf and the Vale and show some empathy not give constant knee jerk reaction.

Leave the cat alone its not his fault that ****** big dog takes the limelight every Saturday!

The football at home under Page is light years better than under Adams with great results against the likes of Wigan, Sheffield Utd, even Burnley. However, the away performances are very worrying as we have only picked up 5 points, including a very lucky one at Swindon, and losing four of the seven league games by the odd goal, some against teams that we should be getting results against if we want to remain mid-table. Surely, the manager must know that his tactics away from home are not working and need to change. We also desperately need a striker, yet we pinch a player (Hooper) from under another club's nose in Cheltenham then can't be bothered to play him. Why sign him if he ain't up to it, we need a goalscorer now not next season.

quite rightly so, theres as good, if better managers in this league....

hasslebaink

keith hill

justin edinburgh

micky mellon

all managers working on tight budgets

bar leeds roslers had money to work with

Indeed. High profiles count for nothing. Look at Edinburgh at Newport and compare results with the higher profiled Terry Butcher. Neil Lennon is another one. Title after title at Celtic with an almost 70% win rate. Now he's being found out at Bolton, with a 27% win rate.

Indeed. High profiles count for nothing. Look at Edinburgh at Newport and compare results with the higher profiled Terry Butcher. Neil Lennon is another one. Title after title at Celtic with an almost 70% win rate. Now he's being found out at Bolton, with a 27% win rate.

thankyou, exactly, and as vantaavale says rosler is not the answer, move on, if you wanna watch rosler football follow him on twitter and the next club he manages go and watch them and report how much better it is apparantly than vale :encouragement:

The real elephant in the room is that Smurf had to cut the budget as income fell due to poor attendances and poor cup runs.

I struggle to blame Page, we pass the ball far better under Adams and all the duff players we moan about are largely Adams signings.

The real problem has been replacing Pope. We don't have the money to do that and Page has to take gambles. The Uche loan has worked but the other guys are not league 1 strikers.

Wigan have Grant Holt back for heavens sake!

Archived