onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Uwe Rosler

Great idea! Let's have a new manager every 6 months. All the best sides do that don't they??

Come off it fella. If we did have Rosler I'm pretty sure you still wouldn't attend games and no doubt you'd find something to moan about.

We are a mid table side, we're gonna have inconsistencies. Things aren't going to happen over night.

I'm a season ticket holder, I actually go the games and I'm optimistic.

See you at Burton.

Advert

I'm

Yes I was delighted with the Performances v Burnley, West Brom, Doncaster, Wigan, Sheff Utd.

And yes I was there last night.

But then I won't disapeer after a good performance, but then reappear and start sticking knives in the blokes back, just because we've lost a game.

I ask again, tell me a Manager in the world who could change a game with the bench we have??

Now OK the retained list is down to Page. However unless you expect Smurf to find a new manager, as well as an open cheque book, then even the top ****** manager in Europe wouldn't be able to transform our performances.

The Bench is of Page's making he re signed the dross up

Yes I was delighted with the Performances v Burnley, West Brom, Doncaster, Wigan, Sheff Utd.

And yes I was there last night.

But then I won't disapeer after a good performance, but then reappear and start sticking knives in the blokes back, just because we've lost a game.

I ask again, tell me a Manager in the world who could change a game with the bench we have??

Now OK the retained list is down to Page. However unless you expect Smurf to find a new manager, as well as an open cheque book, then even the top ****** manager in Europe wouldn't be able to transform our performances.

Look, I've been the first one to offer praise for the change in football. For the most part, the home games have been very entertaining. However, can you honestly say that Pages failure / stubbornness to change things when there are obvious deficiencies is not doing your head in? We have now conceded goals from set plays - and I included penalties in that - in the last TEN games I believe! And in that time, to the best of my knowledge, we've scored two - namely Dodds vs Wigan and Foley's penalty at Fleetwood. Our away form has been dreadful. Have we even won a midweek game under Page? I go back to a previous point....we are employing a performance coach a la rugby but why isn't he picking up these things and coming up with ways to address them?? Otherwise we are wasting a salary that could be used for a striker. And I've not even mentioned the retained list or use of Birchall, Hooper, Campion, Deen-Conteh etc yet....

Like a league 2 Liverpool we have a young manager who showed potential, changed our style of play, occasionally threatened the top of the league, but in earnest was mediocre.

We have an owner with ambition that has funded us but that funding was squandered.

And now there is the shadow of an

Eccentric German manager looming on the horizon.

Look what happened at Liverpool for the way forward.

Like a league 2 Liverpool we have a young manager who showed potential, changed our style of play, occasionally threatened the top of the league, but in earnest was mediocre.

We have an owner with ambition that has funded us but that funding was squandered.

And now there is the shadow of an

Eccentric German manager looming on the horizon.

Look what happened at Liverpool for the way forward.

Well, as we're apparently adopting the same defensive tactics that Barcelona used to win the UCL when I comes to defending corners, why not follow Liverpool's example??

Wether we like it or not we are stuck with Page till at least the end of the season. I never wanted Page to be kept on as manager but I am backing him and hoping he can improve the performances on the pitch. He is still very in experienced but will hopefully improve as time goes by. With the squad he has survival in this division was always going to be the target, is this down to him or Smurf I don't know but I certainly point the finger at smurf for keeping Page and offering him a 2 year contract after our awful last 13 games last season. Smurf has done fantastic things for the club and put his hands deep into his pockets but some of his decision making has been awful to say the least.

Wether we like it or not we are stuck with Page till at least the end of the season. I never wanted Page to be kept on as manager but I am backing him and hoping he can improve the performances on the pitch. He is still very in experienced but will hopefully improve as time goes by. With the squad he has survival in this division was always going to be the target, is this down to him or Smurf I don't know but I certainly point the finger at smurf for keeping Page and offering him a 2 year contract after our awful last 13 games last season. Smurf has done fantastic things for the club and put his hands deep into his pockets but some of his decision making has been awful to say the least.

I don't disagree.

Interestingly, I wonder if the likes of Gillingham, Walsall, Burton and Bury all went into the season with the aim of simply surviving. Just a thought....

I don't disagree.

Interestingly, I wonder if the likes of Gillingham, Walsall, Burton and Bury all went into the season with the aim of simply surviving. Just a thought....

The first priority of most clubs in any league is survival, 50 points is usually enough in L1, however seasons last a long time, some teams fade, others gel, injuries and transfers affect things, we will have to wait and see.

If we sack Page i will never attend again, give the man a chance. Rosler has been found wanting in his last two jobs with much bigger resources than we have.

Yes found out in a league above after doing brilliantly in this league. I'm still backing page but his time is running out, for you to say you'd never go the vale again just if we sacked the manager is a complete load of ********.

Archived