onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"£2.5 million rated Andoh"

Jacko51

Are you saying we were wrong to force Bratt and his cronies out? If so then I despair. The point I made was that it costs a lot of money to own a club outright as Smurf does and it needs financing and the buck stops with the owner

Don't you think I would love to own the Vale but I'm a realist and my pockets are nowhere deep enough.

Of course I wanted those bar stewards out.What are your suggestions to bring more income into the club?As far as I know the club is debt free and in a higher division than when Norman took over.Is that with his money or from gate money?(better playing squad).Commercial activities are getting better.Planning permission for flats and upgrading of facilities (Railway)are in the pipeline.How much has Peter Coates personally put into Stoke this season?I'll tell you ,**** all.A football club ,like any other business,has to be run as self financing,that means income has to be equal or better than outgoings.Very difficult in a football club to do,I agree,with the ridiculous amount of money spent on wages on players.I think your pockets are well deep enough OS.:razz:

Advert

I personally absolutely think he has' date=' as Howjy said who has put more money into the club than him, who has consistently blown the budget wide apart?[/quote']

Think he has what?

I would suggest the supporters, over the years, have put more into the club than smurf could ever do... Im not being critical of what he has invested just his constant reminders of what he has invested with the added kicker of "now its your turn"

Think he has what?

I would suggest the supporters, over the years, have put more into the club than smurf could ever do... Im not being critical of what he has invested just his constant reminders of what he has invested with the added kicker of "now its your turn"

I can't see that Geo, personally I've supported the club for over 30 years and even taking into account the shares I've purchased I very much doubt the club itself has benefitted from more than a thousand pounds a season from me at an extreme guesstimate taking into account STs, shares, club shop purchases, etc.

I can't see that Geo' date=' personally I've supported the club for over 30 years and even taking into account the shares I've purchased I very much doubt the club itself has benefitted from more than a thousand pounds a season from me at an extreme guesstimate taking into account STs, shares, club shop purchases, etc.[/quote']

1K per year for 30 year X by an average of 5,000 people = 150M

Is it debt free Howjy, or just in debt to one creditor? I find it hard to believe Mr Smurthwaite has either recouped his outlay, or written it off.

I believe that the club IS debt free as Mr. Smurthwaite promised that it would be.

He has 'gifted' the club financies hoping to recoup some/all /more at a later date. Until then he is out of pocket and the club remains 'debt free'.

You can sit here moaning about it all day, the truth is. Norman knows what hes doing, maybe hes marketing the players like they dont have a long term deal but in reality they do?

We dont know what clauses there are in any of the contracts and its none of our business. How do you know there isnt a clause that allows us to extend their contract for a year?

Norman wont let Andoh leave for free. Hes a good businessman, he wont let his best assets leave for free.

As for andoh and alnwick, i agree we should sign them up.but look at it from smurfs point of view, and please feel free to correct me if i am wrong norman, if we sign up them now on two year contracts then next week they break a leg, wheres the money coming from to pay his and his replacements wages?from our 4500-5000 gates?it all boils down to gate reciepts.

The insurance ;)

1K per year for 30 year X by an average of 5,000 people = 150M

So therefore no one person has put more in than him.

If fans don't like him why don't they start a consortium and buy him out? We just need a fat tramp, a couple of lunatics and a Walsall scumbag and we'd be set! :laugh:

My point overall is that he's tried various things and nothing has tempted the fans. It's very easy for some to criticise but if you look at the start of this thread most of the posts laughed at Andoh's price tag and said they'd take him, one I'm sure said 100k etc and yet when the chairman concurs and says he may well be sold he's criticised.

I'd agree to protect his investment I'd have Enoch and Jak on longer contracts to protect the club's and most importantly the chairman's investment but that's his choice ultimately.

You can sit here moaning about it all day, the truth is. Norman knows what hes doing, maybe hes marketing the players like they dont have a long term deal but in reality they do?

We dont know what clauses there are in any of the contracts and its none of our business. How do you know there isnt a clause that allows us to extend their contract for a year?

Norman wont let Andoh leave for free. Hes a good businessman, he wont let his best assets leave for free.

Excellent post, point very, very well made.

So therefore no one person has put more in than him.

If fans don't like him why don't they start a consortium and buy him out? We just need a fat tramp, a couple of lunatics and a Walsall scumbag and we'd be set! :laugh:

My point overall is that he's tried various things and nothing has tempted the fans. It's very easy for some to criticise but if you look at the start of this thread most of the posts laughed at Andoh's price tag and said they'd take him, one I'm sure said 100k etc and yet when the chairman concurs and says he may well be sold he's criticised.

I'd agree to protect his investment I'd have Enoch and Jak on longer contracts to protect the club's and most importantly the chairman's investment but that's his choice ultimately.

Hypothetical of course, out of contract goalie, offered a chance to showcase himself would not seek a lot of money, but now other clubs (Maybe a league above) have seen him in action. Surely that would change his bargaining position, put him outside our reach? Not that I would not love him to stay.

Archived