onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"£2.5 million rated Andoh"

Jacko51

The method of communication is the key, either "spin" which keeps people thinking they are happy, or "off the cuff" which keeps people better informed but not so happy. Norman is sharing his difficulties, we cannot expect to know everything, indeed we knew very little even as shareholders. He has had plenty of advice on how to run the Vale, peoples opinions vary on that like most things. But increasing attendances and expanding other income streams is a slow process. A winning streak helps, another win tomorrow will help.

Whichever method is employed you dont have to tell people everything fosse

Advert

I think if you keep highlighting the negatives it becomes a drip drip situation it becomes the normal everything is negative and even positive things however big, get hidden,Port Vale Football Club doesnt seem to want to sell its self or highlight the positives,doesnt seem towant to advertise it self it cant understand why.

So let me be clear

As a fan you would rather read stuff which most of the time is not a true reflection of fact except scores etc so you feel upbeat and when it does not happen you had already forgotten as the latest buzz article is being run

I ask this because l am a black and white type of guy and only want to deal with facts which sadly do not always give people including myself a buzz but means no risk is attached to my actions etc

l am one man who most of the times only hears what you guys want want want...........

I on the other hand is happy to match the ambition of those around me

I am beginning to think price is a real issue so reduction in entry fee/ST would help attendance but of course will also reduce the budget

With that in mind clearly increasing our wage bill will not be an option

On the other hand tomorrows Sent could read

CHAIRMAN GOING FOR IT

At the end of the day I would rather you put prices up if it made us more successful, rather than have a full ground watching dross every week.

IF I have to miss a few games through it been too expensive but know that the team is playing out of its skin and going for Promotion then I'll happily miss a game or too. Surely that's better than being able to go every week but watching a side fighting against relegation.

Besides every time you have tried reducing the price its never worked and the gate has hardly increased.

Im sure if you started a thread titled.... "Tell me what you dont want" people would respond.

Top of my list.... I dont want to read/hear how much you have invested every week, sell me the product by all means but dont do it on the basis that you have spent X now its my turn.

Personally I want to hear people supporting the man who has rescued our club and facilitated success after 10+ years of heartache but it will never happen.

He tries discount tickets - they don't work.

He smashes the budget year after year - that doesn't work.

He tries to incentivise fans to come with the promise of exciting player signings - that doesn't work.

He continually listens to fans criticisms regarding facilities and acts on them - that doesn't work.

He uses realism and honesty - that doesn't work.

Too many people on here have the British mindset of jealousy and negativity to success rather than showing a positive mental attitude and encouraging success.

It's really, really sad and I worry for their state of mind in some cases.

I think if you keep highlighting the negatives it becomes a drip drip situation it becomes the normal everything is negative and even positive things however big, get hidden,Port Vale Football Club doesnt seem to want to sell its self or highlight the positives,doesnt seem towant to advertise it self it cant understand why.

Is it negativity or is it realism / honesty?

Personally I'd rather have honesty than being told 'we've never had it so good' as we were sold down the river.

Personally I want to hear people supporting the man who has rescued our club and facilitated success after 10+ years of heartache but it will never happen.

He tries to incentivise fans to come with the promise of exciting player signings - that doesn't work.

He continually listens to fans criticisms regarding facilities and acts on them - that doesn't work.

Too many people on here have the British mindset of jealousy and negativity to success rather than showing a positive mental attitude and encouraging success.

The sycophant returns!

People aren't questioning what Norman has done in general, it's the specific point regarding not offering contract extensions to a player/players who are possibly attracting interest and could potentially bring in a substantial sum of money. That was the blueprint Norman wanted for the club after all (which most also agree is model they like). In signing Enoch and Jak, the hard part was done to a degree, attracting good youn players with potential, to sign for the club, so why then not tie them down to contracts to protect the investment? I appreciate Norman wants to see a bit of willing from the fans, essentially an increase in attendances, but that isn't going to happen to the degree he wishes. The historical facts/figures have been posted time and again on here to support the contention the attendances we are getting now are what we have always had.

Of course, acknowledging the above doesn't fit with your agenda of having sly digs at Vale fans and people of Stoke on Trent at large.

Where have you been REP I'm glad you are back and helping me to exercise my old chuckle muscles. That's one thing owd Smurf fails to do with him its all moan and groan and look how I have saved your club you ungrateful lot.

I'm sorry but Smurf should have read the small print about buying a football club and why they are a money draining project which sadly the owner has to keep throwing money at. Football club attendances have never covered costs for decades. Money has to come from other sources if the owner isn't prepared to stump it up on his own.

Where have you been REP I'm glad you are back and helping me to exercise my old chuckle muscles. That's one thing owd Smurf fails to do with him its all moan and groan and look how I have saved your club you ungrateful lot.

I'm sorry but Smurf should have read the small print about buying a football club and why they are a money draining project which sadly the owner has to keep throwing money at. Football club attendances have never covered costs for decades. Money has to come from other sources if the owner isn't prepared to stump it up on his own.

I'm glad you are happy Owd, I just wish more were ;)

At the end of the day I would rather you put prices up if it made us more successful, rather than have a full ground watching dross every week.

IF I have to miss a few games through it been too expensive but know that the team is playing out of its skin and going for Promotion then I'll happily miss a game or too. Surely that's better than being able to go every week but watching a side fighting against relegation.

Besides every time you have tried reducing the price its never worked and the gate has hardly increased.

Increasing prices at the Vale has always led to a sharp decline in attendance and probably led to a decrease in revenue. IMO the walk up price is too high not only here but in all football and to change peoples habits into attending regularly they would have to be decreased for a sustained period to change peoples perception.

None of this makes any sense. Smurf says were a club looking to buy youngsters and move them on for a profit. That's fine but surely he's missing the whole point if we don't offer those players who seem to be worth decent amounts contracts. Take Alnwick for example, we get him on a two year deal if a club still wants to make a move they will have to pay, instead of us finding a talented keeper and then letting him go for nothing. The whole idea dosent make sense. Giving these players a bigger deal will only increase there final price, if of course they continue to impress.

I think you may find that Smurf is doing that.In the meantime,'Every little helps'.

I would estimate that he's put in more than any other person in Vale's history,but obviously he needs to keep digging into the bottomless pit and not to expect any backing from the supporters.People wanted Bellie out,he went.People wanted The Bratt Pack out,they went.Can we have some ******* peace at the club please.If not get your money out and do better.

The sycophant returns!

People aren't questioning what Norman has done in general, it's the specific point regarding not offering contract extensions to a player/players who are possibly attracting interest and could potentially bring in a substantial sum of money. That was the blueprint Norman wanted for the club after all (which most also agree is model they like). In signing Enoch and Jak, the hard part was done to a degree, attracting good youn players with potential, to sign for the club, so why then not tie them down to contracts to protect the investment? I appreciate Norman wants to see a bit of willing from the fans, essentially an increase in attendances, but that isn't going to happen to the degree he wishes. The historical facts/figures have been posted time and again on here to support the contention the attendances we are getting now are what we have always had.

Of course, acknowledging the above doesn't fit with your agenda of having sly digs at Vale fans and people of Stoke on Trent at large.

Sly dig at Vale fans includes therefore having a sly dig at myself? :laugh:

I agree the absolute logic is to give players like Andoh longer contracts to protect his investment first and foremost but for me he's simply trying to get a positive reaction in any way he can from the fanbase. With the chairman it's clear people need to follow his actions rather than words.

Anyway I will leave you to your name calling as you are clearly winning your argument in your own mind ;)

People support the club, as best they can and when they can.

Whatever he decides to try is up to him, its his money, his investment... If he thinks he can browbeat, shame or blackmail people into attending he hasnt got a clue what he is doing... he may have invested 3M.. so what... he bought a business on its ass and in administration with low average gates and suddenly because he has put his money into his business none existent people will suddenly appear... christ on a bike rep... we are on above average gates at the moment, we havent won anything, challenged for anything or even shown enough promise to threaten we can.... One thing alone wont increase the gate.

If he is going to cut the budget.... bring in exciting players [not just promise]... make the club self funding.... etc... get on with it, sell us the end product.

People support the club, as best they can and when they can.

Whatever he decides to try is up to him, its his money, his investment... If he thinks he can browbeat, shame or blackmail people into attending he hasnt got a clue what he is doing... he may have invested 3M.. so what... he bought a business on its ass and in administration with low average gates and suddenly because he has put his money into his business none existent people will suddenly appear... christ on a bike rep... we are on above average gates at the moment, we havent won anything, challenged for anything or even shown enough promise to threaten we can.... One thing alone wont increase the gate.

If he is going to cut the budget.... bring in exciting players [not just promise]... make the club self funding.... etc... get on with it, sell us the end product.

I personally absolutely think he has, as Howjy said who has put more money into the club than him, who has consistently blown the budget wide apart?

I think you may find that Smurf is doing that.In the meantime,'Every little helps'.

I would estimate that he's put in more than any other person in Vale's history,but obviously he needs to keep digging into the bottomless pit and not to expect any backing from the supporters.People wanted Bellie out,he went.People wanted The Bratt Pack out,they went.Can we have some ******* peace at the club please.If not get your money out and do better.

Are you saying we were wrong to force Bratt and his cronies out? If so then I despair. The point I made was that it costs a lot of money to own a club outright as Smurf does and it needs financing and the buck stops with the owner

Don't you think I would love to own the Vale but I'm a realist and my pockets are nowhere deep enough.

Archived