Burnley (H) lose

Gills (H) win

Swindon (A) lose

Doncaster (H) draw

Tough start.

Tough start?

Really?

Crewe. Gillingham. Doncaster. Swindon.

I actually think thats a kind start to the season.

If we expect to finish mid table we need to be looking at 6 points minimum there.

If we cant pick up anything from Crewe and Gillingham its time pack in because our season will only get harder.

Tough start?

Really?

If we expect to finish mid table we need to be looking at 6 points minimum there.

If we cant pick up anything from Crewe and Gillingham its time pack in because our season will only get harder.

We never turn up against Crewe, Gillingham have put together a decent squad, Doncaster owe us one and Swindon lol....

Tough start?

Really?

Yeah I think so.

Crewe - haven't turned up recently and a local game, which they will or usually rise to

Burnley - straight out the prem

Gills - strengthened considerably in pre season and more fancied this year

Doncaster - as above

Swindon - not as strong as last year but look at our recent record against them, how many goals have we conceded?

We had a disastrous start to last season, picking up only 5 points from our first 8 league games. We must do better than that this time around, we don't want to be playing catch up again so early on.

It's essential that we pick up a couple of wins early doors. Crewe away and Gillingham at home provide the ideal opportunity to do this imo.

Swindon away is always horrible one. A guaranteed defeat at the County Ground every time.:(

If we get two draws and 1 win in the first five games I'll think that's about as good a start we can realistically expect with five tough looking fixtures. Any more points than that will be a real bonus. I fear that being any more optimistic than that will only lead to a real let down, but of course, I hope to be proved wrong!

Yeah I think so.

Crewe - haven't turned up recently and a local game, which they will or usually rise to

Burnley - straight out the prem

Gills - strengthened considerably in pre season and more fancied this year

Doncaster - as above

Swindon - not as strong as last year but look at our recent record against them, how many goals have we conceded?

May as well pack in then.

It's a reasonable start and one we should relish if we really want to do better than the 'experts', bookies and pessimists think.

It's time we turned up at Crewe and there will certainly be goals but if we apply ourselves I see no reason why we can't get 3 points.

I would expect Burnley to be too good for us so as usual it's an early exit from the Cup.

Gills at home will not be easy but again, I think it's a game we can win.

Swindon is a non-game for us and it will be good to get it out of the way so early........nil poit.

Doncaster at home.....score draw.

so 7 points and out of the cup but early 'local' bragging rights and (almost) double points so not too bad a start.

Archived