Well done Mr Smurthwaite!

OakhillDave

In Lorne st there is an L shaped serving area. Towards the end of the season it was a joke only 2 staff on each section. Having come straight out at half time and joining the queue I got served with a pie and a pint exactly as the whistle blew for the second half to start.

There were still people behind me waiting to be served, goodness knows how many had lost the will to live and given up. As regards to whats on sale, yes a great debate. More importantly can we have more staff on the counters so the punters get the chance to buy it and you never know the club might make more money.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a recipe for 4 and 20 blackbirds baked in a pie?

What could be done on a hot sunny day food-wise? Not sure of demand for chaize salads. I suppose being Brits we're quite happy to eat hot food on hot days. :blush:

Jelly and ice cream.;)

I've been told that its going to be knocked down next year.Which would be a major flaw in your master plan.

Good info which I did not know. It needs knocking down. Well done smurf . So what are the plans to replace it with a venue.

The big decision is does smurf let a big chain own the pub. Wether spoons " the roy sproson" a flamin grill pub a hungry horse pubon a wacky ware house . All of which would jump at the chance to buy a plot free hold. Or does smurf take the very risky but very profitable stance of updating his venue to have real ale, great meals. Kids appeal and seven night entertainment. That can be done in house but would need a real and expensive expert to bring it to fruition. The salary of such a person would be in excess of 50k. Given smurfs inability to buy in expertise he would be better going for selling it to a chain.

And for the critiques of soft play centres yes indeed someone has spent 250k on a soft play on festival park with a return on investment in excess of five mil.

The golden rule, from a business perspective is simply not running out. Let's face it, people are used to the product being, how do I put this politely, inconsistent? Complete shat? Anyway the point is, a Wright's pie is nectar to those a couple of pints in and they'll get bought but they can't be if they run out.

Was it last year or the year beofre, they ran out of beer before half time on the first game of the season, when it was red hot. That is completely ridiculous for a product with such a long shelf life

J

The golden rule, from a business perspective is simply not running out. Let's face it, people are used to the product being, how do I put this politely, inconsistent? Complete shat? Anyway the point is, a Wright's pie is nectar to those a couple of pints in and they'll get bought but they can't be if they run out.

Was it last year or the year beofre, they ran out of beer before half time on the first game of the season, when it was red hot. That is completely ridiculous for a product with such a long shelf life

Probably one of the reasons we've blown the caterers out 12 months early.

Archived