onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Craig Davies

ollyandpatch

Advert

We are being told our manager has managed to spend his allocated budget without getting two strikers we need. We have a Chairman who has allowed him to do that and who now says we have no funds for any strikers. Please explain to me how in Gods name that is anything other than negative? Who will play up front and score the goals we will need, Chris Birchall? I don't post on here because I find the Smurthwaite love in pretty boring. It would seem I aren't the only one moaning about the striker situation. Still when we are bottom come Christmas having scored less than Stoke under Pulis, I dare say a few more may be moaning.

To be fair Tim(and you will see i have been having a moan at Smurf on this thread) i cant see us being bottom at Christmas because Smrf doesn't want that and would make the changes needed.Smurf shouldn't really of come on and said the budget is spent and left it at that,he should of added either that means we wont be able to bring any strikers in or it is spent BUT we will fund one or two strikers,that way we would know where we stand instead of everyone having digs at eachother

To be fair Tim(and you will see i have been having a moan at Smurf on this thread) i cant see us being bottom at Christmas because Smrf doesn't want that and would make the changes needed.Smurf shouldn't really of come on and said the budget is spent and left it at that,he should of added either that means we wont be able to bring any strikers in or it is spent BUT we will fund one or two strikers,that way we would know where we stand instead of everyone having digs at eachother
Karl, unless the other striker being considered is a 20 goal a season man I can see us seriously struggling. Leitch Smiths stats are worse than Williamsons!

Karl, unless the other striker being considered is a 20 goal a season man I can see us seriously struggling. Leitch Smiths stats are worse than Williamsons!

Dont get me wrong i wont be over the moon with that one tbh.....sooner have the likes of Henderson but looking at who have turned us down we sadly cant afford those kind of players

It's not just the people on OVF who don't see his many positives though. Page and more importantly Adams failed to see these positives, and I would take the assessment of them pair over the likes of Birchall.

You either have faith on Dodds or you don't. If you do have faith in Dodds you shouldn't be as worried about our options up top as you quite clearly are.

Louis Dodds is a good player in my opinion and Page has given him a 2 year deal with an extra year option.

Is he an out and out striker NO.

That is an excellent point
I've got faith in Chris Neal as well but I don't think that like Doddsie either will score a lot of goals because neither is a frontman.

But don't let that distract your constant sniping of anything and everything that I post.

The things I dislike are numerous and would be going over old ground but ALL are based on things he has said and done, no conspiracy. Positives, he bought us out of admin, the club shop, signed some decent players but has also lost some too. Other things he may have done but we aren't seeing the benefit of yet, if and when we do i'll add them to my positive list.

whooooopeeeeee.

I prefer to judge a player when he puts the shirt on and plays a few games before dissing him before he's kicked a ball for us always impressed at Crewe and they didn't want to lose him

You never know he's got to be better than Willo!

I work with a number of Crewe fans....they were never impressed with him....didn't score goals...and very happy to see him go.

They are finding this very amusing

Willo and Pope only managed 14 league goals between them last season, our defence and midfield has improved vastly. So why do we need a 20 goal a season striker all of a sudden? We haven't had one for the past 2 seasons

Pope would get us 15-18 goals in a full season if he played 50+ games.

The problem we now have is that we've lost our three top scorers all at once. Not one player but all three.

Marshall, BW and Pope.

Also remember we lost the likes of Loft and M-W the season before that, so we have effectively lost our 5 top scorers in the past 14 months.

The squad is now goal shy and desperately short of scorers. Moore and Dodds might get us 8-10 with a lot of luck but where are the other goals coming from? How are we going to score 60-70 goals at least?

It's a huge problem and needs addressing asap.

Archived