onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Craig Davies

ollyandpatch

Advert

One thing which does concern me slightly is the number of strikers we have been linked with, rightly or wrongly, who appear to have rejected us. The chairman himself admitted we were in for Williams and we had Bodin here who should have been a pull factor but he's gone elsewhere and much further away from home. Elliot (whether we wanted him or not) has gone to the Wombles and rumours suggest these aren't the the only ones to have turned us down.

Norman says one minute in the Sentinel that if we sell 3,300 STs we can bring in two "seasonal" strikers. The Sentinel reported at the weekend that we had all but reached that figure but now he is saying the budget is spent and we still haven't signed a striker. Now this may well be his idea of playing games with agents but it hardly helps those fans who are expecting some sort of movement in that area. I don't for one minute think we will go into the season without further reinforcements up front but Norman really shouldn't be making all these misleading statements which fans just take at face value. What exactly is the point of winding up your own fan base and getting them angry if that is indeed what he is doing???

One final point. Norman has until November to submit the first set of accounts we have seen from the club since 2010. We will then have a better idea of just exactly what has been spent and how healthy or otherwise the club is financially. I'm waiting till then before we can pass any sort of judgment on just exactly what is going on with budgets, turnover and the rest.

:clap:

I think it is because king smurf turned tims offer of help down concerning marketing as smurf knew better people for the job it's been constant negativity from Tim since

Then Smurf's a fool for not making Tim Director of Marketing and then having to spend years correcting all Tim's mistakes whilst at the same time removing the knives from his back :laugh:

What about Louis Dodds, your saviour. Surely if he starts most matches next season he will bang em in.

That's pretty much what you were saying last season.

The Good Lord is my only Saviour. ST6 but in regard to Louis Dodds yes with the right partner he would be a good option played as Tom Pope said just behind the frontmen.

I don't know why many on here don't rate Doddie when the likes of Popey and Birchall have been singing his praises and as they play and train with the guy I would accept there opinion rather than some on OVF who don't see his many positives.

Okay, if it's not a conspiracy, what is your specific problem with the chairman? Taking into account that no one is perfect. I'd also like to know five positive things you think Norman has done for the club
The things I dislike are numerous and would be going over old ground but ALL are based on things he has said and done, no conspiracy. Positives, he bought us out of admin, the club shop, signed some decent players but has also lost some too. Other things he may have done but we aren't seeing the benefit of yet, if and when we do i'll add them to my positive list.

The Good Lord is my only Saviour. ST6 but in regard to Louis Dodds yes with the right partner he would be a good option played as Tom Pope said just behind the frontmen.

I don't know why many on here don't rate Doddie when the likes of Popey and Birchall have been singing his praises and as they play and train with the guy I would accept there opinion rather than some on OVF who don't see his many positives.

It's not just the people on OVF who don't see his many positives though. Page and more importantly Adams failed to see these positives, and I would take the assessment of them pair over the likes of Birchall.

You either have faith on Dodds or you don't. If you do have faith in Dodds you shouldn't be as worried about our options up top as you quite clearly are.

I think it is because king smurf turned tims offer of help down concerning marketing las smurf knew better people for the job it's been constant negativity from Tim since
Perhaps you need to get your facts straight. I have commented negatively on the chairman since Paul Wildes left in May 2013. My offer of help on a specific project was given in November 2014 but I got no response, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

It's not just the people on OVF who don't see his many positives though. Page and more importantly Adams failed to see these positives, and I would take the assessment of them pair over the likes of Birchall.

You either have faith on Dodds or you don't. If you do have faith in Dodds you shouldn't be as worried about our options up top as you quite clearly are.

That is an excellent point

I thought Rob page had recently given Louis a 2 year contract. He obviously does see the positives. I think there was a Sentinel article saying that recently.
He also sees positives in Chris Birchall but I can't for the life of me see what they are

Then Smurf's a fool for not making Tim Director of Marketing and then having to spend years correcting all Tim's mistakes whilst at the same time removing the knives from his back :laugh:
The offer of help was because I had previously been involved in a significant way in the clubs most successful ever season ticket initiative. It seems Norman decided not to go down that route. Norman has also been offered help by a number of people on different projects but chooses to go on his own, which he is of course fully entitled to as it's his business. That doesn't mean I have to agree with him.

Good god, there's a whole skip full of twisted knickers in this thread. I got bored after page 31

Anybody who thinks we'll start the season with just Kapend and Campion as our only out and out strikers needs to give their head a little wobble. Maybe even throw some cold water over yourself while your at it. You might wake up.

Archived